1,15 mil isn't sales.

#41Malus_X6Posted 4/24/2013 9:13:24 PM
UtaNapishti posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
One things for sure. Love or hate the game its still a game no one wanted. The old fans were clearly unhappy since day 1 and Capcom didnt really push for advertisements so in the end it failed to draw in new comers. I have a small feeling if they kept classic Dante and if Tameem did better PR job (yknow NOT insult the fans) the game would have sold MUCH better. Game quality would be about the same though.

I'd say sticking him in Playstation All-Stars was a pretty big advertisement in itself. I guess they were counting on people actually liking that game.

Believe it or not, I know a couple people who hate DINO so much that they didn't buy All-Stars, just because he was in it.

It's also funny as hell that there's absolutely no DINO or DmC related DLC for it. That's gotta tell ya something.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#42RagueltheUFOPosted 4/24/2013 9:29:11 PM
Playstation All Stars was crap though. Either you try to copy Smash Brothers or don't and it failed to do both.

Besides there weren't that many interesting characters on that list that were recognizable. Only the most hardcore Sony fans would know who they were. Everyone else would just turn their head and be "Huh? Whose that?"

Plus it's called ALL STAR for a reason yet they didn't put Dante in the game.

They should have tried to get Spyro or someone from Final Fantasy if they really wanted to throw all their Sony characters into one crappy game.
#43SpecterVonBarenPosted 4/24/2013 9:40:43 PM
RagueltheUFO posted...
Playstation All Stars was crap though. Either you try to copy Smash Brothers or don't and it failed to do both.

Besides there weren't that many interesting characters on that list that were recognizable. Only the most hardcore Sony fans would know who they were. Everyone else would just turn their head and be "Huh? Whose that?"

Plus it's called ALL STAR for a reason yet they didn't put Dante in the game.

They should have tried to get Spyro or someone from Final Fantasy if they really wanted to throw all their Sony characters into one crappy game.

Yeah, the problem with All-Stars is that it's like this...

Super Smash Bros. is like pitting famous historical figures against each other in a death match. You've known about them for a long time or at least vaguely heard of them enough to recognize them and their names are well known.

All Stars is like having all of the famous people in the current media in a death match.
---
George Carlin~ Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
My Father~ Failure is ALWAYS an option... but giving up is not.
#44ZeroX91Posted 4/24/2013 9:45:24 PM
Pretty sure you dont need to be hardcore to recognize Nathan Drake, Kratos, Raiden, Jak, Big Daddy, or Sackboy
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429N9zGDugc
#45SilentS89Posted 4/24/2013 9:45:24 PM
CLupula posted...
UtaNapishti posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
One things for sure. Love or hate the game its still a game no one wanted. The old fans were clearly unhappy since day 1 and Capcom didnt really push for advertisements so in the end it failed to draw in new comers. I have a small feeling if they kept classic Dante and if Tameem did better PR job (yknow NOT insult the fans) the game would have sold MUCH better. Game quality would be about the same though.

I'd say sticking him in Playstation All-Stars was a pretty big advertisement in itself. I guess they were counting on people actually liking that game.

Believe it or not, I know a couple people who hate DINO so much that they didn't buy All-Stars, just because he was in it.

I am one of those people, completely dismissed the game once he got in.