DmC vs Darksiders 2

#51Xtreme65Posted 4/27/2013 2:43:58 AM
syctheweilder posted...
Eryx is slower than rebellion and weaker than arbiter, and not quick enough to warrant using it over arbiter which has "dominant strategy" engraved in it's blade.There's simply no reason to use osiris over aquila beyond using prop to auto-parry. Aquila has far better crowd control options and can be used to stunlock.

I agree about Eryx. Other than its stomp move its pretty much useless. However I couldn't disagree more about Osiris. It's my favorite weapon honestly. (at least in DmC) It is noticebly stronger than Aquila and when charged up it is even stronger and its air combos trump everything, and can even snatch crowds from under you so you can combo them too. Aquila has more range but is considerably weaker, honestly I'm really only a fan of the delayed combo that brings everyone to Dante, Tornado, and round trip is useful for stunning tougher enemies while you dispatch all the weaker ones. Aquila is useful don't get me wrong but it doesn't render Osiris useless like Arbiter does Eryx.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#52Xtreme65Posted 4/27/2013 2:58:00 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
Strelok posted...
The same goes for DmC, only DmC has absolutely useless weapons once you get the blatant upgrade, or the "alt" weapon gained later (The Popeye arms) are absolutely useless.
Or they are useless period (guns)

those popeye arms have a very nice stomp attack which I use alot and has a nice air attack thats good for ending air combos with. I agree that E&I are useless and that Kablooey has limited use (its very nice for knocking tyrants out of rage mode,) but the shotgun is quite useful, almost overpowering to be honest. In Darksiders you basically find one or two weapons and you stick with them, there really isnt a point in switching at all and combos are even more limited. Besides maybe the big guy you see in the trailer all the bosses are pretty forgettable and the final boss was more disapointing than DmC's. Hate on DmC all you want it doesnt change the fact that DS2 has weaker combat.

DS2 had better combat. fact. Bosses are far more engaging than DmC. + good platforming AND puzzles AND exploration. And what I respect DS2 for that you are forced to use combos and experiment with them. While with DmC all combos may as well not exist. Hardes enemies in game can easily be pwned by simple charge attack.

Again I have to disagree about the combat. More engaging bosses sure, but still I found Vergil to be a better fight than DS2's final boss (forgotten his name.) DS2 was basically mash the square button till you win, and dodge when its appropriate. DmC has you changing weapons dependent on the circumstance at least. Both have very broken DT like mechanics where you basically enter god mode, and DS2 has QTE's so take that for how you will. To DS2's credit though the enemies do not suffer from obvious telegraphed attacks. With so many variables though it is not a fact that DS2 has better combat than DmC. But you are right when DS2 out shines DmC in every other category,
---
#53JanneDaArc135Posted 4/27/2013 3:26:15 AM
I have to say, even though DmC loses, Darksiders 2 was a big disappointment <.< The game breaking glitches were almost unbearable (after many lonely nights and MANY resets I did manage to platinum Darksiders 2)
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
Now Playing: Touhou: Subterranean Animism PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#54KyryloPosted 4/27/2013 5:02:50 AM
Xtreme65 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
Strelok posted...
The same goes for DmC, only DmC has absolutely useless weapons once you get the blatant upgrade, or the "alt" weapon gained later (The Popeye arms) are absolutely useless.

those popeye arms have a very nice stomp attack which I use alot and has a nice air attack thats good for ending air combos with. I agree that E&I are useless and that Kablooey has limited use (its very nice for knocking tyrants out of rage mode,) but the shotgun is quite useful, almost overpowering to be honest. In Darksiders you basically find one or two weapons and you stick with them, there really isnt a point in switching at all and combos are even more limited. Besides maybe the big guy you see in the trailer all the bosses are pretty forgettable and the final boss was more disapointing than DmC's. Hate on DmC all you want it doesnt change the fact that DS2 has weaker combat.

DS2 had better combat. fact. Bosses are far more engaging than DmC. + good platforming AND puzzles AND exploration. And what I respect DS2 for that you are forced to use combos and experiment with them. While with DmC all combos may as well not exist. Hardes enemies in game can easily be pwned by simple charge attack.

