"This game is too easy even on DMD"

#251RichterB17Posted 4/24/2013 3:34:28 PM
Phaild posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
Rising_shadow posted...
You'd know all about those double standards wouldn't you, making irrelevant walls of text and bringing up things and games nobody even mentioned to begin with.

It's like I'm some kind of prophet. Replying with an ad hominem.

Are you going to use those powers to respond to my question?

Nope.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#252_Uwye_Posted 4/24/2013 3:42:15 PM
Don't worry, feel free to reply with a fallacious argument.

Also, this is funny considering that his previous wall of text was pretty much just fallacies.
#253syctheweilderPosted 4/24/2013 4:31:02 PM
Query:

How does the parry system in DmC work?

What are the framerate benchmarks for Metal Gear Rising?

How does the parry system in Metal Gear Rising work?

Answers in bold:

produner posted...

MGR has a parry window of 20 frames. It doesn't drop below 45-50fps and post your source of the average FPS/benchmark of MGR. DmC has 24fps.

DmC doesn't have a parrying window, you must have active frames that must connect with the enemies active frames.

MGR doesn't have restriction on inputs, thus you might mash on lower difficulties.

If you don't have evidence, and you don't understand crap about FPS and game mechanics , save yourself the embarrassment.

Besides, no one brought up MGR, and it doesn't change the fact that DmC runs at 24fps average, 100+ms input lag, and parrying is broken because you can use long ranged special moves with many active frames of attack. You don't even understand DmC's parry system.

Benchmarks it runs at near 60fps, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4599MBazNH8&feature=player_embedded

SHMYazoo posted...
I've been thinking, why should I bother explaining the parry system when there's people here who think MGR's parry requires more precision BECAUSE of 60 fps? On top of that, there are people here that after having played both STILL think it's harder / requires more skill to parry in MGR than in DmC. Sure, ONCE AGAIN, DmC is one of the easiest in the sub genre (I know this because I actually played the game, some of you should try it before trying to sound cool on the internet) but when its parry window of opportunity manages to be smaller than a game that has that as the main focus, you know there's something wrong. Not only that, but it actually has on the fly weapon switch and more than 20 combos available to you. It actually requires more than two playthroughs to unlock everything in there. The least Platinum could do was flesh out the weapons, but what we got was weapons like the Sai with only 2 moves. Yet it's better than DmC for most of you guys... Maybe because the protagonist has white hair? Haha! Who knows?

So, again, why should I bother explaining something to people that are clearly biased and have shown again and again where their true intentions are? First you need to step your game up, you know, try playing some better ninja games instead of MGR only, maybe other great HnS games like Bayonetta (an actually good HnS game from the same developers), then you need to understand that difficulty and fps don't necessarily make or break a game. If you manage to be polite after doing all that, maybe we can talk again. Until then, keep crying over Dante's black hair and "low fps". The fun part is that the PC version runs at 60 fps but some of you at the time mentioned how the game was "developed with 30 fps in mind", showing your uneducated opinions. You know, I heard a similar argument not too long ago about Dark Souls. People wanted to remove the 30 fps cap on the PC version but console players kept saying how the game was DEVELOPED WITH 30 FPS in mind and how it would "break" the game and mess with the multiplayer and parrying if they ever removed it. Guess what happened when they removed it? Absolutely nothing. Parry window was still the same, online was still the same.

I know it's likely that you'll answer this by either saying "everything you said is wrong BECAUSE I said so!" or "you're mad lololol" but I thought it was worth saying it to you guys at least this time. Feel free to ignore and mock the post. I'll be having fun here playing games. Hope you make the most out of your free time.

So from here we should be able to tell the answers to these questions.
#254syctheweilderPosted 4/24/2013 4:39:37 PM
So in summation, on one side we have numbers and specifics, and on the other a wall of fluff, deflection and irrelevant padding. He not only doesn't answer the question, there's nothing to suggest he even knows what he's talking about.

So, yazoo says produner's wrong about the active frames and framerate benchmarks. Why? Because he said so? Judging by the amount of unbolded text, yaz would rather talk about real time weapon switching and rising's crappy item menu or Raiden's hair color.

Put up or shut up, man. if you're not willing to be specific, no one here, pro or anti, has any reason to believe you.
#255Yuber255Posted 4/24/2013 4:40:06 PM
There was something disturbingly familiar about the topic before me. The text was all nonsense.

"You're in the DMD topic again, Yuber"

The truth was a burning green crack through my brain.
People backpedaling to avoid being wrong, the goal post eternally being moved. Endless repetition of anti vs. pro battles, questions being avoided. The paranoid feeling that it's all just a really bad troll attempt.

I was in a Yazoo topic.

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.
---
Son of the Legendary Troll Knight Shatter
#256RichterB17Posted 4/24/2013 9:37:31 PM
Yuber255 posted...
There was something disturbingly familiar about the topic before me. The text was all nonsense.

"You're in the DMD topic again, Yuber"

The truth was a burning green crack through my brain.
People backpedaling to avoid being wrong, the goal post eternally being moved. Endless repetition of anti vs. pro battles, questions being avoided. The paranoid feeling that it's all just a really bad troll attempt.

I was in a Yazoo topic.

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpzfV8OtLHI Yuber's Nightmare.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#257produnerPosted 4/24/2013 11:05:06 PM
syctheweilder posted...
So in summation, on one side we have numbers and specifics, and on the other a wall of fluff, deflection and irrelevant padding. He not only doesn't answer the question, there's nothing to suggest he even knows what he's talking about.

So, yazoo says produner's wrong about the active frames and framerate benchmarks. Why? Because he said so? Judging by the amount of unbolded text, yaz would rather talk about real time weapon switching and rising's crappy item menu or Raiden's hair color.

Put up or shut up, man. if you're not willing to be specific, no one here, pro or anti, has any reason to believe you.

Thanks, Mate!

More on yazoo's original-invalid argument:
He is using the score board as an argument/proof, which is irrelevant as it doesn't consider the player's level.

produner

He is using the score board as an argument/proof, which is irrelevant as it doesn't consider the player's level.

As for difficulty it is universally judged by this, and being easy for someone doesn't mean easy on its own merits or judging by these standards:

The original 30fps port of the game was designed for slower combat, and the AI doesn't have complex spacing patterns, neither high damage. That is aside from the damage output and tools that donte has, which can roflstomp the slow and weak enemies in the game.

Why would it even be difficult if the AI and enemies were not designed to space well and attack at high speeds? Many exploits, high damage output, Dumb AI, AOE, crowd control, infinite strings and easy parries with prop.

For them, facts don't matter and they still need to see scores, which is irrelevant if it was a top player.

/topic.
#258RagueltheUFOPosted 4/24/2013 11:08:50 PM
I'm really starting to wonder if any pro on this forum can argue? Lurking for so long, I already know my answer is no. :|
#259syctheweilderPosted 4/25/2013 2:32:32 AM
RagueltheUFO posted...
I'm really starting to wonder if any pro on this forum can argue? Lurking for so long, I already know my answer is no. :|

Orange guy mostly makes sense.

He doesn't pretend to know about things for starters
#260Nick_KazamaPosted 4/25/2013 4:23:58 AM
5hadows posted...
Because we didn't buy the game. /thread

To quote a certain fire Pokemon gym leader; "I hope you have a burn heal!" :3
---
My harem -
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/NIck_Kazama/bunnyharuhi.jpg