Your reaction: New mainline DMC game and it's Wii-U exclusive

#31syctheweilderPosted 4/23/2013 7:49:10 PM
RagueltheUFO posted...
syctheweilder posted...
RagueltheUFO posted...
syctheweilder posted...
Dude tales of symphonia came out like ten years ago

I mean i love that game and all but bamco hasn't put a tales game on nintendo hardware since.

Unless you count the DS games that they refuse to localize for no reason.

Tales of Symphonia 2 came out in 2008. Lloyd is in this game.

i have no idea what you're talking about. The only sequel to Tales of Symphonia is Tales of Phantasia.

...I see what you did there.

But Tales of Symphonia 2 is in the same situation as DMC4. You know the budget was cut for this game too right?

Forgive me for not seeing the brighter side of playing through a game set in the universe of a beloved title as two insert sues with fundamentally broken mechanics and an abysmal story.
#32ZeroX91Posted 4/23/2013 8:34:46 PM(edited)
Hhheeyyyyy!!! This is a hhhaaaapppyyyy place, calm down you two. I don't want to have to get my belt.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429N9zGDugc
#33CLupulaPosted 4/23/2013 10:10:47 PM
It'd be just another of many stupid moves Capcom has done over the years. It'd probably be as successful as their plan to make their games exclusive to the Gamecube a few years back.

Meaning, they'd be right back to Playstation in a few years, just poorer for the Nintendo experiment.
#34KyryloPosted 4/23/2013 10:31:16 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
Instant buy for the Wii-U
#35NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/23/2013 11:32:15 PM
IAmMC2 posted...
Also to promote it, Dante appears in Smash U.

I don't think it would be a very good idea to put DMC on the Wii-U. It's a high paced action game that really does require a traditional controller in your hand. And I don't think people will spend money to buy another console just to play one game they want.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#36dsar901Posted 4/24/2013 4:43:39 AM
It would be as successful as the Gamecube exclusive resident Evil games were. It will sell a fraction of the previous series and Capcom will have to make it a shooting game
#37Ether101Posted 4/24/2013 7:16:48 AM
syctheweilder posted...
RagueltheUFO posted...
syctheweilder posted...
RagueltheUFO posted...
syctheweilder posted...

I mean i love that game and all but bamco hasn't put a tales game on nintendo hardware since.

i have no idea what you're talking about. The only sequel to Tales of Symphonia is Tales of Phantasia.

But Tales of Symphonia 2 is in the same situation as DMC4. You know the budget was cut for this game too right?

Forgive me for not seeing the brighter side of playing through a game set in the universe of a beloved title as two insert sues with fundamentally broken mechanics and an abysmal story.

You talk like you don't know that Symphonia is a prequel in the first place.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#38RagueltheUFOPosted 4/24/2013 9:11:31 AM
syctheweilder posted...
RagueltheUFO posted...
syctheweilder posted...
RagueltheUFO posted...
syctheweilder posted...

The game is not broken and we both know this. Broken is 06 and DmC. The battle system was very smooth and upgraded from Tales of Vesperia. Now the options are limited but if you're a good player, you can easily use the old cast.

And Emil and Marta aren't Mary Sues. A Mary Sue is defined as a flawless person and Emil and Marta are disliked because of their flaws. Of course Emil being hated isn't fair given how this game came out after Tales of Vesperia. Do you think anyone will beat Yuuri in terms of sheer badass? Asbel and Jude don't even come close (and people don't like Jude either from what I've seen online).
#39syctheweilderPosted 4/24/2013 4:43:20 PM
Ether101 posted...

You talk like you don't know that Symphonia is a prequel in the first place.

After i just said that phantasia(the first game in the series) is a sequel to it?

It goes without saying.