Finally got the DMC Collection...

#11HellsControllerPosted 4/26/2013 10:44:06 PM
Honestly I bought the collection for 3. I never played 1 when it first came out so playing it on the HD collection was the first time I played it. Feels extremely outdated and don't understand the praise for it. But 3 is just as much fun(if not more) than when I first played it on the PS2.

Basically, just play 3 and have fun.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#12KyryloPosted 4/27/2013 1:37:31 AM
HellsController posted...
Honestly I bought the collection for 3. I never played 1 when it first came out so playing it on the HD collection was the first time I played it. Feels extremely outdated and don't understand the praise for it. But 3 is just as much fun(if not more) than when I first played it on the PS2.

BS.
#13JanneDaArc135Posted 4/27/2013 1:47:49 AM

Well to be fair 1 is over 10 years old and hasn't aged well unfortunately. However when it came out(although I still think it is) it was an amazing game. I still think its great and like just as much as 3 but I can see how people would think its old.
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
Now Playing: Touhou: Subterranean Animism PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#14KyryloPosted 4/27/2013 2:04:51 AM
JanneDaArc135 posted...

Well to be fair 1 is over 10 years old and hasn't aged well unfortunately. However when it came out(although I still think it is) it was an amazing game. I still think its great and like just as much as 3 but I can see how people would think its old.

seriously I find it funny that people claim Zelda aged well and complain about DMC1.
#15PunkMcThrustPosted 4/27/2013 3:38:32 AM
Kyrylo posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...

seriously I find it funny that people claim Zelda aged well and complain about DMC1.

Zelda did age well. I just finished a 100% playthrough of OoT and it's just as incredible as it ever was.
In fact the only thing I noticed that I didn't before that annoyed me was that you have to play Zelda's Lullaby EVERY time you want to go in Zora's Domain.

DMC1 however looks and controls absolutely horribly on the native PS2 version. The HD Collection version fixes both the controls and visuals. It's a good game but it feels clunky and awkward.
---
Armstrong for President
#16KyryloPosted 4/27/2013 6:08:34 AM
PunkMcThrust posted...
Kyrylo posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...

Zelda did age well. I just finished a 100% playthrough of OoT and it's just as incredible as it ever was.
In fact the only thing I noticed that I didn't before that annoyed me was that you have to play Zelda's Lullaby EVERY time you want to go in Zora's Domain.

DMC1 however looks and controls absolutely horribly on the native PS2 version. The HD Collection version fixes both the controls and visuals. It's a good game but it feels clunky and awkward.

I played OoT only when I was 25. ...and it felt very, very weak, boring and ugly. It was like one town area in OKami only much uglier and slow. As for DMC1 I played it recently and it didn't felt clunky at all. Even more there are few points where DMC1 > than DMC3, especially when you look at enemies.
#17TheOmegaShen(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 6:11:48 AM
geneocide posted...
TheOmegaShen posted...
DMC1 is alright so far...

.... Just skip 2 and go straight to 3. And what segment?

I'm on Mission 4. And I'll probably still play DMC2 so I can see what's so bad about it. Besides, it's not a long game. :P
---
Believe in me who believes in you!
PSN: TheOmegaShen
#18Aura_of_ApathyPosted 4/27/2013 7:29:11 AM
Lol DMC1 isn't outdated to me. Its a shame all the later games were such a tone shift from it, because it was the best in atmosphere and presentation. I also found the gameplay truly created the genre of games we now barely care for anymore, while its dark gothic theme was pitch perfect. Love DMC3 as well, but 1 is like the first Bioshock to me, won't be topped.
Play through all of DMC1 if you can.
---
Dragon kick your ass into the milky way! (milky way)
Don't act like you don't like the ballbuster! (ballbuster)
#19Xaldin0011Posted 4/27/2013 8:41:24 AM
DMC1 isn't as great as most people say. Most of it's just nostalgia love.

DMC3 is.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDHCLjuOzXY
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#20Ink-RibbonPosted 4/27/2013 12:53:02 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
Now I can experience these games for the first time. Should I go into it with low expectations or is it guaranteed that I'll have a good time?

I can say you'll have a very good time playing DMC 1 and 3 at least. Both were amazing games, with impressive gameplay ( DMC 3 was better in that regard).

Regarding DMC 2 and 4, it's subjective. Overall, both were mediocre games, but DMC 2 had something that DMC 4 didn't: a fun and amazing villain.

Arius was so intense, tough, strong, hard, rough and his attacks were so unpredictable that you could even get afraid of his moves. He even had a magnum and could even trap Dante inside of a black hole...

DMC 4 villain was just a a flying old man that you had to beat ad eternum

So, my advice is playing DMC 3,1 and 2 ( follow that order). If you want to see DMC 4, just watch youtube gameplays.

Anyway, this is Arius: http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8596/pcsx202010060119435142.jpg