"This game is too easy even on DMD"

#161Rising_shadowPosted 4/21/2013 4:18:47 PM
The final version's Blade Mode only drops FPS to below 30 if you're basically cutting giant objects for two minutes straight into hundreds of tiny pieces. When cutting enemies or objects like crates or boxes the FPS is stable at high 50's.
Yazoo once again tries to justify faults with DmC by saying MGR is also flawed. Guess what, just because MGR is flawed doesn't mean DmC's FPS drops are non-existent. Especially when most of the game runs at that speed for no apparent reason.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#162syctheweilderPosted 4/21/2013 4:31:16 PM(edited)
produner posted...
Doge dodge dodge. There are the benchmarks, 55-60fps when that corridor was collapsing and explosions where on the screen; if you didn't see that, it is because of your emotional state. Only significant drops are in blade mode and when cutting with it excessive, not during normal gameplay and cutscenes.

As i said before, the game instructs you to use osiris prop to hit the enemy during their active attack frames, which osiris prop seems ideal for it since it has many active frames, long range and cancellablility.

Can you explain DmC's parrying mechanics instead of making false claims?

He even linked to the video which shows the framerates on both the 360 and ps3 versions.

produner posted...
Benchmarks it runs at near 60fps, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4599MBazNH8&feature=player_embedded

Featured in this video;

gameplay
blade mode
cutscenes
multiple explosions
metal gear RAY
smoke
small particle effects
physics enabled geometry
large pieces of shifting level geometry

Not featured in this video

frame drops below 30
#163sworderPosted 4/21/2013 4:46:41 PM
Maybe Yazoo is dyslexic
#164RetsuxDPosted 4/21/2013 5:01:17 PM(edited)
SHMYazoo posted...
RetsuxD posted...
This just in:
The only way to gauge a game's difficulty is to play the highest one, not the default ones.

Talk about moving goalposts.

I'm sorry, you're new to the genre or something?

You're new to videogames in general, it seems.

Extra difficulties are just that, EXTRA.
Why the hell do you think they're not unlocked at the start?
So you can get a taste of the game's real difficulty before you jump on then.

Whatever you do after that is your business, if you get some challenges out of them, then good, if you don't then the cover of the book lied.
#165zfair89Posted 4/22/2013 12:46:53 AM
This is just last wordism. No one is actually arguing or 'discussing' anything. I'm out.
#166produnerPosted 4/22/2013 12:52:10 AM
zfair89 posted...
This is just last wordism. No one is actually arguing or 'discussing' anything. I'm out.

produner
Common sense tells me that a 30fps game port is designed for slower combat, and the AI doesn't have complex spacing patterns, neither high damage. That is aside from the obvious-on the first playthrough damage output and tools that donte has, which can roflstomp the slow and weak enemies in the game.

Why would it even be difficult if the AI and enemies were not designed to space well and attack at high speeds? Many exploits, high damage output, Dumb AI, AOE, crowd control, infinite strings and easy parries with prop.

For them, facts don't matter and they still need to see scores, which is irrelevant if it was a top player.

/topic.
#167syctheweilderPosted 4/22/2013 10:15:51 AM
zfair89 posted...

*posts indisputable facts*

*opponent bolts*
#168ScreamingMidgetPosted 4/22/2013 10:20:27 AM
sworder posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
Seriously produner, didn't you play MGR on the PS3? It doesn't get to 30

This sentence can be read as the following:

Seriously produner, didn't you play MGR on the PS3? I am now going to blatantly lie about its framerate even if there is evidence showing the game running at high 50s in a thinly veiled attempt to make DmC look better

This is what pros do. They have 0 arguments so they lie about other games in an attempt to make DmTurd look better.

I find it freaking hilarious that every anti I know has a better understanding and grasp on DmC's mechanics than all the pros.
#169StrelokPosted 4/22/2013 10:43:27 AM
That is because we do our f***ing homework.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#170Psychochild27Posted 4/22/2013 10:57:45 AM(edited)
I'm still waiting to hear what makes DMD so much harder than SoS other than fewer green orb drops which is trivialized anyway by restarting checkpoints and the remixed enemy waves. I'm just breezing through the game at this point.