2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Why do you guys like DmC?
2 years ago#71
5hadows posted...
PunkMcThrust posted...
5hadows posted...
produner posted...
5hadows posted...

I believe this entire incident happened because of the word "Mate". Shatter is a curse even when he's not here.

Castlevania: The curse of mateness. Shattercula is revived every century and his current form is his legendary son yuber.

A 3d platforming game with:
- A original soundtrack sang by the Force Edge! Or was it the Spice Girls? w/e
- Many puzzle elements like having to assimilate the name of two different Metal gears to their portraits;
- Backdash from Alucard fro the Castlevania series is now back! and faster than ever, it also go trough f***ing walls, screw logic.

Are you telling me I can play a new 3D Castlevania with a Spice Girls soundtrack and Metal Gear crossovers and the sweet afterimage fast as hell backdash?

I am going to preorder Castlevania: The Curse Of Mateness right goddamn now.

I know right? It looks more promising than LoS2 at this point. Preorder now and you get a limited dlc code that gives you access to a DMC forum that will be opened in 2020.

They will exceed 2.5 million.
2 years ago#72
So who is the main character in Circle of Mateness? Shatter Belmont?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
2 years ago#73
5hadows posted...
sundet84 posted...
5hadows posted...
sundet84 posted...
rockman11_z posted...
I mean why? Have you played other hack and slash games?

why do you hate DmC ? Have you played other hack and slash games

It's a objectively mediocre HnS game if you're familiar with other HnS games, it is completely awful if you're familiar with games like NG/Bayo/DMC. It is a bastardization of the old series trying to make it become another milking cow IP, that ironically flopped. The game was marketed around hate and polemic and not only it failed to draw new players but it also made the old ones leave.

Why do you like this abomination again?

like it.... no. But im not a blind fanboy. i can see it has better gameplay then GOW, Darksiders, Dw and all HnS that is X-box and Ps-live only

GoW is more of a cinematic experience, you play it for the huge boss fights, gory executions and beautiful cutscenes.
Dw is more of a sandbox HnS where you can have fun just plowing trough mobs with a cast of 30+ characters, playing every one might get old but picking one once in a while it's a fun experience.
Haven't played darksiders so I can't give my feedback on that.

The thing is you compare it to the old DMCs because that's the franchise DmC is replacing, and compared to the old one it is a insulting game that has bland characters,weapons, a crappy story and a forgetable gameplay.

You like it? Fine by me, but the game is bad and huge step back from the series it is replacing.

Darksiders is good because it's like a more mature Zelda game. The people that designed the combat for Darksiders 2 are big fans of Devil May Cry and Bayonetta and it shows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJrRETf2aTQ.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
2 years ago#74
rockman11_z posted...
So who is the main character in Circle of Mateness? Shatter Belmont?

With his trusty codex.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
2 years ago#75
produner posted...
Gamenamebully posted...
It's because it's their opinion.

If they like DmC then it's fine. If they don't like it then it's fine.

I get the hatred over it but when there's someone who likes the game it seems like that person is a witch that must be burnt by the steak sometimes.

The game is flawed but I like it. Do you see me make fun of anti's about it? No. Do you see me trying to convert people to think like me? No.

The game ain't perfect but some people like it because to them it's fun. I get the hate and I respect most of the anti's. I DON'T respect pro's or anti's who try and shove their belief's down peoples throats.

As long as you accept a persons opinions on the game even if they like it then it's fine by my book.

You know that 95% of people that like/support DmC claim that it is a great game and they bash the original fanbase/games. Most of them are bandwagon ing haters white hair DmC great give it a chance derp

No. No...Produner, come on. You were doing great. I can't stand baseless statistics even if they're an exaggeration.
2 years ago#76
RichterB17 posted...

Darksiders is good because it's like a more mature Zelda game. The people that designed the combat for Darksiders 2 are big fans of Devil May Cry and Bayonetta and it shows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJrRETf2aTQ.

Now I wonder why I haven't picked DS2 yet. Gotta give it a chance when I have the time.
---
Ill add something here later....
2 years ago#77
5hadows posted...
Gamenamebully posted...
produner posted...
Gamenamebully posted...

I get the hatred over it but when there's someone who likes the game it seems like that person is a witch that must be burnt by the steak sometimes.

The game is flawed but I like it. Do you see me make fun of anti's about it? No. Do you see me trying to convert people to think like me? No.

The game ain't perfect but some people like it because to them it's fun. I get the hate and I respect most of the anti's. I DON'T respect pro's or anti's who try and shove their belief's down peoples throats.

As long as you accept a persons opinions on the game even if they like it then it's fine by my book.

You know that 95% of people that like/support DmC claim that it is a great game and they bash the original fanbase/games. Most of them are bandwagon ing haters white hair DmC great give it a chance derp

I like this game and I like the original series and the fanbase(minus the extreme trolls). I get DmC is flawed yet I enjoy it AND the originals.

Where am I counted then?

In the corner, sit down there and wait for a DMC5 or nothing.

Now, now, there's no need to be like that. :P To be honest, Gamerbully has been rather respectful about it. He didn't say, "You only hate 'cause of the hair!," or "You ruined the franchise 'cause you didn't buy DmC! It's all your fault!"
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
2 years ago#78
PunkMcThrust posted...
But DmC isn't a hack and slash game. What does DmC have to do with Diablo or Titan Quest? It has almost nothing in common aside from having demons and melee weapons, maybe some magic.

Though the latter two do not contain magic performed using squirrel semen.

Ive always heard Diablo being called a dungeon Crawler not a HnS.

Don't know what Titan Quest is.

Also just as there's different types of Survival Horror there's different types of HnS.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
2 years ago#79
NostalgiaRules posted...
5hadows posted...
Gamenamebully posted...
produner posted...
Gamenamebully posted...

I like this game and I like the original series and the fanbase(minus the extreme trolls). I get DmC is flawed yet I enjoy it AND the originals.

Where am I counted then?

In the corner, sit down there and wait for a DMC5 or nothing.

Now, now, there's no need to be like that. :P To be honest, Gamerbully has been rather respectful about it. He didn't say, "You only hate 'cause of the hair!," or "You ruined the franchise 'cause you didn't buy DmC! It's all your fault!"

He doesn't want to be part of this whole thing and stay neutral, he doesn't care which game we get, DmC is not happening. There isn't anything else for him to do besides sitting and waiting for a annoucenment of DMC5 or that they're canning the series.
---
Ill add something here later....
2 years ago#80
Games like Diablo and Baldur's Gate used to be called as HnS in the late 90s/early 2000s, now people simply refer to them as action rpg, loot based rpg or maybe even dungeon crawler. Rarely do i hear anyone calling them hack n slash.

Terms have evolved, now HnS genre refers to games like DMC, GoW, Bayo, Ninja Gaiden. Of course, you can still call Diablo HnS, but you have no business telling others that DmC isn't HnS.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Why do you guys like DmC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived