If DMC5 is made, where do you want it to take place in the story?

#1PhaseBlackPosted 4/24/2013 10:32:24 PM
Where do you want DMC5 to take place in the story's timeline? - Results (110 votes)
Shortly after DMC4, still so many unanswered questions about Nero
60% (66 votes)
A few years ater DMC3, it would be a good way of reintroducing the real Dante
7.27% (8 votes)
Shortly after DMC1, the true DMC2 we always wanted
9.09% (10 votes)
After DMC2, lets see if Capcom can fix that whole mess
20.91% (23 votes)
Other
2.73% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just curious to see what the majority of fans want a DMC5 to be
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2produnerPosted 4/24/2013 10:43:58 PM(edited)
After DMC4, as a prequel to DMC2 , to show how Dante truned into don't speak just die, and after that game, there should be DMC6 after DMC2 in the storyline.

I want to see Dante change in his goals and ideals, but his curayzeh personality should still be intact.

New important characters that are humans, pure demons and hybrids. I want to see a pure demon main protagonist alongside Dante.

Nero should be involved and should be more mature and caring about the subject of demons, emotions, society and demon heritage.

Lady should have a part of the story.

I personally would like to see Dante with a megalomaniac attitude and goals, developed after all of the events of previous DMCs.

something i would like to see: New game mechanics related to the story.

Edit: I don't want to see the demon concept retconned/changed. They should act like demons but in human forms and personality depends; something close to Dante and sparda attitude.
#3PunkMcThrustPosted 4/24/2013 10:44:12 PM
I like DMC4, but I hated the portrayal of Dante himself in it. Seeing Nero again would be nice, but I think there would be more of a push to not make him terrible like he was in DMC4 if they didn't set it near or after DMC4 took place.
---
Armstrong for President
#4RagueltheUFOPosted 4/24/2013 10:45:56 PM
Nero!
#5produnerPosted 4/24/2013 10:46:29 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
I like DMC4, but I hated the portrayal of Dante himself in it. Seeing Nero again would be nice, but I think there would be more of a push to not make him terrible like he was in DMC4 if they didn't set it near or after DMC4 took place.

He wasn't that terrible in DMC4. Small changes in his attitude and adding more obvious moments-despite hurting the context and quality of display- should be sufficient and well balanced for his personality.
#6Vault_ZeroPosted 4/25/2013 12:51:13 AM
Other: I don't care.

Give me good enemies and DMC3/4 combo system and it can take place in the rectum of Harry Knowles.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#7Nick_KazamaPosted 4/25/2013 3:17:45 AM
It should be set after 1 but before 4 but after the anime, but after the novel, but before 3, but in between 4 and 2 while also after 1 but before 4.
---
My harem -
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/NIck_Kazama/bunnyharuhi.jpg
#8Ether101Posted 4/25/2013 3:37:17 AM
Given that DMC4 takes place a year after the DMC1 and the anime happens during that gap, there isn't any room for a game there. Unless they were going to redo the anime as a game.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#9Orange00Posted 4/25/2013 4:01:01 AM
^ anime isn't canon right?

i'd have 3 options really..
i voted for after 3. Because i love the way Dante was younger and would like to see more of it.

after 4 would be nice as well, as i liked Nero and his gameplay has a lot of potential to grow.

3rd, a new reboot of sort might be interesting as well, this time taking place in original universe and main character being tony redgrave.
---
Devil May Cry: The Order --Devil May Cry reboot prequel choose your own adventure with RPG elements. Or something-- Join the resistance on a DmC-board near you!
#10DuuuDe14Posted 4/25/2013 5:56:49 AM
The anime is canon. And its not a year apart. Dante was about 28 in DMC1 and in his thirties in DMC4. As stated by Reubon Langdon
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.