Finally got the DMC Collection...

#21Rising_shadowPosted 4/27/2013 12:01:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#22DuuuDe14Posted 4/27/2013 12:06:31 PM
Ignore Ink. He has issues he needs to work out and can't think clearly right now.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#23Ink-RibbonPosted 4/27/2013 12:09:22 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
Ink be trolling again as usual, go away you horrid little man.

People say that DMC 1 isn't great, they say the game is dated and I'm the troll?

Is there any logic with your post? Oh sorry, I forgot that antis usually don't even know such word. XD
#24Ink-RibbonPosted 4/27/2013 12:10:35 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
Ignore Ink. He has issues he needs to work out and can't think clearly right now.

So, what happened to your chair? Did you lose it?

Anyway, I hope you're feeling ok. Please, tell me when I can sit on your chair and I'll be more than satisfied.
#25RayconPosted 4/27/2013 12:20:14 PM
Xaldin0011 posted...
DMC1 isn't as great as most people say. Most of it's just nostalgia love.

DMC3 is.

I don't know, I hated DMC1 my first time through it. Played through it again recently to finally appreciate how great it was. Has excellent level and enemy design, not to mention atmosphere.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#26Ink-RibbonPosted 4/27/2013 12:22:18 PM
Raycon posted...
Xaldin0011 posted...
DMC1 isn't as great as most people say. Most of it's just nostalgia love.

DMC3 is.

I don't know, I hated DMC1 my first time through it. Played through it again recently to finally appreciate how great it was. Has excellent level and enemy design, not to mention atmosphere.

The HD version is even better. I'm still surprised with DMC 1 even if the game is 12 years old. That's quite amazing.
#27demonfang178Posted 4/27/2013 5:43:30 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Arius was so intense, tough, strong, hard, rough and his attacks were so unpredictable that you could even get afraid of his moves. He even had a magnum and could even trap Dante inside of a black hole...

I've seen some ba...odd opinions on this board, but Arius as a good, no, amazing villain? I fought Arius about a week ago and I was hit only twice on Hard. For crying out loud, the man has a moment where he sits cross-legged drinking wine for a good 5 seconds.

That "flying old man" was more unpredictable and just because you can predict something doesn't mean you will dodge it.

Anyway, DMC1 is acclaimed because 1. arguably the best OST in the entire series, 2. the way EVERY move has functionality (most DMCs have this, but not to the degree that DMC1 has; even Vortex has a use), 3. enemy design (gameplay and aesthetic-wise) and how even mooks can wreck you, 4. atmosphere, and 5. probably being the most difficult.

Only thing I personally can pan DMC1 for is day camera, the inability to charge charge shot and attack at the same time, dat camera, the secret mission windows and locations, dat camera, and not having a detailed enough results screen (I can just look up the info online, but meh).
#28Malus_X6Posted 4/27/2013 7:29:19 PM
Play all three, then play a copy of DMC 4.

Regardless of how much you like them after laying all four, you'll see for yourself why many antis (and even some former pros) prefer them over DmC.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#29_Uwye_Posted 4/28/2013 12:33:53 AM
The game with the best gameplay in the series is only mediocre. Now I've heard it all.
#30NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/28/2013 2:59:58 AM(edited)
You'd probably like DMC 1 and 3 the best. You might like DMC 4, too, but you'd have to buy that separately. DMC 2 can get a little bit boring after awhile.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.