"This game is too easy even on DMD"

#141Pesmerga255Posted 4/21/2013 12:08:24 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
ninja_poop posted...
Its funny how the antis say DMD is too easy, but you need to beat the game twice to even unlock it.

2 playthrough in DmC is only 8 hours or less.

It's still 8 hours that could be spent playing a better game.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#142Psychochild27Posted 4/21/2013 1:04:05 PM(edited)
So I got to DMD today trying to dodge actual paying work and I got to say:

This is it? This is the penultimate difficulty that is supposed to shut me up once and for all about how easy the game is?

The only thing DMD does is make it all that more apparent that people who say lock-on isn't an issue never played past Human where your targets actually matter. Even with Turbo Mod in play though, the biggest fight I've had up to where I am has all been against the game's stinger inputs deciding they don't want to work a little bit more than they used to and constantly whisking me away from danger (I blame the Turbo Mod for that), not the enemies themselves.

They don't seem more aggressive, they don't appear to have much more health than Son of Sparda, their DT takes so long to kick into effect that I'm not even sure what it actually does because I rarely see it (And when I do, the things are close to death anyway) and even at 120% game speed, I'm still able to easily evade and demon dodge all damage except for the (Much more commonly found) Dreamrunner parries because half the time I'm not even paying all that much attention in the first place

It's Son of Sparda with different enemy encounters here and there as far as I can tell. Despite how much I want it, everything continues to feel like annoyance after annoyance than a genuine threat.
#143Ink-RibbonPosted 4/21/2013 1:05:47 PM
ninja_poop posted...
Its funny how the antis say DMD is too easy, but you need to beat the game twice to even unlock it.

Lol

Antis don't have any kind of logic, that's why I didn't even bother saying that. Anyway, you're right regardless. XD
#144sworderPosted 4/21/2013 2:27:43 PM
syctheweilder posted...
Sworder don't be such a meanie head

this place is a place of peace and love XD

You are right, we should all be friends XD
#145RagueltheUFOPosted 4/21/2013 2:28:13 PM
You know, I find Yazoo kind of annoying. He should be an adult and give facts and proof instead of just dodging questions. He would be relevant if he had facts to back it up instead of cherry picking and ignoring what others are saying that he can't back up.

And Ink-Ribbon, please stop leeching off of other pros especially shatter. I'm tired seeing you just going on the delusional pro wagon without any evidence. Be an example for the younger people on this thread because all I see is you picking a fight for no apparent reasons.

But alas everyone keep trolling. I smile at how stupid some trolls can be especially when they can't give evidence on why DMD is hard.
#146Ink-RibbonPosted 4/21/2013 2:29:06 PM
RagueltheUFO posted...
You know, I find Yazoo kind of annoying. He should be an adult and give facts and proof instead of just dodging questions. He would be relevant if he had facts to back it up instead of cherry picking and ignoring what others are saying that he can't back up.

And Ink-Ribbon, please stop leeching off of other pros especially shatter. I'm tired seeing you just going on the delusional pro wagon without any evidence. Be an example for the younger people on this thread because all I see is you picking a fight for no apparent reasons.

But alas everyone keep trolling. I smile at how stupid some trolls can be especially when they can't give evidence on why DMD is hard.

0/10

I hate trolling.
#147Ink-RibbonPosted 4/21/2013 2:30:40 PM
sworder posted...
syctheweilder posted...
Sworder don't be such a meanie head

this place is a place of peace and love XD

You are right, we should all be friends XD

Some of you may be even lovers. It's up to you. XD
#148PunkMcThrustPosted 4/21/2013 2:34:21 PM
In DMC1 DMD is so hard it made me cry. I couldn't beat the first mission.

In DMC3 DMD is also hard but not as much. Mostly it's just that the annoying enemies (arrow guys, soul things, etc.) are more annoying. Lustercut is just a bull**** move because it's not in any way telegraphed before it's done. And Vergil 2 and 3 are hard because of the stupid regen health, and Arkham is hard because he's the worst boss of the series.

