Finally Platinumed the ENTIRE series. (Spoilers probably)

#1Xtreme65Posted 4/23/2013 3:42:46 PM
Even though DMC4 didn't have trophy's it had something similar within the game.

Having played the series to great depth I still think the hatred of the gameplay is overblown. Though I do now understand better the hatred of the new characterization of Dante, even though with the exception of DMC3 to DMC4 each Dante felt different from each other.

DMC1 Dante was overconfident but not nearly as over the top. In away he is the most similar to DmC Dante but he had much more class about him and therefore was a much more likable character.

DMC2 Dante was boring as hell and barely spoke a word. I honestly found DmC Dante more likable than this guy. Maybe its just me but I rather have a bad character than DMC2's lack of one. But than again I've always hated silent protagonists to begin with (like Link.)

DMC3 Dante was the most over the top and the most entertaining. His personality kinda reminded me of the Ninja Turtles and thats not a bad thing. This Dante kinda shares the forced character development of DmC Dante though I feel. First he doesn't give a crap than some girl comes in with her problems and all of sudden he feels bad for her and becomes a hero. At least this Dante was fun to watch though.

DMC4 Dante was pretty much a more mature version of DMC3 Dante. This was the only time in the series did I feel the character was the same as a previous incarnation as DMC1 and 2 Dante feel very different from DMC3 and DMC4 Dante and its not just the voice actor either its also in the mannerisms and the way the character's lines were written. This Dante is probably my favorite.

DmC Dante taunted his enemies like DMC1 Dante but was just to vulgar with them. I don't mind curse words but the dialogue was just boring compared to previous versions of Dante. The curse words were the only things that stood out. I will say this character felt more realistic but thats not why we love Dante. We love Dante because he is UNREALISTIC. No one in real life would taunt there enemies the way old Dante does but you know what? Dante makes us laugh and his over the top shenanigans is what sets him apart from other video game characters. DmC Dante just isn't as fun to watch and is just generally a bore and doesn't stand out like old Dante does.

So yeah I get it new Dante sucks. But I'm still slightly confused about the gameplay.

Before I go on though I do acknowledge that the game is way to easy. I myself don't view this as a bad thing but I don't think its necessarily good either. For me it is what it is. I do understand though why some would hate this.

I actually don't find DMC1 very comparable to the series as the combo potential in that game is actually very poor and is actually more about recognizing enemy patterns and tactics. And DMC2 is just the worst HnS game ever concieved and is actually even EASIER than DmC. Any who say DMC2 is better is just downright delusional and should seek help.

DMC3 has more weapons and the styles give access to more moves, but you can only have 4 weapons out at once and a style limits you to one style of play. If you pick gunslinger for example you don't get swordmaster's air combos. In DmC you have 8 weapons at once and elements from each style already in play. The only real one that is lacking is royal guard.

DMC4 has two characters (so does DMC2, DMC3SE and DmC I guess but this one is the only one that forces you to play each one in one playthrough.) DmC combines elements from both characters. The many weapons of Dante and Nero's grappling. The only things lacking is Dante's Royal Guard moves and Nero's Rev. Honestly I got bored of Nero due to his lack of weaponry and his combo potential is very piss poor in comparison to Dante. Hell even Vergil from DMC3SE and DmC has more combo potential than Nero does.

The lack of lock on I have gotten used to but its still annoying when flying enemies show up, (continued)
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#25hadowsPosted 4/23/2013 3:52:31 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
DmC combines elements from both characters. The many weapons of Dante and Nero's grappling. The only things lacking is Dante's Royal Guard moves and Nero's Rev. Honestly I got bored of Nero due to his lack of weaponry and his combo potential is very piss poor in comparison to Dante. Hell even Vergil from DMC3SE and DmC has more combo potential than Nero does.

The lack of lock on I have gotten used to but its still annoying when flying enemies show up, (continued)

Ar u ferrrr realzzz?
---
Ill add something here later....
#3SBK91Posted 4/23/2013 3:56:56 PM
>Platinumed
>not SBing/SSing DMD

Color me unimpressed.

>story concerns

The story was bad/nonexistant in the originals, but no one cared because they weren't the big attraction. DmC's story somehow manages to be worse and was a large focus.

I actually don't find DMC1...is actually more about recognizing enemy patterns and tactics.

Which are still some of the best in the genre today.

