this game is awesome.

#71StrelokPosted 4/18/2013 8:15:37 PM
Hell, even saying that it is leaps and bounds better than 4 is outright insulting to the much superior, in EVERY way, game.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#72Ink-RibbonPosted 4/18/2013 8:19:43 PM
Strelok posted...
Hell, even saying that it is leaps and bounds better than 4 is outright insulting to the much superior, in EVERY way, game.

I agree, DmC didn't deserve being compared to such horrible game ( DMC 4-Nero's part).

Also, I love how you guys are afraid of telling the moderator, the same words you usually tell to users who make topics talking about how good DmC is and how it's better than previous games.

Stay classy, antis. Your double standard is quite delicious. By the way, even I thought DMC 1 is much harder than DmC. XD
#73RetsuxDPosted 4/18/2013 8:22:19 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Strelok posted...

I agree, DmC didn't deserve being compared to such horrible game ( DMC 4-Nero's part).

Also, I love how you guys are afraid of telling the moderator, the same words you usually tell to users who make topics talking about how good DmC is and how it's better than previous games.

Stay classy, antis. Your double standard is quite delicious. By the way, even I thought DMC 1 is much harder than DmC. XD

Serious question: What's your gripe with Nero?
#745hadowsPosted 4/18/2013 8:22:23 PM
Dialgadude posted...
The game is quite good, but not awesome though...

Still, much better than DMC 4 ( Nero's part)

It's leaps and bounds better than 1 and 4. Compared to 1, its combat will hold up much better and compared to 4, it doesn't have the piss-poor *spoiler* retread that happened mid-game.

As challenging as the previous were, they were far from inviting. What this generation of gamers needs to realize is that accessibility is not a bad thing.

The game difficulty is a joke, you wanna make it more accessible to casual players? Add a easy mode and keep normal mode as hard as the old one, that way noobs can clear the easy mode then have a tough time on normal mode, and more experienced players can start on normal and work their way to DMD. DmC DMD difficulty is as hard as DMC 3 normal if not easier.

Also lol if you think it is better than 4, seriously? It might be comparable to DMC1 combat with the amount of stuff you can do. But not, never in a milion years DmC combat can be even compared to DMC 3 or 4, even Nero had more depth in combat than Donte even if he had only one single sword and gun.
---
Ill add something here later....
#75Dialgadude(Moderator)Posted 4/18/2013 8:23:14 PM
It is when you take most of what people loved about the games out for casuals.

Also leaps and bounds better then 1 and 4? lolno.

4 arguably has the best combat in the series, but the design of the rest of the game, from the platforming to puzzles and platforming puzzles, are the weakest. I'm currently replaying through the 1st game as of right now and the fact that you need to grind for most of the level-ups is really tedious.

DmC improved in almost area for the rest of the series, but scaled back the combat as a result. I never really liked the combat in the series to begin with, and greatly disliked the attempts at throwing in non-combat sections in, so this game is perfect for someone like me.
---
My Youtube channel. Browse a few videos if you'd like. Don't worry, they aren't long!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dialgadude
#765hadowsPosted 4/18/2013 8:24:23 PM
Dialgadude posted...
It is when you take most of what people loved about the games out for casuals.

Also leaps and bounds better then 1 and 4? lolno.

4 arguably has the best combat in the series, but the design of the rest of the game, from the platforming to puzzles and platforming puzzles, are the weakest. I'm currently replaying through the 1st game as of right now and the fact that you need to grind for most of the level-ups is really tedious.

DmC improved in almost area for the rest of the series, but scaled back the combat as a result. I never really liked the combat in the series to begin with, and greatly disliked the attempts at throwing in non-combat sections in, so this game is perfect for someone like me.

So you play HnS games for puzzles and platforming?
---
Ill add something here later....
#77Dialgadude(Moderator)Posted 4/18/2013 8:26:35 PM
So you play HnS games for puzzles and platforming?

The makers of the previous games thought we did.
---
My Youtube channel. Browse a few videos if you'd like. Don't worry, they aren't long!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dialgadude
#78syctheweilderPosted 4/18/2013 8:29:06 PM
Taking out lock-on was a huge mistake.
#79Ink-RibbonPosted 4/18/2013 8:30:27 PM
RetsuxD posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Strelok posted...

Serious question: What's your gripe with Nero?

I don't think he belongs to a DMC game. His story, his actions, his gameplay. Nothing coming from him, deserved to be part of DMC 4.

It would work better as some kind of Spin-off series. They could even call it Nero's adventures. I wouldn't care about it.

However, their big mistake was including him to steal Dante's position. Dante IS Devil May Cry, not Nero.
#80StrelokPosted 4/18/2013 8:32:11 PM
-20/10 Ink.
DMC4 is so much better than DmC it should be a crime to name the two in a single breath.
A buggy, glitchridden game with half the FPS of the other, filled with slowdowns, uninspiring enemies, awkward animations, horrible voiceacting, terrible storyline (which is meant to replace it mind you, and we got something WORSE) should never be compared to a game which biggest issue was backtracking.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg