"This game is too easy even on DMD"

#51Rising_shadowPosted 4/19/2013 5:22:49 PM
Just because they didn't play the game on DMD doesn't mean the game isn't easy. Especially so if they've played DMC3 or 4 on DMD. Really, this is such a vapid topic. There's no doubt whatsoever that this game offers little in terms of difficulty. It's an extremely casual game.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#52syctheweilderPosted 4/19/2013 5:33:53 PM
syctheweilder posted...
Meticulous chronicle of how pitifully easy the game really is, already posted in by the TC, thus rendering this topic null and void.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65295589

And here is my final update folks.

I've finally beaten the game on Dante Must Die mode. And I have to say, it was one of the most tedious and unfun experiences in gaming I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Just like Son of Sparda mode, the idea of difficulty here is to make enemies eat hits and throw a bunch of shield guys and colored enemies.

At no point was this ever an enjoyable experience, as it seemed like every encounter involved hammering at one or two blue enemies for an ungodly amount of time with an angel weapon. So, in retrospect the only way to get me to use angel weapons was to make enemies literally unkillable without them.

So, in conclusion, the difficulty did not really ramp on DMD. Only the rage inducing monotony.

http://i.imgur.com/3cfMmxU.jpg

#53RetsuxDPosted 4/19/2013 6:21:34 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
RetsuxD posted...
It's been 5 years, Yazoo.

And you're still THIS mad about the dice.

Why shouldn't I be, it's 1 Dice game in the middle of the game and 6 floors of Dice games near the last level, forcing me to battle every boss a third time. Even with the mechanic of getting whatever number you want, it's still boring.

At least you're honest about it.
#54Ink-RibbonPosted 4/19/2013 6:53:56 PM
sworder posted...
because it's boring

not getting hit is a joke, but the enemies have like 100x more health. you have to spend 30 mins to clear a small area mashing on dumb sandbags

You mean, just like most of the enemies from DMC 3 and 4 on DMD?

Well, obviously you forgot, but lots of enemies from DMC 3 were literally "sand made". Regular enemies in DMC 4 were also nothing more than punching bags.

Also, most of the enemies from DMC 3 had only 2 or 3 different attacks...DMC 4 enemies follow the same way.

Ah, and the enemies in DMC 3 and 4 also had a ton of HP on harder levels, just like DmC...

The irony of your statement is so delicious and tastefully done. XD
#55SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 6:54:01 PM
syctheweilder posted...
syctheweilder posted...
Meticulous chronicle of how pitifully easy the game really is, already posted in by the TC, thus rendering this topic null and void.

I've finally beaten the game on Dante Must Die mode. And I have to say, it was one of the most tedious and unfun experiences in gaming I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Just like Son of Sparda mode, the idea of difficulty here is to make enemies eat hits and throw a bunch of shield guys and colored enemies.

At no point was this ever an enjoyable experience, as it seemed like every encounter involved hammering at one or two blue enemies for an ungodly amount of time with an angel weapon. So, in retrospect the only way to get me to use angel weapons was to make enemies literally unkillable without them.

So, in conclusion, the difficulty did not really ramp on DMD. Only the rage inducing monotony.

We already went over it. Maybe today it'd mean something more, as it was made harder to SSS (though still not in the level of past DMCs). Still, better than 95% of the Antis in this board. It doesn't make what you say the universal truth, though.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#56SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 6:55:12 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
sworder posted...
because it's boring

not getting hit is a joke, but the enemies have like 100x more health. you have to spend 30 mins to clear a small area mashing on dumb sandbags

You mean, just like most of the enemies from DMC 3 and 4 on DMD?

Well, obviously you forgot, but lots of enemies from DMC 3 were literally "sand made". Regular enemies in DMC 4 were also nothing more than punching bags.

Also, most of the enemies from DMC 3 had only 2 or 3 different attacks...DMC 4 enemies follow the same way.

Ah, and the enemies in DMC 3 and 4 also had a ton of HP on harder levels, just like DmC...

The irony of your statement is so delicious and tastefully done. XD

Wait until they start praising Metal Gear Rising in a few.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#57syctheweilderPosted 4/19/2013 7:10:26 PM(edited)
SHMYazoo posted...
syctheweilder posted...
syctheweilder posted...

We already went over it. Maybe today it'd mean something more, as it was made harder to SSS.

No enemy AI adjustments or damage tweaks however, meaning the game is no more difficult now than it was back then.

Adding style meter depreciation doesn't effect game difficulty, it just makes style rank abuse more difficult.

Your new goalpost is weak and doesn't fully exist.
#58SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 7:12:39 PM
syctheweilder posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
syctheweilder posted...
syctheweilder posted...

We already went over it. Maybe today it'd mean something more, as it was made harder to SSS.

No enemy AI adjustments or damage tweaks however, meaning the game is no more difficult now than it was back then.

Adding style meter depreciation doesn't effect game difficulty, it just makes style rank abuse more difficult.

Your new goalpost is weak and doesn't fully exist.

You haven't played after the patch, have you? It's not about the enemies getting harder, it's about Demon Dodge buffed attacks not giving a big boost to style rank anymore, the style rank decay, correction to damage dealt by you, etc.
---
#59syctheweilderPosted 4/19/2013 7:58:28 PM(edited)
SHMYazoo posted...
You haven't played after the patch, have you?

I just got finished saying that style rank depreciation doesn't make the game any harder. The patch did not improve the enemy A.I.

Nerfing the damage bonus from demon dodge just increases the time it takes to dispatch the punching bags.

Treating one symptom doesn't remove the disease. You are grasping at straws.
#60domamaypaPosted 4/19/2013 7:52:54 PM
DMD is super easy. Nuff said. TC is delusional.