DMC3 has more weapons and the styles give access to more moves, but you can only have 4 weapons out at once and a style limits you to one style of play.

So instead of being mediocre at everything DMC3 lets you specialize. Neat.

If you pick gunslinger for example you don't get swordmaster's air combos.

But you do get much better gun attacks than anything in DmC.

In DmC you have 8 weapons at once

With less individual attacks (Arbiter and Eryx are really lacking) and very similiar animations.

elements from each style already in play.

But not the whole Style. Not even close.

The only real one that is lacking is royal guard.

And a proper Quicksilver. Or a Doppelganger for Dante. And Air Trick, Wall Running, Swordmaster/Gunslinger Crazy Combos, etc. Much has been lost.

The many weapons of Dante

Toned down.

Nero's grappling

Without actual grabs.

The only things lacking is Dante's Royal Guard moves

And Flipper, Mustang, multiple Gunslinger attacks per gun, Distortion, Dance Macabre, Real Impact, etc.

Honestly I got bored of Nero due to his lack of weaponry and his combo potential is very piss poor in comparison to Dante. Hell even Vergil from DMC3SE and DmC has more combo potential than Nero does.

Agreed. Nero's awful.
#4Xtreme65(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 4:01:15 PM
But a lack of lock on was also annoying because now you have to double tap the joy stick in order to do stinger. Why? It was so much easier to do it the other way. Why change it? Stinger is one of the most used moves in Dante's arsenal so yeah this is a HUGE deal.

Didn't really have a problem with the weapon switching controls but than again I have played HS before so I was already used to it. But honestly I do not see a better way to do it and still have access to all the weapons. DMC3's worked because well there was only two of each weapon to switch between. In DMC4 you sometimes had to hit it twice in order to do the combo you wanted and honestly I wasn't really a fan of that. DmC's feels much smoother than that.

Now something we can all universaly agree on. The DT. Now I DO like the Bangle of Time and Quicksilver but for some reason DmC's DT has to throw the enemies up into the air unnecessarily. If it wasn't for Aquila's ability to bring all the enemies in , it would have been very hard to combo. Whoever thought this was clever needs to be fired. Having said that though I still prefer the old DT of DMC4 over everything else. It was cool to transform into a demon have have exceptionally more powerful moves and some of their functions changed altogether. Slowing down time IS useful, just not as interesting. Ultimately the DT is flawed in DmC.

So IMO

DmC>DMC1 because it has more weapons and combo potential

DmC>DMC2 because of well......almost everything except DT.

DmC=DMC3 because while DMC3 has more weapons and a better DT I like how I can use everything in DmC at once.

DmC=DMC4 because I hate playing as Nero for most of the game but DMC4 Dante with style switching and having access to all his weapons almost blow DmC Dante out of the water. I say almost because I do like having the grapple hook as DmC Dante.

Just my 2 cents though.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#5RetsuxDPosted 4/23/2013 4:08:26 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
DmC>DMC1

And I kept reading all these walls of text that lacked any sort of proof reading for this?
#6qlaxmicmizzel38Posted 4/23/2013 4:51:22 PM
Lol you guys are seriously embarrassing yourselves arguing with this guy. Every time you try to make a point you're just grasping at straws and you keep trying to correct his opinions.

Did all of the smart antis get bored and finally leave? Lol, as if there were any to begin with
---
We stopped looking for monsters under our beds when we realized they are inside of us.
#7DuuuDe14Posted 4/23/2013 4:58:54 PM
I pity you TC
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#8FireMage7777Posted 4/23/2013 5:19:21 PM
qlaxmicmizzel38 posted...
Lol you guys are seriously embarrassing yourselves arguing with this guy. Every time you try to make a point you're just grasping at straws and you keep trying to correct his opinions.

Did all of the smart antis get bored and finally leave? Lol, as if there were any to begin with

His opinions are bad
---
I love my fans...too bad most of them aren't the good kind :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#9qlaxmicmizzel38Posted 4/23/2013 5:20:25 PM
FireMage7777 posted...

His opinions are bad

Well that's your opinion. In my opinion your opinion is bad
---
We stopped looking for monsters under our beds when we realized they are inside of us.
#10RetsuxDPosted 4/23/2013 5:39:51 PM

I stopped written long-ass posts regarding DMC1 vs DmC when I realized no one read them, or mods deleted them because I accidentally quoted someone who miscensored a word.

We're pretty worn out at this point-