Video game "journalism" and DmC: Devil May Cry

#1PunkMcThrustPosted 4/21/2013 3:11:00 PM
A very large portion of my hate for this game is based on the way journalists covered it.

Insulting the fanbase, trying to talk about the series as if they ever played more than the first game in 2001 (and maybe DMC2), defending Ninja Theory and Capcom no matter what they do, ignoring or glossing over when they mess up, and whittling down all dislike of the game to "the hair, get over it."

Hell there was even a journalist who said to ignore the demo. Ignore the goddamn playable demo of the game, trust me it's not that bad the REAL thing is better, believe me. Seriously.

So... why the hell did they do this? Is it just sensationalism meant to drive up page hits? Did they feel sorry for the game that they considered the underdog or target of unwarranted hate? Is it because Ninja Theory is this sacred darling child developer that is loved by the press for some reason?

Hell the press entirely ignored Ninja Theory's insulting, disgusting, offensive GDC conference. Why? I just don't understand.
---
Armstrong for President
#25hadowsPosted 4/21/2013 3:11:35 PM
Money.
---
Ill add something here later....
#3OracleGunnerPosted 4/21/2013 3:13:54 PM
Aliens.

Seriously- Aliens.

Super Cereal Reason: It's because western games are in fashion right now and if its western it must be good.

But should the above not be correct then its aliens.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#4PunkMcThrust(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 3:15:14 PM
5hadows posted...
Money.

I doubt it. Maybe some of the reviews were coerced (ie, Capcom threatened to not send review copies or news/interviews for games in the future) but not bought out entirely. Capcom seems to shy away from that sort of thing, I mean RE6 was supposed to be the biggest title they ever made and it got abysmal reviews. If ANY game were to have bought reviews it would be that one.

I think the game was given high marks just because POOR NINJA THEORY POOR ABUSED NINJA THEORY DON'T BULLY THEM YOU ENTITLED MEANIES THE GAME IS GOOD GET OVER THE HAIR
---
Armstrong for President
#5CaioNVPosted 4/21/2013 3:15:32 PM
da game ees gud, get over it
http://venturebeat.com/2013/02/14/dmc-devil-may-cry-review-ps3-old-dog/
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#6Pesmerga255Posted 4/21/2013 3:15:37 PM
I'm honestly surprised that Ninja Theory hasn't been taken to court by a gay rights group after that Brokeback Mountain image.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#7RetsuxDPosted 4/21/2013 3:16:41 PM
OracleGunner posted...
Aliens.

Seriously- Aliens.

Super Cereal Reason: It's because western games are in fashion right now and if its western it must be good.

But should the above not be correct then its aliens.

And nowadays, if it's made in Japan by anyone not Nintendo, then it's bad and brings down the quality of the videogame industry.

I just don't know.

I blame modern sitcoms.
#8PunkMcThrust(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 3:16:45 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
I'm honestly surprised that Ninja Theory hasn't been taken to court by a gay rights group after that Brokeback Mountain image.

Nobody would know about it without being part of the hatedom for this game because no journalists will cover it for some reason.
Disgusting.
---
Armstrong for President
#9FireMage7777Posted 4/21/2013 3:19:53 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

I tried, nothing we can do sadly :(
---
I love my fans...too bad most of them aren't the good kind :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#10PunkMcThrust(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 3:22:02 PM
Oh yeah and another thing.

Trying to pin Devil May Cry 4 as a major step backwards for the series as if it didn't get the same great reviews DmC did, as well as selling the best out of the series and being the deepest mechanically.
---
Armstrong for President