thank god for the turbo mod

#11produnerPosted 4/26/2013 9:44:28 AM
Rukumouru posted...
produner posted...
Add a damage modifier for color coded enemies.

I'm afraid I have no idea how to do it right now, nor the time to learn (dat college). Perhaps OppressedWriter (creator of the original mod) knows how to.

If nobody figures it out until mid-june, I'll get on that.

You probably have to dig deeper in the codes and their framework.
#12RukumouruPosted 4/26/2013 10:12:10 AM
So far we've been digging inside the .upk files and changing the values of variables through hex editing. Hopefully that will be enough for damage modifiers, but I really have no idea. Since there aren't any enemies that take different damages for different weapons, and the only "multipliers" are character-wide (DT and Demon Dodge affect the entirety of Dante's moveset), I don't know if there's anything for weapon-based damage modifiers to be set on a per-enemy basis.
#13produnerPosted 4/26/2013 10:18:11 AM
Rukumouru posted...
So far we've been digging inside the .upk files and changing the values of variables through hex editing. Hopefully that will be enough for damage modifiers, but I really have no idea. Since there aren't any enemies that take different damages for different weapons, and the only "multipliers" are character-wide (DT and Demon Dodge affect the entirety of Dante's moveset), I don't know if there's anything for weapon-based damage modifiers to be set on a per-enemy basis.

If ( enemy= color coded )
Weapon damage= weapon damage* 0.25;

: b
#145hadowsPosted 4/26/2013 10:32:16 AM
Nt having to rely on gamers to fix up their s***, I assume they're trying to be the new Bethesda?
---
Ill add something here later....
#15RayconPosted 4/26/2013 10:37:27 AM
5hadows posted...
Nt having to rely on gamers to fix up their s***, I assume they're trying to be the new Bethesda?

Damn, I was going to make the Bethesda reference.

= (
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#165hadowsPosted 4/26/2013 10:49:59 AM
Raycon posted...
5hadows posted...

= (

Sorry I thought about posting it when the topic was created I didn't do it because I thought someone would beat me to it. It's been 4 days and I can't hold myself anymore.
---
Ill add something here later....
#17RukumouruPosted 4/26/2013 1:59:41 PM
produner posted...
If ( enemy= color coded )
Weapon damage= weapon damage* 0.25;

: b

If only...
#18lokithefoolPosted 4/26/2013 3:37:52 PM
maddawg223 posted...
Even running at 60fps the combat is still clunky looking, but the turbo mod makes this game A solid 7.

Need footage, or I call BS.
#19RayconPosted 4/26/2013 3:49:11 PM
5hadows posted...
Raycon posted...
5hadows posted...

= (

Sorry I thought about posting it when the topic was created I didn't do it because I thought someone would beat me to it. It's been 4 days and I can't hold myself anymore.

Aw, you won fair and square. I should have been quicker. = P
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#20RukumouruPosted 4/26/2013 6:47:50 PM
lokithefool posted...
maddawg223 posted...
Even running at 60fps the combat is still clunky looking, but the turbo mod makes this game A solid 7.

Need footage, or I call BS.

I'm not the best Devil May Cry player out there, but here goes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8QnMpqx8WA