"This game is too easy even on DMD"

#41_Uwye_Posted 4/19/2013 1:19:35 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
Say the antis. Oddly enough, those that actually ended up playing this mode to talk about the game and said DMD was still too easy could never post their scores on the leaderboards to show us how easy it was to be so good...

I wonder why...

Maybe you should explain what is supposed to be the correlation between difficulty and score. Just because it's easy to beat doesn't mean that someone will play it to perfect it.
#42StrelokPosted 4/19/2013 1:55:31 PM
I never even noticed the new attack, go figure.
Must be because it is extremely similar to their other highly uninspiring attacks that barely take chips out of your health, let alone a good chunk.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#43bigdom93Posted 4/19/2013 2:12:13 PM
Yuber255 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
akira_hisyam posted...
leaderboards?? im bet 99percent people play this game got A rank or above for any difficulty.

Leaderboards are not about the A, S, SS or SSS rank. You can die 100 times and get SSS. We're talking about the stats breakdown. People said it was too easy but they were too afraid to show the Stylish Score (the points below the Rank), number of deaths, speed, etc.

Don't think any of the antis loons are afraid mate. Honestly I just think none of them give enough of a f*** to play the game long enough to unlock DMD.

I mean what that's like 3 playthroughs?
Honestly I only played half the game myself and it felt like my soul was being sucked out it was so boring lol.

it must be capcom evil plan to control the human world by sucking out peoples souls with boring games
---
Trust no one, the minute god cr@pped out the third caveman, there was a conspiracy against one of them
#44SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 2:46:40 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
Say the antis. Oddly enough, those that actually ended up playing this mode to talk about the game and said DMD was still too easy could never post their scores on the leaderboards to show us how easy it was to be so good...

I wonder why...

Maybe you should explain what is supposed to be the correlation between difficulty and score. Just because it's easy to beat doesn't mean that someone will play it to perfect it.

They say things like the skill ceiling of this game is low and yet they could never reach this one's skill ceiling, let alone DMC3 or 4 by the way, like some of the top DMC players said about those complaining just because other people are complaining, like most Antis.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#45SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 2:47:30 PM
OracleGunner posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
As always, Antis missing the point.

The thing is some of your fellow Antis talk about DMD yet they "thought the game was so boring" they didn't even unlock it, thus pulling facts from their collective asses.

Also, enemies get new movesets and attack properties the higher the difficulty, try harder.

I seriously doubt you can maintain SSS after the patch. Hell, I doubt you could beat Master Ninja Mode, or even Hard Mode in NG3: Razor's Edge. But of course you'll say you will. I bet you also finished Contra and Battletoads when they were released and you were 5 years old too, right?

Yes one more move for the knights, and more shields, tons of new moves. Besides the ranking system is broken even if you SSS both time and style if you don't scavenge the optional health and missions you lose ranking.

I bet you used to have lots of fun getting red orbs to S or SS the other games in your multiple playthroughs, huh?
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#46SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 2:48:45 PM
RetsuxD posted...
It's been 5 years, Yazoo.

And you're still THIS mad about the dice.

Why shouldn't I be, it's 1 Dice game in the middle of the game and 6 floors of Dice games near the last level, forcing me to battle every boss a third time. Even with the mechanic of getting whatever number you want, it's still boring.
---
#47syctheweilderPosted 4/19/2013 2:54:57 PM(edited)
Meticulous chronicle of how pitifully easy the game really is, already posted in by the TC, thus rendering this topic null and void.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65295589

And here is my final update folks.

I've finally beaten the game on Dante Must Die mode. And I have to say, it was one of the most tedious and unfun experiences in gaming I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Just like Son of Sparda mode, the idea of difficulty here is to make enemies eat hits and throw a bunch of shield guys and colored enemies.

At no point was this ever an enjoyable experience, as it seemed like every encounter involved hammering at one or two blue enemies for an ungodly amount of time with an angel weapon. So, in retrospect the only way to get me to use angel weapons was to make enemies literally unkillable without them.

So, in conclusion, the difficulty did not really ramp on DMD. Only the rage inducing monotony.

http://i.imgur.com/3cfMmxU.jpg

#48Yuber255Posted 4/19/2013 2:55:10 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
RetsuxD posted...

Why shouldn't I be, it's 1 Dice game in the middle of the game and 6 floors of Dice games near the last level, forcing me to battle every boss a third time. Even with the mechanic of getting whatever number you want, it's still boring.

But good sir I would rather play that dice game for a forth night than be present to even a second more of this game. In fact I found the whole affair, as inconvenient as it may have seemed at the time preferable to the entirety of DmC and the further adventures by Mr. Vergil as well.

What say you to this sir?
---
Son of the Legendary Troll Knight Shatter
#49OracleGunnerPosted 4/19/2013 2:57:51 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
OracleGunner posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
As always, Antis missing the point.

The thing is some of your fellow Antis talk about DMD yet they "thought the game was so boring" they didn't even unlock it, thus pulling facts from their collective asses.

Also, enemies get new movesets and attack properties the higher the difficulty, try harder.

I seriously doubt you can maintain SSS after the patch. Hell, I doubt you could beat Master Ninja Mode, or even Hard Mode in NG3: Razor's Edge. But of course you'll say you will. I bet you also finished Contra and Battletoads when they were released and you were 5 years old too, right?

Yes one more move for the knights, and more shields, tons of new moves. Besides the ranking system is broken even if you SSS both time and style if you don't scavenge the optional health and missions you lose ranking.

I bet you used to have lots of fun getting red orbs to S or SS the other games in your multiple playthroughs, huh?

DMC- Not my priority
DMC2- Lets not talk about it
DMC3 & DMC3 SE- only when farming, was too busy memorizing boss patterns to not use agni & rudra on every one. And with Vergil yes its was very fun
DMC4- Nero was just lol in the red orb department and Dante just stage 17 farming on hard was fun red orb hunting. Dante was just fun all around especially once you got used to using the pandora on gunslinger.
DmC- Too easy, no challenge especially once you realize the dreamrunners are weak to osiris counters. Then again my combo in this game was rebbellion->aquila b-> Eryx launcher-> areal rave 1~2 hits-> slam charged level 1 or 2 if you can afford it. That usually gave me S ranks depending on the amount of enemies caught. If I was feeling lazy demon dodge -> Overdrive SSS done.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#50SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 3:02:56 PM
Yuber255 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
RetsuxD posted...

But good sir I would rather play that dice game for a forth night than be present to even a second more of this game. In fact I found the whole affair, as inconvenient as it may have seemed at the time preferable to the entirety of DmC and the further adventures by Mr. Vergil as well.

What say you to this sir?

Well, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I'm not talking to people that didn't like this game. I'm talking to people that say this game is too easy and never bothered to play the game, let alone above Nephilim mode.
---