DMC4 DMD is way harder than in 3 but still not on the level of 1. Enemies are way stronger and more powerful, less predictable, telegraph much more softly, there's more Blitzes to deal with, hell the Nero dice game even forces you to fight the frog, sometimes even twice.

In DmC DMD mode is pathetically easy. VMD is a bit of a challenge, and a good challenge with the Turbo mod.
---
Armstrong for President
#149syctheweilderPosted 4/21/2013 2:56:02 PM
produner posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
produner posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
syctheweilder posted...
Ok everyone new goalpost, go buy a game you don't want and play through it twice so you can play the highest difficulty then you can SSS everything and prove that the game's too easy.

The time that it takes to do that will be just enough time for yaz to think up a new hoop for you to jump through, so look forward to it ;)

Let's not start with fallacies. I expected more of you. You can hate the game for many, many reasons (graphics, story, characters, controls, gameplay, soundtrack etc, etc), all I'm saying is that you shouldn't call DMD "easy" if you've never played it. That's just common sense. Just pick something else to rant about if you thought the game was so boring that you couldn't even unlock DMD.

Common sense tells me that a 30fps game port is designed for slower combat, and the AI doesn't have complex spacing patterns, neither high damage. That is aside from the obvious-on the first playthrough damage output and tools that donte has, which can roflstomp the slow and weak enemies in the game.

Hey, lets not mention the huge active frames of moves like prop, which means auto parry, and the can be roll/jump/chargeshot cancelled.

Common sense and facts are not on your side, buddy.

You're beyond reasoning. You think you know how fps works but you don't. For instance, a game you love that says it runs at 60 fps (MGR, when in truth it's more like 45~50 fps with drops to below 30 fps on the PS3) has a higher parry window than DmC. Don't believe me? Just check it out side by side. I'm talking about perfect parry because normal parry has such a large window of opportunity than you can pretty much just keep repeating forward + Square, forward + Square, forward + Square and normal parry every red attack.

MGR has a parry window of 20 frames. It doesn't drop below 45-50fps and post your source of the average FPS/benchmark of MGR. DmC has 24fps.

DmC doesn't have a parrying window, you must have active frames that must connect with the enemies active frames.

MGR doesn't have restriction on inputs, thus you might mash on lower difficulties.

If you don't have evidence, and you don't understand crap about FPS and game mechanics , save yourself the embarrassment.

Besides, no one brought up MGR, and it doesn't change the fact that DmC runs at 24fps average, 100+ms input lag, and parrying is broken because you can use long ranged special moves with many active frames of attack. You don't even understand DmC's parry system.

Benchmarks it runs at near 60fps, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4599MBazNH8&feature=player_embedded

I love me some substantiating evidence, don't you?
#150Psychochild27Posted 4/21/2013 3:05:45 PM(edited)
DMC4 DMD is way harder than in 3 but still not on the level of 1. Enemies are way stronger and more powerful, less predictable, telegraph much more softly, there's more Blitzes to deal with, hell the Nero dice game even forces you to fight the frog, sometimes even twice.

Is it? I mean while it's true that the enemies in DMC4 are much more fleshed out and realized than their DMC3 counterparts (And to argue anything otherwise is outright moronic), their DT, health and damage was significantly tuned down.

In DMC3, DT happened more often (Three kills of a single enemy type from the time specific enemy to DT has spawned in or X amount of time), enemies gained an even greater defensive bonus, their hitstun resistance was absurd in comparison to DMC4 and enemies regardless of DT dealt the same damage, all while DMC4's enemies had less health, dealt less damage (With a damage buff being brought by DT to make up the difference) and less frequent DTs to deal with.

You take that and combine it with the fact that half of DMC4's bosses were largely all based off of DMC3's Beowulf's style of fight where there's no real defensive mechanism to work around and you can combo him freely so long as you evade his attacks, and that with a character who has all his tools with him all the time (with a bevy of crowd control abilities to boot), you're never in a position where you simply have a poor load out for a given fight.