Why is it wrong

#131Xtreme65Posted 4/28/2013 12:04:14 PM
DD's combat (at least when not playing a mage.) has been often compared to DMC with a dab of Shadow of the Colossus when fighting bosses. Anyone who has played it can tell you there are HnS elements in its combat. In fact thats like the one thing about DD that is universly praised as some complain about its RPG elements. Watch Angry Joe's review on it he does a real good job explaining its pros and cons. (he even compares it to DMC.)
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#132ZeroX91Posted 4/28/2013 6:23:58 PM
DD is a pretty good game gotta love Sting....err burst strike.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429N9zGDugc
#133LordKaizerPosted 4/28/2013 6:58:45 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
DD's combat (at least when not playing a mage.) has been often compared to DMC with a dab of Shadow of the Colossus when fighting bosses. Anyone who has played it can tell you there are HnS elements in its combat. In fact thats like the one thing about DD that is universly praised as some complain about its RPG elements. Watch Angry Joe's review on it he does a real good job explaining its pros and cons. (he even compares it to DMC.)

dragon's dogma is an RPG with some HnS combat elements not the other way around and don't bring angry joe to support your opinion because joe's info can also found on the back of the game's box also he doesn't get into details on what makes the game unique like DmC makes you change weapons on the fly when almost every HnS do that.
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#134darkslayer001Posted 4/28/2013 7:25:08 PM
LordKaizer posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

dragon's dogma is an RPG with some HnS combat elements not the other way around and don't bring angry joe to support your opinion because joe's info can also found on the back of the game's box also he doesn't get into details on what makes the game unique like DmC makes you change weapons on the fly when almost every HnS do that.

angry joe is kinda like every other video game "journalist" out there, with a youtube flare.
#135Xtreme65Posted 4/28/2013 11:54:47 PM
LordKaizer posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

Yeah my point is. DD puts a good emphasis on combat which is very reminscent of an HnS game, yet no one complains about it not running at 60fps. The only other time Ive seen people complain about fps was the PS3 version of Bayonetta (which from what ive seen is REALLY bad. Like worse than DmC's kinda bad.) Also give Joe some slack he is one of the few that actually judged this game fairly and brings up the many flaws that it has. From the looks of it he doesnt play many HnS games outside of DMC seeing as the only other one he has reviewed is MGR. (and unlike most people he actually found a way to exploit the apparent hard to learn parry system.)
---
#136KyryloPosted 4/28/2013 11:58:50 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
LordKaizer posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

Yeah my point is. DD puts a good emphasis on combat which is very reminscent of an HnS game, yet no one complains about it not running at 60fps. The only other time Ive seen people complain about fps was the PS3 version of Bayonetta (which from what ive seen is REALLY bad. Like worse than DmC's kinda bad.) Also give Joe some slack he is one of the few that actually judged this game fairly and brings up the many flaws that it has. From the looks of it he doesnt play many HnS games outside of DMC seeing as the only other one he has reviewed is MGR. (and unlike most people he actually found a way to exploit the apparent hard to learn parry system.)

DD combat was crap. It was complete try to trip off Dark Souls with adding Shadow of the Colossus mechanic. I highly disliked it and I think it was pretty boring and bad made. And also I don't see anything in it from DMC.
#137Xtreme65Posted 4/29/2013 12:13:37 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
LordKaizer posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

DD combat was crap. It was complete try to trip off Dark Souls with adding Shadow of the Colossus mechanic. I highly disliked it and I think it was pretty boring and bad made. And also I don't see anything in it from DMC.

The delayed combos is very reminiscent of DMC and certain moves could have been inspired as well. As an above poster kinda pointed out, burst strike acts almost identical to Stinger.

Anyways I will have to admit that the gravity system is pretty bad in DmC. Didn't think it was an fps issue but now I see that it could be so I will retract my statement about the 30fps.
---
#138KyryloPosted 4/29/2013 12:15:58 AM
Xtreme65 posted...

The delayed combos is very reminiscent of DMC and certain moves could have been inspired as well. As an above poster kinda pointed out, burst strike acts almost identical to Stinger.

Anyways I will have to admit that the gravity system is pretty bad in DmC. Didn't think it was an fps issue but now I see that it could be so I will retract my statement about the 30fps.

I dunno. Amount of moves to small and overall movements were more DS than DMC.
#139KyryloPosted 4/29/2013 12:18:38 AM
Mixorz posted...
roxas9001 posted...
To dislike DMC3? I enjoyed it but If you don't like it, the fans will eat you alive for nothing.

Well it's your opinion, but you'd be wrong. The definitive list goes (from gamerankings):
DMC
DMC3
DMC4
DMC2
DmC

That's is the definitive list.your opinion can vary but to contradict this list is objectively wrong and you literally have no argument so don't try because you'd fail.

corrected for truth.
#140Xtreme65Posted 4/29/2013 12:44:32 AM
Anyways back to the original topic.

Its not really wrong to dislike DMC3 as the enemies don't quite stack up to DMC1 or DMC4's. But the options Dante has at his disposal is more than almost any other HnS game. The most interesting combo vids come from DMC3 so yeah when someone says they don't like it, they will get a confused look from certain fans.
---