You're a new member of the Order, fighting the good fight. Enumeratio duo!

#1GrrManPosted 4/22/2013 10:36:33 PM
----------

Enumeratio unum:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65264669

----------

In medias res:

Present day... present time. You are a member of the underground humanist freedom fighting movement, Ordinis- the Order, dedicated to defeating Mundus and overthrowing his wicked demonocracy. Recruited by none other than Vergil, son of Sparda himself, you have naturally proven your place within the ranks as a skilled combatant, your mortality notwithstanding.

Your first true mission was to capture and rehabilitate Alexander H. Bosch, a fellow Order member and combat branch unit. You failed to subdue him at his apartment, and were forced to use deadly means; little did you know that his sister had already undergone a transformation into a Homunculus. With the assistance of Dick B. Masterson, you were able to eliminate the possessed human and escape to headquarters.

Ready? Go.

----------

You take a long drag and blow a green ring of luminous, serpentine smoke. It glimmers and twists into itself like a spiral galaxy, spreading in nebulous, jellyfish-like fractals through the air of the dojo with no regard for the laws of physics. Man. You don't know what Chelsea put in these cigarettes, but... it ain't half bad. Ain't quarter bad.

Dick reaches a long arm over and pulls one out the case. "Holdin' out on me, bro? That's cold."

"Get your own."
"Didn't yo momma teach you that sharing it caring?" He leans over and lights his cig on the end of yours. He takes a long drag and lets the bizarre glowing steam float out of his nose like he's a cosmic hallucinated dragon.
"Oh, go to Hell."
"Save you a front row seat."
"How considerate."

(http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2776/4047713072_d052619ff0_o.jpg)

You two just lay there on the torn-up gravel of the dojo, smoking and staring into oblivion. One of the koi is swimming furiously around its little pond, trying to attack you. Ain't that something. Lil' attack koi. The little sharp rocks are poking into your back, but you don't care too much.

Your hand scrapes around the gravel and you find your phone. You try to read what time is is, but... you're pretty sure it isn't 64:46PM. Whatever. You just stretch out and relaaaaax.

"Hey."

Silence.

"Hey, Dick."
"Muh?"
"Why do you fight?"
"You asked, bro. You tryin' to reverse psychologize me?"
"No, dumbass. I mean, in a broad sense. Why fight for humanity? Against the demons? Against Mundus? Why'd you throw away your job, your home, your family, your life for... this?"

Dick's eyes are closed. Maybe he didn't hear y-
---
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Khalil Gibran
#2GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 10:36:55 PM
"What demon of cement and aluminum bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination?
Mundus! Solitude! Filth! Ugliness! Ashcans and unobtainable dollars! Children screaming under the stairways! Boys sobbing in armies! Old men weeping in the parks!
Mundus! Mundus! Nightmare of Mundus! Mundus the loveless! Mental Mundus! Mundus the heavy judger of men!
Mundus the incomprehensible prison! Mundus the crossbone soulless jailhouse and Congress of sorrows! Mundus whose buildings are judgment! Mundus the vast stone of war! Mundus the stunned governments!
Mundus whose mind is pure machinery! Mundus whose blood is running money! Mundus whose fingers are ten armies! Mundus whose breast is a cannibal dynamo! Mundus whose ear is a smoking tomb!
Mundus whose eyes are a thousand blind windows! Mundus whose skyscrapers stand in the long streets like endless Jehovahs! Mundus whose factories dream and croak in the fog! Mundus whose smokestacks and antennae crown the cities!
Mundus whose love is endless oil and stone! Mundus whose soul is electricity and banks! Mundus whose poverty is the specter of genius! Mundus whose fate is a cloud of sexless hydrogen! Mundus whose name is the Mind!
Mundus in whom I sit lonely! Mundus in whom I dream Angels! Crazy in Mundus! C***sucker in Mundus! Lacklove and manless in Mundus!
Mundus who entered my soul early! Mundus in whom I am a consciousness without a body! Mundus who frightened me out of my natural ecstasy! Mundus whom I abandon! Wake up in Mundus! Light streaming out of the sky!
Mundus! Mundus! Robot apartments! invisible suburbs! skeleton treasuries! blind capitals! demonic industries! spectral nations! invincible mad houses! granite c***s! monstrous bombs!
They broke their backs lifting Mundus to Heaven! Pavements, trees, radios, tons! lifting the city to Heaven which exists and is everywhere about us!
Visions! omens! hallucinations! miracles! ecstasies! gone down the American river!
Dreams! adorations! illuminations! religions! the whole boatload of sensitive bulls***!
Breakthroughs! over the river! flips and crucifixions! gone down the flood!
Highs! Epiphanies! Despairs! Ten years' animal screams and suicides!
Minds! New loves! Mad generation! down on the rocks of Time!
Real holy laughter in the river! They saw it all! the wild eyes! the holy yells!
They bade farewell! They jumped off the roof to solitude! waving! carrying flowers!
Down to the river!
into the street!"

