Can all you DmC haters please direct some of it towards Lords of Shadow?

#41SiLVeR_420Posted 4/18/2013 11:30:29 PM
SinisterSamurai posted...
5hadows posted...
akira_hisyam posted...
lords of shadow? i dont know what wrong with that game,it a good game for castlevania reboot

Because it's replacing the old series, I want my 2d mietroidvania games not a 3d god war wannabe HnS. The difference between LoS and DmC is that at least LoS tried to catter to a new fanbase and it was successful to a certain extent.

Castlevania 64, Legacy of Darkness, Lament of Innocence, Curse of Darkness... It's hard to make the claim that Lords of Shadow is "replacing the old series," when Konami continued to produce 2D Castlevanias after 1999. Chances are they'll continue producing them for portables.

I'll admit that I prefer the 2D gameplay, though.

It all depends on if Iga wants to still make them.

And I like LoS but I do prefer the 2D style. Circle of the Moon is my favorite in the entire series.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#42Orange00Posted 4/19/2013 12:31:23 AM(edited)
LoS was a good first effort in hack n slash genre. I can see how people might think it was a better overall game than DmC, it is a matter of opinion after all. However when examining a single component like combat and claiming it as better, i seriously have trouble understanding this.

there were a couple of fundamental flaws IMO. First would be technical merits, i have not seen that bad FPS in any game. Some games might occasionally nosedive to 10 FPS or something but LoS often had this poor 15 FPS throughout levels. Camera was also way too far from the action for my liking

secondly, enemy designs and behavior was pretty bad. Most of the enemies you fought were basic humanoid critters with identical movesets. Usually only some gimmick and appearance made the difference. Boss battles were also pretty meh. I especially disliked those golem fights. Too much QTE really.

but hopefully LoS2 steps up and improves over it's predecessor.
---
Devil May Cry: Apocrypha --Devil May Cry reboot prequel choose your own adventure with RPG elements. Or something-- Join the fight on a DmC-board near you!
#43SiLVeR_420Posted 4/19/2013 1:21:59 AM
Was the framrate a PlayStation problem? I never have any framrate problems on 360.

The combat in LoS was meh but for a first attempt it was passable.

My only major complaint against LoS is the freaking out of nowhere last boss.

You get the feeling its leading up to an epic fight against Death the suddenly. NOPE Satan!
---
Forgive the name.
#44Orange00Posted 4/19/2013 1:29:01 AM
i played it on PS3 yea, i'm a bit jealous if xbox got no problems with FPS.. It's best described as similar framerate as dark souls' blighttown has if you're familiar with that little hellhole. Only in LoS it's apparent in multiple areas.
---
Devil May Cry: Apocrypha --Devil May Cry reboot prequel choose your own adventure with RPG elements. Or something-- Join the fight on a DmC-board near you!
#45TearsfoUniversePosted 4/19/2013 1:43:44 AM
Orange00 posted...
i played it on PS3 yea, i'm a bit jealous if xbox got no problems with FPS.. It's best described as similar framerate as dark souls' blighttown has if you're familiar with that little hellhole. Only in LoS it's apparent in multiple areas.

man I had Dark Souls for 360 and heard about blighttown and thought oh it ain't going to be that bad, I was wrong. and so from on I only used the shortcut to avoid bad framerate in that area
---
The war has begun, but there is still so much cake and other things to burn
#46SiLVeR_420Posted 4/19/2013 1:47:58 AM
TearsfoUniverse posted...
Orange00 posted...

man I had Dark Souls for 360 and heard about blighttown and thought oh it ain't going to be that bad, I was wrong. and so from on I only used the shortcut to avoid bad framerate in that area

LoS never had any problems for me atleast.

And Blighttown...I heard about it but when I finally got there I didn't find it as bad as people said. I had the game installed so maybe that helped?
---
Forgive the name.
#47TearsfoUniversePosted 4/19/2013 1:49:53 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
TearsfoUniverse posted...
Orange00 posted...

LoS never had any problems for me atleast.

And Blighttown...I heard about it but when I finally got there I didn't find it as bad as people said. I had the game installed so maybe that helped?

prolly I never install games (don't have the memory for it)
---
#48Orange00Posted 4/19/2013 1:55:28 AM
blighttown ain't that bad, i do run through it every playthrough. But once you have that framerate throughout the game it becomes an annoyance. Still it's not a game breaking "feature" but i certainly wouldn't miss it if gone.. Dunno about blighttown, wouldn't be the same without it ;D
---
#49TearsfoUniversePosted 4/19/2013 1:58:31 AM
Orange00 posted...
blighttown ain't that bad, i do run through it every playthrough. But once you have that framerate throughout the game it becomes an annoyance. Still it's not a game breaking "feature" but i certainly wouldn't miss it if gone.. Dunno about blighttown, wouldn't be the same without it ;D

eh I just didn't like Blighttown thought it was horrible with those jerks that always poison you
---
#50SiLVeR_420Posted 4/19/2013 2:00:37 AM
Orange00 posted...

I always hate killing Quelog...she just seems to be protecting her sister I think. She gives you a pretty sweet sword though.

Also that giant wolf...I hesitated to kill him when he started limping around...I didn't return to kill him untill I figured out you had to kill him to fight the 4 kings.
---
Forgive the name.