1,15 mil isn't sales.

#31SiLVeR_420Posted 4/23/2013 4:44:48 PM
Rezzman posted...
Yuber255 posted...
Capcom Logic: F*** market research Capcom best company there is so Street Fight V will sell 1000 million copies on release day.

*SFV sells 8 million copies*

Capcom Logic: SFV failed to meet our expectation!? Ok then the obvious answer is to hire a superior western company like Cauldron HQ surely they can make a fresh edgier Street Fighter that appeals to a wider audience of 2000 billion right?

I still feel bad for Lost Planet fans, as there is no way in hell Lost Planet 3 is going to be any good with Spark Unlimited as the developer.

LP...I.loved the first two...under Spark....I don't even care enough to try it.

Probably will though...when its down at $5 like Legendary was.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#32UtaNapishtiPosted 4/23/2013 6:55:23 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
One things for sure. Love or hate the game its still a game no one wanted. The old fans were clearly unhappy since day 1 and Capcom didnt really push for advertisements so in the end it failed to draw in new comers. I have a small feeling if they kept classic Dante and if Tameem did better PR job (yknow NOT insult the fans) the game would have sold MUCH better. Game quality would be about the same though.

I'd say sticking him in Playstation All-Stars was a pretty big advertisement in itself. I guess they were counting on people actually liking that game.
#33SSJ_JinPosted 4/23/2013 8:13:09 PM
I thought LP3 was on hold because Capcom doesn't want to outsource anymore so they're seeing what to do with it?

Also, let's not forget them wanting I think 7 million for RE6 at first.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#34ZeroX91Posted 4/23/2013 8:18:08 PM
I'd say sticking him in Playstation All-Stars was a pretty big advertisement in itself. I guess they were counting on people actually liking that game.

.....It's actually a fun game if you have four people playing. Just puttin' it out there.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429N9zGDugc
#35CLupulaPosted 4/23/2013 10:07:54 PM
UtaNapishti posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
One things for sure. Love or hate the game its still a game no one wanted. The old fans were clearly unhappy since day 1 and Capcom didnt really push for advertisements so in the end it failed to draw in new comers. I have a small feeling if they kept classic Dante and if Tameem did better PR job (yknow NOT insult the fans) the game would have sold MUCH better. Game quality would be about the same though.

Believe it or not, I know a couple people who hate DINO so much that they didn't buy All-Stars, just because he was in it.
#36Squishy5Posted 4/23/2013 10:11:44 PM
Xtreme65 posted...

The old fans were unhappy even before the game was actually revealed. Take a look at the neogaf thread where it was just RUMORED that Ninja Theory was working on the game. This is 5 months before the TGS 2010 trailer ever came out.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392697
#37StepswordsmanPosted 4/24/2013 12:13:08 AM
Hmm. So, some people thought that a studio that has only made 3 games in total (that's if you count that kung-fu game no one heard of or played), every one of which was a failure, and has proved that they are completely inept at action genres, won't be able to do justice to the legendary DMC series, or even make an enjoyable game for that matter, even before any details were released? Talk about entitled gamers being judgmental.
---
Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing.
#38SiLVeR_420Posted 4/24/2013 12:17:33 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
I thought LP3 was on hold because Capcom doesn't want to outsource anymore so they're seeing what to do with it?

Also, let's not forget them wanting I think 7 million for RE6 at first.

It got delayed a month. That's it.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#39syctheweilderPosted 4/24/2013 12:20:49 AM
Stepswordsman posted...
Hmm. So, some people thought that a studio that has only made 3 games in total (that's if you count that kung-fu game no one heard of or played), every one of which was a failure, and has proved that they are completely inept at action genres, won't be able to do justice to the legendary DMC series, or even make an enjoyable game for that matter, even before any details were released?

Aside from each one of their previous games being subpar, yes, no details released.

Course, then the demo dropped and they got to say "i told you so".
#40_Uwye_Posted 4/24/2013 7:59:11 AM
cyanide_suicide posted...
I'm not sure I buy this one. Capcom has said they were surprised at how strongly DD sold for a new IP, and planned on making it a regular series based on it's stronger-than-expected sales

prince_nagash posted...
The forecast for Dogma was 1 million I believe. It was never revised, it was never dropped from 10 million.

They were just trying to spin the sales in a positive light. Capcom was expecting 1.5 sales by the end of the last fiscal year and instead stopped at 1.3 millions. For a game as expensive as DD (second more expensive Capcom project ever) it's a failure. There's no way they seriously think that those numbers are good enough. Dishonored (a new IP that certainly was much cheaper to produce) left DD in the dust in terms of sales.