You're a new member of the Order, fighting the good fight. Enumeratio duo!

#31Tsuyoi3Posted 4/29/2013 5:21:19 PM
Ee4u has most of what I wanted so I vote same as him.
We'll decide better after we learn more.
---
Manliness transcends both space, and time.
#32GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 1:15:58 PM
So many votes. So good.
---
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Khalil Gibran
#33GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 5:25:38 PM
Anyone else, or is it showtime?
---
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Khalil Gibran
#34Ultrakill876xPosted 5/2/2013 3:47:31 PM
To be honest, ee4u has put up a vote that is agreeable with anyone else that tries voting, and they give up their vote for ee4u's. So yes, I do believe its showtime
---
"I absolve you of all of your sins, now get the **** out"<-----------Machete
Xbox live GT: King Kickass99
#35GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 4:20:32 PM
You rub your chin thoughtfully. Well, you hope it looks thoughtful, 'cause you're mostly anxious as all hell.

You take a few steps forward and take a closer look at one of Vergil's laptops. You know, the MID-31 molecule is a double helix... actually, now that you think about it, it looks a whole lot like human DNA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaRwdzA0XLk

"You said Mundus is using agents inside Obscura. So they aren't on good terms?"

Vergil shakes his head. "For a long time, La Obscura had clandestine control of many members of government bodies, all around the globe. Once Mundus emerged and exerted his influence, this lessened theirs- and so the rivalry began. Tanaka has refused every olive branch Mundus has ever offered; I suppose he knew they were truly hemlock instead."

"And how could a gang of humans stand up to Mundus?"

Vergil inclines his head towards Kat. "Mr. Tanaka employs a great many number of mediums. Part of what makes them so formidable from a criminal standpoint is that they use spiritual means to intimidate, corrupt, or commit extrajudicial killings."

"We call those 'murders'," Chelsea says dryly.

"And we know that Mundus hasn't already controlled Tanaka how?"

"Because we wouldn't be talking about this," Kat points out, "as we would all be arrested or worse. And the Obscura have upset a lot of Mundus' plans around the world, and still are. It doesn't make sense for them to be on the same side. I mean, just a few months ago, the Obscura blew up a nuclear power plant in China- one that Mundus' companies helped fund."

"You sure know a lot about these guys," you observe.

Kat gives another one of her one-shouldered shrugs. "Mediums tend to... know what each other are doing."

That's not... exactly reassuring.

"Okay, so let's say we make this trade. Then what? How do we know that MID isn't rigged to explode or leak or whatever? Or is bugged? Or possessed?"

"Kat can analyze the package remotely," Vergil says. "As long as your sigil doesn't react negatively, you should be fine until you bring it to a safehouse for further inspection."

"And if it doesn't? I don't think this'll just end in a little cancer."
---
#36GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 4:20:42 PM
Vergil frowns. Chelsea interjects: "if you get it on you... or breath it in... well, the amount they're giving to us would pretty much melt your nervous system."

"No antidote?"

"Nope. You'll be too damn braindead for a demon to possess, at least."

"Which is why you will be wearing a hazardous materials suit underneath your usual attire," Vergil says. "And be provided with a gas mask, of course."

You sigh and scratch at the back of your neck. "And St. Agrias'? Really?"

"Mr. Tanaka enjoys... dramatic scenes," Vergil slowly replies, at a loss for words.

Kat pats you on the elbow. "It's okay. I'll drive you there. The rest of the mediums and me will be scanning the place as you go in. You'll be okay."

"And besides, it's too dangerous to go alone!" interrupts Dick, punching you in the arm playfully (which still hurts like f***, because it's Dick). "So, take me."

That's... not exactly reassuring, either.

"Vergil..."

He tilts his head to the side. "Go on."

"You're really alright with this? It's one thing to be a revolutionary. To be a terrorist is something else entirely. I mean- it's like Che Guevara said, without the support of the people, you have nothing to fight for. And the city isn't going to root for child-soldier-grooming terrorists and suicide bombers and genocidal child-killers."

Vergil gives you a long, hard look. You forget, sometimes, that he's not human. Because he talks normally and moves normally- around you, at least. But in his eyes- there's something strange there. Like they can see through not just you, but time, and space, and reality as you know it.

"It was you," he intones quietly, " who said to do whatever was necessary."

"Suvorov said that, actually," you rebut. But Vergil was right... when he was recruiting you, that was the first thing you said to him. That humans inherently good, they're not God's favorite creations. They're just animals. And some animals need to be put down.

Okay. What'll it be, soldier?

A. Accept the conditions. This is what you signed up for, right?
B. Decline. This mission is idiotic.
C. Continue to ask questions. [Detail which ones!]
D. Say you need time to think about it.
---
#37malicemizerfanPosted 5/3/2013 5:25:39 PM
A. and get that gas mask now.
---
Ah, beef jerky. Manliest of all snack foods!
#38busyjonPosted 5/3/2013 7:11:33 PM
Time to get packing, going with A since there is a whole task force behind this it must be important :)
#39EE4UPosted 5/3/2013 11:32:54 PM(edited)
Hmmm... Not bad, but my last question in my vote never came up, so abstaining from voting for now. The part I'm referring to by the way is:

"Has anyone here had any dealings with La Obscura before? If so what can you tell me about their operation standards? Put bluntly, can we go in trusting them on this exchange or should we go in expecting either a betrayal or a sudden demand for more money?"

If nothing else at the very least Kat would have some insight thanks to "mediums tending to know what each other are doing" so its not something I'm willing to just let slip by. Yeah they are antagonistic to Mundus, but who would blindly use that to assume that that would automatically make their dealings friendly with everyone else?
---
"Never give up, not till you wear the sky of the universe as your cape!"
-Atou A. Mahogany
#40Rasendori124Posted 5/3/2013 11:34:09 PM
A. Lets get ready first though, dont wanna go without suiting up first.
---
You will never forget this Devil's power. You are not worthy as my opponent.- Vergil
PSN-DevilNeverCry124. Go read the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King!