Can all you DmC haters please direct some of it towards Lords of Shadow?

#1ZarethPosted 4/18/2013 12:33:48 PM
Thanks,

Castlevania fans everywhere.
---
It's okay, I have no idea who I am either.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/sage_assassin20/13295475117601.gif http://i.imgur.com/WOo6wcq.png
#25hadowsPosted 4/18/2013 12:37:31 PM
I used to be pretty angry about it, then I played koumajou 1 & 2 and it was gone.

I also got guacamelee now.
---
Ill add something here later....
#3StepswordsmanPosted 4/18/2013 12:37:45 PM
No. This hatred is fueled by the wrong hair color. If the hair is black by default, it loses all meaning and dies out.

Hence, Lords of Shadow is a good game.
---
Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing.
#4KyryloPosted 4/18/2013 12:38:31 PM
Lords of Shadow is cool and >>>>>>>>> better than DmC.
#5akira_hisyamPosted 4/18/2013 12:40:51 PM
lords of shadow? i dont know what wrong with that game,it a good game for castlevania reboot
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
#65hadowsPosted 4/18/2013 12:52:12 PM
akira_hisyam posted...
lords of shadow? i dont know what wrong with that game,it a good game for castlevania reboot

Because it's replacing the old series, I want my 2d mietroidvania games not a 3d god war wannabe HnS. The difference between LoS and DmC is that at least LoS tried to catter to a new fanbase and it was successful to a certain extent.
---
Ill add something here later....
#7SiLVeR_420Posted 4/18/2013 12:52:23 PM
Why? Unlike NT Mercury Steam are actually fans of past titles and they respected both them and the fans. They didnt trash talk either like NT did.

Also your name is strikingly similar to a former troll. Be careful.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#8PunkMcThrustPosted 4/18/2013 12:54:28 PM
As far as reboots go I sort of like the direction LoS took.
Rather than goofy Halloween decorations they took things toward a Guillermo Del Toro Spanish Horror style.
Sort of like how Batman went from fighting a South American rainbow creature who turns him into paper to the much more grim and brooding Burton style in the 80's. Both are awesome and I welcome the variety.

And it's a competent God of War clone that I found to be far better than God of War itself.

Not only that but holy crap are you really going to complain about them rebooting Castlevania when the original series has the most canonical titles (in fact the most titles period) of any game series ever made? As far as I'm concerned once Castlevania '99 (PLEASE KONAMI) comes out the original series will be goddamn done.

DMC only had 4 games and had just found its feet (DMC4 sold the most copies and had the deepest gameplay)
Castlevania has probably well over 30 and was long past due for something new. Although Lords of Shadow wasn't as good as Lament of Innocence (awesome Devil May Cry ripoff) and Curse of Darkness (even more awesome Action RPG with tons of content)
---
Armstrong for President
#9docman864Posted 4/18/2013 12:55:02 PM
Zareth posted...
Thanks,

Castlevania fans everywhere.

honestly, what is your take on Lords of Shadow? LoS in my opinion does most things right than DmC. 1. 3D castlevania games were not necessarily great in the past. 2. from what I remember, the story is self contained. 3. LoS tries to be different, while DmC tries to be modern? 4. not overrated like DmC, which is a good thing cause most low rated games play better than those high rated games. 5. that lore and epic sensation are all I could ever ask for in a game with the exception of that lame final boss right at end of LoS.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#10docman864Posted 4/18/2013 12:56:25 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
As far as reboots go I sort of like the direction LoS took.
Rather than goofy Halloween decorations they took things toward a Guillermo Del Toro Spanish Horror style.
Sort of like how Batman went from fighting a South American rainbow creature who turns him into paper to the much more grim and brooding Burton style in the 80's. Both are awesome and I welcome the variety.

And it's a competent God of War clone that I found to be far better than God of War itself.

Not only that but holy crap are you really going to complain about them rebooting Castlevania when the original series has the most canonical titles (in fact the most titles period) of any game series ever made? As far as I'm concerned once Castlevania '99 (PLEASE KONAMI) comes out the original series will be goddamn done.

DMC only had 4 games and had just found its feet (DMC4 sold the most copies and had the deepest gameplay)
Castlevania has probably well over 30 and was long past due for something new. Although Lords of Shadow wasn't as good as Lament of Innocence (awesome Devil May Cry ripoff) and Curse of Darkness (even more awesome Action RPG with tons of content)

wasn't game also made in Spain?
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.