You stare.

You just... stare.

Dick opens his eyes. They're glazed over.

"Uh... Dick? You okay?"

He chuckles, then snorts. "I'm so high, bro."

Yeah, you... kind of noticed.

-----

Well, trying to have a heart-to-heart with Dick didn't go so well. Then again, trying to have a serious conversation when you're tripping on magical occult cigarettes probably wasn't the best idea.

Whatever. You grab your jacket and gear and hit the showers. Thankfully, the dojo and the ordinary gym are close together. You put out your cigarette and stick it back in its case.

(http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4061/5124438269_142146a8aa_z.jpg)
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5slKNvD4huY)

Good. Now you won't smell like sweat and mystical space dust. You still get the feeling that the koi are watching you, though. Somewhere...
---
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Khalil Gibran
#3GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 10:37:40 PM
-----

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOw7VDj3-R4)

You take a few flights of stairs and a few long corridors to the server room. You punch in the keycode on the panel next to the door, and it slides open.

(http://farm1.staticflickr.com/148/376150003_c1db638e85_b.jpg)

You have to blink a few times before your vision adjusts as you step into the cold air. Vergil is always trying to cut corners by saving energy, and the server room is no exception. Hell, this room is in the coldest part of headquarters just so they didn't have to put in as many fans and liquid nitrogen cooling and all that nerd stuff.

(http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6178/6269109100_79d9eb1642_b.jpg)

And... here you are. You have to move out of the way of some other Order members who appear to be handling sensitive equipment, but you make it to your favorite monitor. You boot it up and log into the Internet.

Alright then, hacker on steroids. You're behind like seven proxies. What shall you do?

A. Check up on the camera feeds around the city. [Detail where: projects, financial district, etc.]
B. Wedge into the police scanners and take a listen.
C. Read up on the news on the Internet.
D. Take a listen to Bob Barbas' online stream. He's just doin' God's work!
E. Scour JesterChan for any useful leads.
F. Browse GameFAQs or waste time on Youtube. Whatever.
---
#4Orange00Posted 4/23/2013 4:25:15 AM
A, check out business district. This demonocracy is run by evil corporations and vile stock brokers, business district is bound to be like the center of all evil.
---
Devil May Cry: The Order --Devil May Cry reboot prequel choose your own adventure with RPG elements. Or something-- Join the resistance on a DmC-board near you!
#5Rasendori124Posted 4/23/2013 7:42:57 AM
A.
Check out the feeds for back alleys or the places where homeless people visit. You never notice when they go missing , theres bound to be some demonic abductions or demons eating people.
---
You will never forget this Devil's power. You are not worthy as my opponent.- Vergil
PSN-DevilNeverCry124. Go read the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King!
#6malicemizerfanPosted 4/23/2013 8:42:50 AM
what the hell? where did my post from yesterday go?

Vote for checking the news to see what happened with the last mission.
---
Ah, beef jerky. Manliest of all snack foods!
#7EE4UPosted 4/23/2013 10:23:53 AM
Well darn, and I was hoping my vote would win so I could finally have some character depth to immerse myself in what has so far been a shallow broken mirror of a protagonist who mostly does none of the things I would do in these situations. Oh well, perhaps some other vote then...

I vote C.
---
"Never give up, not till you wear the sky of the universe as your cape!"
-Atou A. Mahogany
#8malicemizerfanPosted 4/23/2013 12:51:47 PM
EE4U posted...
Well darn, and I was hoping my vote would win so I could finally have some character depth to immerse myself in what has so far been a shallow broken mirror of a protagonist who mostly does none of the things I would do in these situations. Oh well, perhaps some other vote then...

I vote C.

I was happy that one didn't win because having a backstory forced in would have ruined my immersion.
---
Ah, beef jerky. Manliest of all snack foods!
#9GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 1:32:03 PM
Get along, you two.
---
#10EE4UPosted 4/23/2013 2:59:23 PM
Yeah malicemizerfan, quit stating your views alongside my views and thereby exemplifying our status as individuals. ;-)

Say GrrMan, I notice that you often ask for more votes before you will start updating sometimes. How many votes does it take, at the least, before you will update and not demand more tributes (votes)?
---
"Never give up, not till you wear the sky of the universe as your cape!"
-Atou A. Mahogany