Why is it wrong

#81roxas9001(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 7:10:29 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Anyway, roxas, DMC 3 is a very good game. I would like to see what you liked in that game.

I like the gameplay, 5 songs and that's all

I liked it at the time when I first played it around 2 yrs ago but then I played DMC1 for the first time last yr and it changed my views about 3.
---
Nanomachines, Son
Official Zidane Tribal of the FFXV Board
#82PunkMcThrustPosted 4/25/2013 7:32:40 AM
When I played DMC1 for the first time (coming off of 3) it made me love 3 even more for not being unplayably awful like the PS2 version of 1 is.
Thank god for the HD Collection version with the fixed controls and visuals otherwise I would never have played it.
---
Armstrong for President
#83Dark_EpathyPosted 4/25/2013 12:16:10 PM
DMC1 is far from unplayable on the PS2. The controls take some getting used to, but the game runs smooth after that.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#84TheOriginalMaxPosted 4/25/2013 12:53:45 PM
roxas9001 posted...
To dislike DMC3? I enjoyed it but If you don't like it, the fans will eat you alive for nothing.

I already decided to not posting in any new topics, but this question intrigued me.

It's a good question. I think the status DMC3 holds to the fanbase is the reason. To better explain this status one needs to consider (almost)all the events that happened within the franchise until that point, and have happened very recently; in the genre even.

First came DMC1. It defined "stylish hack'n'slash", it's the birth of what we later would consider "DMC-esque fighting"(such as Sengoku Basara, admittedly debatable). It was universally revered as something amazing, something new, and it was, still is, the beginning of Capcom's one of the biggest franchises ever.
Then along came DMC2. From what I understand it felt like an enormous slap in the face. How could something so good become something so *****y? I had fun with DMC2 when it first came out, but I think it was due to my age and the inherent naivete associated with that age that made me like it(I've noticed younger people, children, are more inclined to like something they have a pre-existing bias to regardless of its objective shortcomings), since now that I replayed it in the HD collection, I didn't even remember how much utter crap that game is(there's a term for this biased memory changing, but I'm shooting blanks this late, so please excuse me). But I digress, DMC2 was a step back in many cases, but it did have SOME qualities that would later be utilized.
After this big slap in the face I assume people became more wary of the DMC franchise based on DMC3's sales. In any case DMC3 had its reveal trailer come out and it showed a much faster paced, a much more "cuhrayzee", gameplay style. The gameplay seemed like DMC1 on acid. DMC3's gameplay system marked the point in which DMC had "found its identity" as a game. DMC3 is the "home base" for what is considered "DMC gameplay". Add to this situation the relief of Capcom fixing what they did wrong with DMC2, reinvigorating a whole franchise and starting yet another gameplay "revolution" so-to-speak, and you will get why DMC3 is so worshipped. This isn't to say DMC3 is undeniably without criticism, as I understand the issues some people have with it(such as the DMC1 atmosphere missing), but I can't say I'm surprised over the defense DMC3 is getting, even if it is a bit too much in my humble opinion.

Now that things have taken a turn for the worse with HnS games, I think there's an even bigger appreciation to how good DMC3 really was. I think people started respecting DMC3 more and the effort that went into it, after DMC4 and DmC. It is on a so-called "pedestal" now in the minds of many fans, because it seems to be such a rare gem in a pit full of coal, full of coal that's very reminiscent of one another in gameplay aspects(the "GoW-clone" epidemic).
I liked DMC4, but I also had multiple issues with it. DMC3SE is my favorite DMC and one of my all time favorite games. But I don't agree with DMC4 being a crappy game. I admit it was wasted potential by Capcom, and I can't feel but disgust towards the laziness and ineptitude Capcom has been showing ever since(save for Sengoku Basara, and Dragon's Dogma I suppose) that I believed started around the time DMC4 was still being produced.
I do not agree with people cussing other people who dislike DMC3, but I also think there are a lot of trolls here just trying to rile people up with the DMC3 criticism. It is hard to discern what critique is not trolling, but it exists none the less. I hope this post sheds some light into the subject. Also please keep in mind that this is how I see it, not necessarily true! ^_^
All the best.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#85Nick_KazamaPosted 4/25/2013 7:35:07 PM
If you don't like DMC3 then that's your opinion and you're fully entitled to it.

