DmC vs Darksiders 2

#61syctheweilderPosted 4/27/2013 2:45:06 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...
I have to say, even though DmC loses, Darksiders 2 was a big disappointment <.< The game breaking glitches were almost unbearable (after many lonely nights and MANY resets I did manage to platinum Darksiders 2)

Also, it was infested with puzzles that simply did break the flow and pacing of the game...It was sad, because I loved DS1.

uh...so what made Darksiders' puzzles any better than Darksiders 2's?
#62KyryloPosted 4/27/2013 2:46:48 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...
I have to say, even though DmC loses, Darksiders 2 was a big disappointment <.< The game breaking glitches were almost unbearable (after many lonely nights and MANY resets I did manage to platinum Darksiders 2)

I agree with you 100%. You're reasonable.

DS 2 was a glitchy game and it could even corrupt save files. It was nearly impossible playing that game without having to reset it.

Also, it was infested with puzzles that simply did break the flow and pacing of the game...It was sad, because I loved DS1.

darksiders was Zelda type game from the beginning. In Ds2 they just made step towards it. IT was never raw HnS.
#63Ink-RibbonPosted 4/27/2013 2:58:49 PM
syctheweilder posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...

I think DS 1 was better than 2 in every way...The action was also a lot better, including the last boss.

DS 2 last boss was horrible in my view, obviously...
#64syctheweilderPosted 4/27/2013 3:08:46 PM
im talking about the puzzles.
#65JanneDaArc135Posted 4/27/2013 3:17:20 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...

I agree with you 100%. You're reasonable.

DS 2 was a glitchy game and it could even corrupt save files. It was nearly impossible playing that game without having to reset it.

I would 100% agree with this. I don't know about the puzzles but for me it just seemed like everything was a step down from 1. I really liked 1 and was really hyped for 2 but everything just seemed inferior to 1. Don't get me wrong it was still a decent game and when you did not have to navigate through the many game breaking glitches it was good but for me after having to reset my game 4 times due to glitches, it pretty much ruined any hype.
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
Now Playing: Touhou: Subterranean Animism PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#66syctheweilderPosted 4/27/2013 3:45:12 PM(edited)
I'd like to be cognizant about all these game-breaking glitches as i'm playing through it, but i can't find a decent exhaustive list anywhere.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/darksiders-2/Bugs_and_Glitches

This one only has two. I think i've found more in gamefaqs threads even.
#67Rising_shadowPosted 4/27/2013 4:07:28 PM
It's not surprising that DS2 is so glitchy, THQ was going bankrupt and was rushing it out to stave off final death. They were hoping for some 4 million copies sold I believe. Alas, it seems the series died with THQ.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#68SiLVeR_420Posted 4/27/2013 5:39:30 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
It's not surprising that DS2 is so glitchy, THQ was going bankrupt and was rushing it out to stave off final death. They were hoping for some 4 million copies sold I believe. Alas, it seems the series died with THQ.

I think Nordic games picked up the IP along with the Red Faction IP in the last auction I believe.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#69nukeboysback(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 9:34:28 PM
We may see a Darksiders 3 soon.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-23-new-owner-of-darksiders-ip-keen-to-speak-with-original-creators-about-darksiders-3

I just hope they keep it more like part 1, that sand worm level was incredible.
#70KyryloPosted 4/27/2013 10:56:28 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
syctheweilder posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...

I think DS 1 was better than 2 in every way...The action was also a lot better, including the last boss.

DS 2 last boss was horrible in my view, obviously...

But Samael fight was much better than fight against Abaddon.