Again I have to disagree about the combat. More engaging bosses sure, but still I found Vergil to be a better fight than DS2's final boss (forgotten his name.) DS2 was basically mash the square button till you win, and dodge when its appropriate. DmC has you changing weapons dependent on the circumstance at least. Both have very broken DT like mechanics where you basically enter god mode, and DS2 has QTE's so take that for how you will. To DS2's credit though the enemies do not suffer from obvious telegraphed attacks. With so many variables though it is not a fact that DS2 has better combat than DmC. But you are right when DS2 out shines DmC in every other category,

Honestly you need to change weapons in DmC only because of colored enemies. From what I've seen and played you can buttonmash anything with Arbiter. As for DS2, just remember those angels fights and fight against Samael. those were freaking cool, much better than constant cinematics breaking flow of battle.
#55LordKaizerPosted 4/27/2013 6:46:12 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
LordKaizer posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Ether101 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Calling KH2 a complete train wreck? You're no longer allowed to have opinions

And yes, he did direct them. And only parts of the amazing Compilation he directed were ACC and Last Order

You thinking KH2 is great shows that you've got poor taste.

LOL no. Calling what is easily one of the best RPGs ever a complete trainwreck is idiocy and it shows that you have no clue what you're talking about. You may leave now

the best JRPG goes to either chrono trigger, FF6, super mario RPG or Tales of Phantasia (excluding the GBA version because it sucks)

The lack of Suikoden 2 and Xenogears in your list is insulting.

OMG, how can i forget about them? those are instant classic
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#56akira_hisyamPosted 4/27/2013 8:31:17 AM
darksiders 2 are way better because.........

1. death is badass
2.death is badass horseman
3. death far more cooler than donte
4. death is death
5. badass and epic is death
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
#57Xtreme65Posted 4/27/2013 10:35:47 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
Strelok posted...

Honestly you need to change weapons in DmC only because of colored enemies. From what I've seen and played you can buttonmash anything with Arbiter. As for DS2, just remember those angels fights and fight against Samael. those were freaking cool, much better than constant cinematics breaking flow of battle.

Not necessarily true about Arbiter. It has way to much of a knock back to be effective in a crowd of Stygians, you'd actually be much better off using Osiris, Aquila, or Rebellion in that situation and that situation comes up more than any other situation in the game, Arbiter should only be used for Trinity Smash or its Launcher at that time. Also Arbiter is next to useless against airial enemies. Now they can be demon grabbed I guess so you can use Arbiter but its actually quicker to dispatch them with the shotgun, and Harpies can't even be demon grabbed until you shoot their wings off. So no spamming Arbiter is not very effective, and you don't just change weapons when color coded enemies show up, it just common knowledge that Angel weapons are more effective for crowds of weak enemies, and Arbiter (cuz Eryx is useless) is most effective against single tougher enemies. (Y'know ones that don't get knocked back when they get hit.)
---
#58KyryloPosted 4/27/2013 10:50:57 AM
Xtreme65 posted...

Not necessarily true about Arbiter. It has way to much of a knock back to be effective in a crowd of Stygians, you'd actually be much better off using Osiris, Aquila, or Rebellion in that situation and that situation comes up more than any other situation in the game, Arbiter should only be used for Trinity Smash or its Launcher at that time. Also Arbiter is next to useless against airial enemies. Now they can be demon grabbed I guess so you can use Arbiter but its actually quicker to dispatch them with the shotgun, and Harpies can't even be demon grabbed until you shoot their wings off. So no spamming Arbiter is not very effective, and you don't just change weapons when color coded enemies show up, it just common knowledge that Angel weapons are more effective for crowds of weak enemies, and Arbiter (cuz Eryx is useless) is most effective against single tougher enemies. (Y'know ones that don't get knocked back when they get hit.)

it maybe true, but I cant imagine getting throw ds2 by spamming square either. learning and using combo is a key when you surrounded or against bosses is very important
#59Ink-RibbonPosted 4/27/2013 12:07:26 PM
akira_hisyam posted...
darksiders 2 are way better because.........

1. death is badass
2.death is badass horseman
3. death far more cooler than donte
4. death is death
5. badass and epic is death

That's not a good list. Try harder. Better luck next time, I guess. ;)
#60Ink-RibbonPosted 4/27/2013 12:13:56 PM
JanneDaArc135 posted...
I have to say, even though DmC loses, Darksiders 2 was a big disappointment <.< The game breaking glitches were almost unbearable (after many lonely nights and MANY resets I did manage to platinum Darksiders 2)

I agree with you 100%. You're reasonable.

DS 2 was a glitchy game and it could even corrupt save files. It was nearly impossible playing that game without having to reset it.

Also, it was infested with puzzles that simply did break the flow and pacing of the game...It was sad, because I loved DS1.