Just don't say DmC is better than it.
---
My harem -
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/NIck_Kazama/bunnyharuhi.jpg
#86Malus_X6Posted 4/25/2013 8:30:29 PM
If you don't like DMC3 then that's your opinion and you're fully entitled to it.

Just don't say DmC is better than it.

This is why I love you :D
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#87Xtreme65Posted 4/25/2013 10:40:37 PM
It's not wrong to like or dislike anything. That's what this board needs to learn. People have their reasons for doing so. What is wrong is telling people they are wrong.

I like each DMC except 2, and I even enjoy DmC.

Each game has there strengths and weaknesses.

Most people loved DMC1 because it revolutionized the way we look at action games, but some hated it for the bad camera angles and difficulty.

Most people hated DMC2 since it lacked weapon variety and polish, much slower gameplay, and the piss easy difficulty but some liked it for it did introduce a few cool things. (Bloody Palace and weapon switching for example)

Most loved DMC3 for it took what DMC2 tried to do and perfected it in many ways and introduced styles giving you various ways to play Dante, but some people hated it for its very unforgiving difficulty and cheesy character (though I love him) and the enemies just weren't as cleverly designed as they were in DMC1.

DMC4 seems to be a mixed bag between fans. This one really boils down to did you like Nero or not. I like the character but found his moveset to be rather shallow in comparison to DMC3 or DMC4 Dante.

Alot of people hate DmC because of the drastic change of the character, piss easy difficulty, lack of lock on, the way the developers treated fans, forced platforming, color coded enemies, but some like it because it's more accessible than previous titles and therefore even casuals can pull of some of the more advanced combos, some people liked the platforming sections or just liked the world of Limbo. I like it because I love the weapon system though apparently I am wrong for doing so if you ask the people of this board.

When you think about it DMC1 has the least wrong with it, so maybe it really is the best in the series.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#88FireMage7777Posted 4/26/2013 1:09:04 AM
Xtreme65 posted...
It's not wrong to like or dislike anything. That's what this board needs to learn. People have their reasons for doing so. What is wrong is telling people they are wrong.

I like each DMC except 2, and I even enjoy DmC.

Each game has there strengths and weaknesses.

Most people loved DMC1 because it revolutionized the way we look at action games, but some hated it for the bad camera angles and difficulty.

Most people hated DMC2 since it lacked weapon variety and polish, much slower gameplay, and the piss easy difficulty but some liked it for it did introduce a few cool things. (Bloody Palace and weapon switching for example)

Most loved DMC3 for it took what DMC2 tried to do and perfected it in many ways and introduced styles giving you various ways to play Dante, but some people hated it for its very unforgiving difficulty and cheesy character (though I love him) and the enemies just weren't as cleverly designed as they were in DMC1.

DMC4 seems to be a mixed bag between fans. This one really boils down to did you like Nero or not. I like the character but found his moveset to be rather shallow in comparison to DMC3 or DMC4 Dante.

Alot of people hate DmC because of the drastic change of the character, piss easy difficulty, lack of lock on, the way the developers treated fans, forced platforming, color coded enemies, but some like it because it's more accessible than previous titles and therefore even casuals can pull of some of the more advanced combos, some people liked the platforming sections or just liked the world of Limbo. I like it because I love the weapon system though apparently I am wrong for doing so if you ask the people of this board.

When you think about it DMC1 has the least wrong with it, so maybe it really is the best in the series.

What one does and doesn't like is irrelevant to the issue. The issue is when you make false statements like "DmC is a great game" or "DMC3 is a bad game"
---
I love my fans...too bad most of them aren't the good kind :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#89Xtreme65Posted 4/26/2013 3:34:13 AM
That kind of logic is flawed though. If someone likes a game they are gonna say its a good game despite what others think, and vice versa. I for example dont like FF8 for several reasons. When people ask me if its a good game I tell them no. Many disagree with me and thats okay because people have different opinions.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#90FireMage7777Posted 4/26/2013 3:38:54 AM
Xtreme65 posted...
That kind of logic is flawed though. If someone likes a game they are gonna say its a good game despite what others think, and vice versa. I for example dont like FF8 for several reasons. When people ask me if its a good game I tell them no. Many disagree with me and thats okay because people have different opinions.

Actually it isn't if you don't let your taste get in the way. Several games and genres I don't like, but I will at least say "Not my cup of tea, but its good nonetheless" YOU just need to step back and be objective
---
I love my fans...too bad most of them aren't the good kind :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/