Sales figures?

#11mahroflcopterPosted 4/22/2013 6:35:57 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
You can tell a game fails when they list how much it shipped instead of sold. Like XIII-2

XIII-2 sold bad? dunno. I preordered

Selling less than 1/4 of its predecessor, yes

According to Kitase, it sold 3.1 million, and will probably end up selling 3.5 million lifetime. So it sold about 45% of what XIII did and will probably end up with 50% of XIII-2's sales. If Kitase is to be believed.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#12KyryloPosted 4/22/2013 6:38:48 AM
mahroflcopter posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
You can tell a game fails when they list how much it shipped instead of sold. Like XIII-2

According to Kitase, it sold 3.1 million, and will probably end up selling 3.5 million lifetime. So it sold about 45% of what XIII did and will probably end up with 50% of XIII-2's sales. If Kitase is to be believed.

wait you saying XIII sold 7 mil.?
#13rockman11_zPosted 4/22/2013 6:57:33 AM
Listen, don't worry about the sales figures. The game flopped. In fact it flopped so bad Capcom should distribute copies of that game in Dollar Tree or 99 Cents store.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#14Yuber255Posted 4/22/2013 7:05:26 AM
I don't even know why we pay attention to this game's sell anymore to be honest.

I mean it's so below the flop line that barring mind control it'll never reach its goal lol.

The only thing keeping it from a $19.99 sales price already is Capcom's Ahab like stubbornness.
---
Son of the Legendary Troll Knight Shatter
#15FireMage7777Posted 4/22/2013 12:52:45 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

And he's not. LOL I.want a link to that
---
I love my fans...too bad most of them aren't the good kind :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#16TriangleMasherPosted 4/22/2013 1:02:46 PM
Yuber255 posted...
I don't even know why we pay attention to this game's sell anymore to be honest.

I mean it's so below the flop line that barring mind control it'll never reach its goal lol.

The only thing keeping it from a $19.99 sales price already is Capcom's Ahab like stubbornness.

Used copies are already being sold for the 360 at $19.99

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_used.php?products_id=-401237
---
Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle
#17maddawg223Posted 4/22/2013 1:09:09 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
So what are the sales at now? Last I heard it was struggling to break 700k, but the wikipedia page says 1.15 million have been sold but I HIGHLY doubt that.

Has anything changed in that regard? I mean the game only sold 50k all platforms worldwide in February and it sold between 600-750k in the first month, how could it have hit 1.15 million?

And that would mean that the game hit Capcom's re-re-re-revised sales expectations. So what happened? What's the actual sales at?

You know whats funny? Bayonetta sold that exact amount but in half the time. Looks like someone tried to troll platinum games but failed.
---
Xbox GT- MaDDawg223
UMvC team- Wesker, Taskmaster, Dante
#18PunkMcThrust(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 2:23:06 PM
maddawg223 posted...
PunkMcThrust posted...
So what are the sales at now? Last I heard it was struggling to break 700k, but the wikipedia page says 1.15 million have been sold but I HIGHLY doubt that.

Has anything changed in that regard? I mean the game only sold 50k all platforms worldwide in February and it sold between 600-750k in the first month, how could it have hit 1.15 million?

And that would mean that the game hit Capcom's re-re-re-revised sales expectations. So what happened? What's the actual sales at?

You know whats funny? Bayonetta sold that exact amount but in half the time. Looks like someone tried to troll platinum games but failed.

Bayonetta sold over 2million and wasn't nearly as high profile of a game as DmC
---
Armstrong for President
#19Voltes_VPosted 4/22/2013 2:26:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#20FireMage7777Posted 4/22/2013 2:29:00 PM
Voltes_V posted...
DmC is bad. Didn't we talk about this?

It flopped. fFfLllOopppppPeeedddd!!!!!

To like this game is a sin to the gaming community.

#demonswehaveflopped
---
I love my fans...too bad most of them aren't the good kind :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/