If I were in charge of this DmC reboot...

#1NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/22/2013 4:09:16 AM(edited)
I would've named the game "Angelic Rage.".....I suppose that doesn't make it a part of the DMC franchise any more, but that's what I would've named it. :P

And I would change DmC Dante's name to Kain and DmC Vergil's name to Creed. Kain's trigger would have been two black angel wings and his body glowing pure white. And would've wiped out red enemies with a single hit. The blue enemies would've been dealt massive damage.

And the plot of the game would've been for Kain and Creed to team up to save their father and mother from imprisonment. Mundus' name would've been Algolith and Lilith's name would've been Harlot. There would've been no sexual scenes or stuff like that, either.

In the middle of the game, Kain and Creed would've rescued their father. By doing so, the game player would now be able to play as DmC Sparda (who I would have named Grue. Eva's name would have been Fay). There would still be red and blue enemies, but they would've been damaged by any weapon just the same.

Kat's name would be Cheza and she would have been Kain and Creed's little sister. The graphics and the environment would've been a cross between Shadow of the Colossus and DMC 1.

And no, I'm not bashing or making fun of DmC or the characters. I'm just saying what I would've done if I had been in charge. My game probably wouldn't have been super awesome or anything, so I'd price it at about $35.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#2produnerPosted 4/22/2013 4:09:24 AM
I won't direct a reboot of something that doesn't need it.
#3NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 4:10:41 AM
produner posted...
I won't direct a reboot of something that doesn't need it.

I know. Once I read over my post, it's pretty much an independent game now...but it might have been fun.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#4Yuber255Posted 4/22/2013 6:44:34 AM
Change the name/character names and sell it as a low budget game PSN/Live/Steam game = problem solved. Name suggestions.

-The Divine Edge Part 1: Dante's Wubferno

-Color Match Simulator 2013

-Bloody Fanbase: A Cautionary Tale for Developers in Training (shown at game dev schools like a driver's training video complete with laid back narrator)

-Wubeth

-Heavenly Sword 2

-EDGE (best explains the game and its overall theme)

-Demon Might Cry (The Asylum style knockoff, pretty much what this is anyway)

-Dante Asesino de Demonios (hire that stereotypical Mexican mod guy and let him make it)
---
Son of the Legendary Troll Knight Shatter
#5produnerPosted 4/22/2013 7:05:08 AM
Yuber255 posted...
Change the name/character names and sell it as a low budget game PSN/Live/Steam game = problem solved. Name suggestions.

-The Divine Edge Part 1: Dante's Wubferno

-Color Match Simulator 2013

-Bloody Fanbase: A Cautionary Tale for Developers in Training (shown at game dev schools like a driver's training video complete with laid back narrator)

-Wubeth

-Heavenly Sword 2

-EDGE (best explains the game and its overall theme)

-Demon Might Cry (The Asylum style knockoff, pretty much what this is anyway)

-Dante Asesino de Demonios (hire that stereotypical Mexican mod guy and let him make it)
#6bigdom93Posted 4/22/2013 7:31:25 AM
personally I would have done it the same way they did with Scooby Doo Mystery Incorperated.
---
Trust no one, the minute god cr@pped out the third caveman, there was a conspiracy against one of them
#7RagueltheUFOPosted 4/22/2013 8:46:53 AM
I would have taken the dinosaur ending if I got a hold of the reboot. Its a great laugh and I wold have thrown UFOs in there too.
#8SilentS89Posted 4/22/2013 1:19:28 PM
Hands down DmC's biggest mistake is that they didn't include the Vorgeloceraptor.
#95hadowsPosted 4/22/2013 1:24:27 PM
Needed Uncle Dante riding the vorgeloceraptor trying to save the world from Octopumundus the martian octopus alien.

Too bad they NT like ninjas and not cowboys cause it woulda been awesome.
---
Ill add something here later....