How old is your average DMC/DmC player?

#71pariah23Posted 4/23/2013 6:21:21 PM

DMC: Good gameplay, terrible everything else. Unplayable today due to advances made in the genre by games like Bayonetta.
DmC: Very different style of gameplay but fun in its own way. Characters and writing average at best, but still far superior to the older games.
#72ZeroX91Posted 4/23/2013 6:22:55 PM
DMC:Fun and challenging
DmC:Boring and easy

...also this topic made me realize I've wasted a year of my life here...T_T
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJuLGBjjf6g
#73vanguard29Posted 4/23/2013 6:25:04 PM

Just bought HD collection and 4. just started 4 after beating 1. like them a lot so far

DmC: lololol i aint touching that.
---
http://tinyurl.com/temvolume1 - My book of poetry
The Eloquent Misanthropy, Volume 1 (availible on Amazon) It's good stuff. You should read it.
#74sarris98Posted 4/23/2013 6:34:01 PM
SandOnMyBoot posted...

DMC: A highly respectable series that basically established and perfected 3D hack n slash games as we know it. Played them all on release. Disliked 2, especially after all the reviewers praised it up to release. Loved 1, 4, and especially 3.

DmC: An odd chapter in video games. Everything was executed wrong from the marketing, to the design, to the very idea of it. While each DMC took 1 step forward, DmC took 4.5 steps back. I really don't understand the logic behind these decisions. It was inferior to the other games in literally every category. Even not comparing it to the other DMC games, DmC is a below-average hack n slash with questionable game design and a poor, self-indulgent story that would have been overlooked and forgotten if not for the controversy.

This whole quote sounds so eerily familiar...Alarmhat is that you,good sir?
---
Look!A signature!*Runs away!*
<<Karma's a b****!>>Especially true on Gamefaqs! XD
#75syctheweilderPosted 4/23/2013 6:40:23 PM
24. Learned about Devil May Cry through the reboot controversy. Played the entire series in reverse.

DmC reeks of wasted potential and overinflated hype. No lock on in a hack n slash is a moronic decision, and the close camera only compounds the design flaw. Most disappointing enemies bosses iv'e fought in a long time. Total cakewalk from beginning to end.
Travis Touchdown doesn't work played straight.

Devil May Cry 4 reeks of even greater potential though at least in the most important aspect that potential was realized; probably the most satisfying combat in any game I've ever played. Found Nero a bit sluggish but loved the Devil Bringer. Found Dante completely overwhelming but a joy to play as. Still get a lot of replay out of this because of it, though if the enemies weren't up to snuff as they are it would be pretty dull. I just wish there were more than a few samey linear areas to trek through.
Reuben Langdon is to Dante as David Hayter is to Solid Snake.

Devil May Cry 3 feels more complete and better paced than the others. Great atmosphere and more manageable Dante. upper tier Enemies are much more formidable, the bosses are fantastic and always keep me on my toes. the overindulgent action scenes are amusing, if a bit long. Vergil plays closer to my preference, which is a bit of a shame as i prefer Dante as a character.
I want to play as Lady.

Devil May Cry 2 is the worst action game i have ever played.

Devil May Cry is the 3D Castlevania I have always wanted. I've never seen a game do so much with so little. I find myself thinking more actively than It just goes to show you what strong fundamentals and a game design guru can produce.
Hideki Kamiya filled my dark soul with light.
#76RagueltheUFOPosted 4/23/2013 6:49:52 PM

DMC: A great series. The best part are the ladies with the bouncies. :D

DmC: (._.) ~ |______|
#77SandOnMyBootPosted 4/23/2013 6:55:43 PM(edited)
sarris98 posted...
SandOnMyBoot posted...

DMC: A highly respectable series that basically established and perfected 3D hack n slash games as we know it. Played them all on release. Disliked 2, especially after all the reviewers praised it up to release. Loved 1, 4, and especially 3.

DmC: An odd chapter in video games. Everything was executed wrong from the marketing, to the design, to the very idea of it. While each DMC took 1 step forward, DmC took 4.5 steps back. I really don't understand the logic behind these decisions. It was inferior to the other games in literally every category. Even not comparing it to the other DMC games, DmC is a below-average hack n slash with questionable game design and a poor, self-indulgent story that would have been overlooked and forgotten if not for the controversy.

This whole quote sounds so eerily familiar...Alarmhat is that you,good sir?

No. Just a fan who agreed with his opinion.

I normally would've worded it a bit differently, but Alarmhat uploaded a new video today and afterwards I ended up rewatching his DmC video so his language kinda got stuck in my head.
#78MrSaturn33Posted 4/23/2013 6:57:27 PM

Devil May Cry: One of my all-time favorite games. Despite its flaws, this is seriously one of the greatest games I have ever played.

Devil May Cry 2: Not even close to being as quality as the first one, in fact on its own merits it's a pretty mediocre game, but it's just damn fun to play.

Devil May Cry 3: Completely opposite to the second one, 3 may be a better game than 1 but I personally still far prefer the first game. The combat has been expanded and is more refined, there's probably far more replay value, but a lot of spirit and atmosphere feels lost in translation. It's still one of the finest games of all time, of course.

Devil May Cry 4: I have to say, this was a pretty stupid game for a myriad of reasons, but it's certainly a lot better than 2, but like it, I found it extremely enjoyable to play.

DmC: It's kind of hard to know where to begin, but, like 2 and 4, while I understand people's complaints and comparisons to 1 and 3 I still found it to be a thoroughly enjoyable game to play and enjoyed it far more than 2 and 4 on both gameplay and artistic values. There was clearly a lot of work and passion that went into this game and I think that far surpasses the occasionally stupid design philosophy that also comprised it.
#795hadows(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 7:47:41 PM
I had no idea there were so many people lurking around here, I guess people here do keep this board entertaining after all.
---
Ill add something here later....
#80dillpickle69Posted 4/23/2013 7:56:24 PM

DMC: Probably my favorite series

DmC: Abomination that should never replace the original series. I hate it very much, but a giant amount of that hate will dissolve if there is confirmation that this series will not affect the release of the original. Though as of this post, my hate is rampant.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61