Why is it wrong

#91KyryloPosted 4/26/2013 5:43:12 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
That kind of logic is flawed though. If someone likes a game they are gonna say its a good game despite what others think, and vice versa. I for example dont like FF8 for several reasons. When people ask me if its a good game I tell them no. Many disagree with me and thats okay because people have different opinions.

Actually it isn't if you don't let your taste get in the way. Several games and genres I don't like, but I will at least say "Not my cup of tea, but its good nonetheless" YOU just need to step back and be objective

Im with FireMage on this one. I can say game is bad even if Im enjoyed it. and say it's good even if I didnt like it.
#92FireMage7777Posted 4/26/2013 6:07:28 AM
Kyrylo posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
That kind of logic is flawed though. If someone likes a game they are gonna say its a good game despite what others think, and vice versa. I for example dont like FF8 for several reasons. When people ask me if its a good game I tell them no. Many disagree with me and thats okay because people have different opinions.

Actually it isn't if you don't let your taste get in the way. Several games and genres I don't like, but I will at least say "Not my cup of tea, but its good nonetheless" YOU just need to step back and be objective

Im with FireMage on this one. I can say game is bad even if Im enjoyed it. and say it's good even if I didnt like it.

Kyrylo, why haven't you joined KOTC by now?
---
I love my fans...too bad most of them aren't the good kind :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#93KyryloPosted 4/26/2013 6:09:45 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

KOTC?
#94FireMage7777Posted 4/26/2013 6:12:03 AM
Kyrylo posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

KOTC?

My Sig, Keepers Of The Chair. All the bigwigs here hang out there. Me, Pes, DuuuDe, Rockman, Pickle, Produner, et cinema
---
I love my fans...too bad most of them aren't the good kind :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#95darkslayer001Posted 4/26/2013 8:54:55 AM
Xtreme65 posted...

opinions can be wrong too...kinda like whether the easter bunny is true or not..
#96produnerPosted 4/26/2013 9:07:51 AM
darkslayer001 posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

opinions can be wrong too...kinda like whether the easter bunny is true or not..

When an opinion is wrong, you know that someone is passing opinions as facts and making stuff up.

This is bad=/= I feel/think that this is bad. You can't have wrong thoughts/ feelings, unless there is something wrong with you, but saying that it is bad while facts and evidence say otherwise, then I don't even know if that is considered an opinion. More like making stuff up to feed your ego.

Kinda the difference of subjective and objective way of judging and rating. The former is influenced by feelings and preference.
#97KyryloPosted 4/26/2013 9:38:13 AM
FireMage7777 posted...

My Sig, Keepers Of The Chair. All the bigwigs here hang out there. Me, Pes, DuuuDe, Rockman, Pickle, Produner, et cinema

done. im in:D
#98rockman11_zPosted 4/26/2013 9:50:35 AM
The only wrong thing is liking DmC.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#99TheOriginalMaxPosted 4/26/2013 11:40:00 AM(edited)
produner posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

When an opinion is wrong, you know that someone is passing opinions as facts and making stuff up.

This is bad=/= I feel/think that this is bad. You can't have wrong thoughts/ feelings, unless there is something wrong with you, but saying that it is bad while facts and evidence say otherwise, then I don't even know if that is considered an opinion. More like making stuff up to feed your ego.

Kinda the difference of subjective and objective way of judging and rating. The former is influenced by feelings and preference.

Eh, I'm about to get into the area of semantics here, but whatevz :D
I think the issue is in the perspective. Or rather the choice of words. Some things can be established as objective facts, but something being good is subjective. Something not having issues with multiple things, and by comparison can do more things better without losing anything versus the other, can be defined as objectively superior. Whether it's good or not is, imo, subjective, but to disregard its objective superiority is wrong. Facts and evidence would be pointing out the objective superiority in this case, not whether or not it should be liked. In regards to the objective superiority, I think people need to concede when saying they prefer an objectively inferior product to the superior one.
Huh, then again wouldn't one have to admit that something is good if it's objectively superior, just admit that they don't subjectively like it? Or can this conundrum be avoided with a call to the perspective one is taking? For instance can one really say DMC3 is not good in their opinion, because they like GoW more, or that Dante is too "lolo weeaboo trash lololol, i b so edgy"? Would the necessity of admitting something is good be in regards to an objective comparison in gameplay mechanics between the titles in the franchise? Or something?

Does this make any sense? My brain is pretty shot atm XD
I don't drink, so I won't know, but will this bottle of vodka help? O____________o

EDIT: OHHH someone take the 100th post!
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#100Dark_EpathyPosted 4/26/2013 11:58:41 AM
It's all pretty arbitrary, admittedly . . . Let's take the 30 FPS vs. 60 FPS, for instance.

Anybody sensible would tell you that 60 FPS is better than 30 FPS. There are no "ifs" or "buts" about it--more is better. There's no way to rationalize the other side--unless you wanted to say the environmental design is more important than the actual combat.

But wait! How could anyone think that? Well, it's possible. So, even if 60 FPS is technically better than 30 FPS, if someone personally doesn't find the aspect very important, the difference isn't going to hurt his or her opinion of the game.

There are other examples, but, eh. I don't really feel like talking about this. : P
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead