Finally Platinumed the ENTIRE series. (Spoilers probably)

#21RetsuxDPosted 4/24/2013 4:09:25 AM
Xtreme65 posted...
DmC had decent exploration. You would know that if you tried to find all the lost souls and keys to secret rooms. Is it better than past games? Well DMC1 had the best exploration IMO but its not by much. The enemies aren't to terribly bad, I find them to be a bit better than DMC3's glorified punching bags. Bosses are pretty bad though

I am now entering the realm of "wat"
#22FireMage7777Posted 4/24/2013 4:12:43 AM
Xtreme65 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
qlaxmicmizzel38 posted...
Lol you guys are seriously embarrassing yourselves arguing with this guy. Every time you try to make a point you're just grasping at straws and you keep trying to correct his opinions.

Did all of the smart antis get bored and finally leave? Lol, as if there were any to begin with

His opinions are bad

How are they bad? Most of my reasoning cannot be dismissed.

DmC has more combat options than DMC1 FACT

DmC has ALOT more combat options than DMC2 FACT

DMC3 has more moves in total but you have access only to so many at a time. You have access to more moves in DmC all at one time. (might be a fact I dunno I would have to count them. Still theres more weapons to switch between.)

DmC Dante has more combat options than Nero which you play as for over half the playthrough of DMC4. FACT

I prefer playing as DMC4 Dante over any character in the series. When I get in the mood for Bloody Palace I play DMC4 as Dante. But DmC did do somethings right and the anti's are to stubborn to admit it. I don't consider myself pro or anti. I just like to give credit where its due, and the truth is I didn't find DmC to be that bad. I understand why other think so. It's just that some of the games shortcomings don't bother me as much as the others.

Gotten used to not having a lock on.
Easy games don't bother me.
Arbiter and Eryx may lack moves but I still find uses for them
Lackluster story cutscenes can be skipped (hell DMC never had a good story to begin with)
Aquila fixes DT problem (I actually like Quicksilver and Bangle of time)
30fps just doesn't bother me considering I play alot of 30fps games.
Color coded enemies simply do not bother me. I actually find them to be okay

I find the combat very enjoyable. More than most HnS games, and I think i have very good reasons for thinking as such. So get off your high horse and stop thinking people are wrong for liking this game.

Yeah but DMC1 combat doesn't suck

At least DMC2 has some polish

Yeah no, Donte lacking style moves means DMC3 has more options at any time

Actually no, Nero has a multitude of option over Donte, Exceed much?

DmC did nothing right, it is an embarrass to existence

The fact none of that bothers you is troubling. Any more?
---
I love my fans...too bad most of them aren't the good kind :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#23KyryloPosted 4/24/2013 6:15:19 AM
Xtreme65 posted...

DmC had decent exploration. You would know that if you tried to find all the lost souls and keys to secret rooms. Is it better than past games? Well DMC1 had the best exploration IMO but its not by much. The enemies aren't to terribly bad, I find them to be a bit better than DMC3's glorified punching bags. Bosses are pretty bad though, don't know if I'd call them the worst as DMC2 had some pretty bad ones. (Infested Helicopter being the worst.)

sorry. but at least in DMC3 they weren't staying for minute or 2 shining like new year three communicating attack. It was one of the most atrocious features in DmC in my opinion. I agree about bad bosses in DMC2 but it had few cool as well. Such as Nefasturis and Despair. DmC had only one and even than it was to buggy and cinematic. Enemy AI was highest in DMC1. With that i think it deserves many credit points. Even simple marionettes are one of the best generic enemies in all HnS games. As for exploration levels in DmC build as narrow corridors leading from one wave of enemies to the other with stuff hidden in between connected by unneeded dull platforming.
#24SBK91Posted 4/24/2013 7:04:03 AM

DMC1's combat options are better and better integrated than DmC's. DmC's enemies and bosses are complete trash in comparison. Bob, Mundus spawn and Mundus are absolutely atrocious.

DMC3 has more moves in total but you have access only to so many at a time.

Which are better than DmC's, and you have almost as many options as DmC with any given layout. Without Demon Dodge and DT, what does DmC offer in terms of efficient fighting? Regular combo strings. No uber damage JC attacks, Crazy Combos, DTE, Spiral/KA lockdown, etc. Terrible.

You have access to more moves in DmC all at one time.

And how many of those are useful at any given point?

But DmC did do somethings right and the anti's are to stubborn to admit it.

Such as?

Gotten used to not having a lock on.

Which is still a step backwards from the old games.

Easy games don't bother me.
Arbiter and Eryx may lack moves but I still find uses for them

So we should settle for mediocrity and not hold it to the series standards?

Color coded enemies simply do not bother me.

They arbitrarily limit your options. Action games are about options, especially the combo heavy DMC.
#25AkanesasusoraPosted 4/24/2013 9:32:54 AM
Xtreme65
How are they bad? Most of my reasoning cannot be dismissed.

DmC has ALOT more combat options than DMC2 FACT

DMC3 has more moves in total but you have access only to so many at a time. You have access to more moves in DmC all at one time. (might be a fact I dunno I would have to count them. Still theres more weapons to switch between.)

DmC Dante has more combat options than Nero which you play as for over half the playthrough of DMC4. FACT

ITP: Quantity>Quality
---
Official Two Become One of the Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Board
#26Werndan101Posted 4/24/2013 9:40:39 AM
You don't know how to use exceed or table hopper, do you?
---
Need help figuring out components for your gaming PC? Check this.
http://tinyurl.com/falconguide
#27Xtreme65(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 10:30:07 AM
Werndan101 posted...
You don't know how to use exceed or table hopper, do you?

Yes I do. Dont see what Table Hopper really adds its a like Trickster almost. Exceed is fun but still doesnt make up for Nero's lack of weaponry. Using a single weapon for an entire game is boring.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#28Rising_shadowPosted 4/24/2013 10:35:17 AM
ITP: Quantity>Quality

Presumably you know this but, psst, you're supposed to chain multiple combos together for better style gains. Spamming one combo doesn't add to your style gauge in previous games.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#29Xtreme65(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 10:49:20 AM
What DmC did right. If you take off your hatred goggles you can see. Giving us access to all weapons is a move in the right direction, combining Dante and Nero elements into one character, and being able to do a delayed combo when switching weapons, for example 2 hits with Rebellion and then do Trinity Smash, No other DMC does that nor does any other HnS game. (at least the ones I played.). No matter how you feel about the rest of the game, these 3 things were stteps in the right direction.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#30Pesmerga255Posted 4/24/2013 10:51:11 AM
2 hits with Rebellion and then do Trinity Smash

SSSensational!!!!!
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!