Why do you guys like DmC?

#81Xtreme65Posted 4/28/2013 11:51:08 AM
I know its flawed but most of the flaws simply dont bother me as much as the antis and I like the weapon system more than most HnS's and having a grapple mechanic on top of that makes me enjoy playing New Dante more than Nero simply because he has more options. I still like playing DMC4 as Dante and DMC3 and DMC1 for they all outshine DmC in one way or another.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#82darkslayer001Posted 4/28/2013 1:12:46 PM
I can completely understand why one would like DmC.
The game was streamlined and made for those who don't play much HnS. That being said the game is a TERRIBLE Devil may cry game, all the way from horrible boss fights and aesthetics to combat.
#83ResidentJunk7Posted 4/28/2013 1:26:16 PM
I smell butthurt.
#84SiLVeR_420Posted 4/28/2013 1:50:17 PM
Ironic coming from you Jackjunk.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#85KyryloPosted 4/28/2013 1:59:47 PM
ResidentJunk7 posted...
I smell butthurt.

try restrain yourself next time or wash ofter.
#86Pesmerga255Posted 4/28/2013 2:17:03 PM
ResidentJunk7 posted...
I smell butthurt.

Go to bed JackJunk.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#87ResidentJunk7Posted 4/28/2013 3:41:29 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
ResidentJunk7 posted...
I smell butthurt.

Go to bed JackJunk.

whats that me lassie?
#88OracleGunnerPosted 4/28/2013 3:44:57 PM
ResidentJunk7 posted...
I smell butthurt.

Go to bed JackJunk.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#89NessXPoo-M2Posted 4/28/2013 3:52:45 PM
The only thing i would say that i hate about DmC... are the boss fights. It could have been SOOOOO much better. Other than that i actually liked the story and characters(though i wish they had more development).
#90PunkMcThrustPosted 4/28/2013 6:01:47 PM
Iamthekuzalol posted...
Games like Diablo and Baldur's Gate used to be called as HnS in the late 90s/early 2000s, now people simply refer to them as action rpg, loot based rpg or maybe even dungeon crawler. Rarely do i hear anyone calling them hack n slash.

Terms have evolved, now HnS genre refers to games like DMC, GoW, Bayo, Ninja Gaiden. Of course, you can still call Diablo HnS, but you have no business telling others that DmC isn't HnS.

Genres don't just goddamn change entire definitions like that.

Doom is not a ****ing shmup because you shoot things up in it.
Baldur's Gate is not a ****ing collectathon because you can collect items in it.
Halo is not a platformer because you have the ability to jump on platforms.
Devil May Cry is not a hack and slash because you hit things with a sword.

Are we clear? This whole "DMC and Bayo and NG are hack n slash" load of horsecrap didn't start until only a few years ago. You don't steal a decades old genre definition just because you think it fits with what you do in a game.

Even worse, aside from Diablo, HnS is an extremely niche genre, moreso than character action games (what NG, DMC, Bayo and the like actually are) so you really took a huge dump on the small community those games had. Screw you.
---
Armstrong for President