This is objectively a better game than DMC 4.

#61DuuuDe14Posted 4/30/2013 1:50:06 PM
Oh alex. You are the Yuji Kaido of DMC4
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#62SaltySasukePosted 4/30/2013 6:06:12 PM
Not sure if TC is serious.
---
I am an ass. A dick. A jerk. I like phallic imagery.
http://i.imgur.com/gbHAC.jpg
#63RagueltheUFOPosted 4/30/2013 6:49:59 PM
Strelok posted...
It is Ninja Theory writing.
Everyone is an ass. Nobody is likable. At best they're boring. At worst they're plain offensive.
And somehow, gaming press lauds them for it.

Remember, they're paid to kiss there butt.
#64FireMage7777Posted 4/30/2013 9:36:50 PM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
knightoffire55 posted...
Just because of the fact that it is not half a game with lolbacktracking.

I agree with this. Almost every mission takes you to an entirely new area and you never return to the areas from earlier missions again in one playthrough. The level design and mission progression in this game definitely got much more thought put into it than DMC4.

They also put more work on how each weapon and move works too so it effectively plays better as well, unless your massive folds quiver at the very sight of lolnero and his drunk uncle, in which case DMC4 is the better game, definitely.

LOL no. The level design is the same architecture, when it shouldn't be. The same color palette across levels, I can go on

And again LOL no. Weapons share moves, have little variance, etc. Alex its like you're not even trying anymore
---
I love my fans...too bad most of them aren't the good kind :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#65Edward_R_MurrowPosted 5/1/2013 12:10:27 AM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
The level design and mission progression in this game definitely got much more thought put into it than DMC4.

We don't know if more thought was put into it. But anyone with an acumen for design certainly knows DmC is far worse in the level design category in practically every category. DMC4 doesn't make one do oodles of filler platforming that is the same stuff from Mission 2 all the way till the end. DMC4 doesn't have pointless sequences with a character who is a walking MacGuffin, devoid of any meaningful gameplay. DMC4 doesn't indulge in tons of square rooms connected by corridors. DMC4 doesn't have Demon Shards that exist to do nothing more than slow down the gameplay. And I'd rather DMC4s few annoying orb collection requirements than DmC's completion ranking which makes it improbably difficult to max-rank missions on your first playthrough and is not interesting at all (hmmm, the game wants me to go down the left path...I should go down the right path for treasure).

They also put more work on how each weapon and move works too so it effectively plays better as well

Gilgamesh was one of the worst weapons in the real series, being a poor hybrid of Ifrit and Beowulf. A lot of its moves were not well thought out or implemented in poor fashion. It's still more interesting than any weapon in DmC, which indulges in the pedestrian design of "lol, slow but strong" and "lololololz weak but fast and combotastic". And DmC Donte's moveset is riddled with useless redundancies and bad moves with little practical or combo applications.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#66SiLVeR_420Posted 5/1/2013 12:19:48 AM
Strelok posted...
It is Ninja Theory writing.
Everyone is an ass. Nobody is likable. At best they're boring. At worst they're plain offensive.
And somehow, gaming press lauds them for it.

I liked Trip..and Monkey. Monkey was 100% because I'm a big Andy Serkis fan though.

But what we got with Enslaved was only like 5% of what Tamtam wrote. Everything else was Garland.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#67SmashwarlocksPosted 5/1/2013 7:58:38 AM
knightoffire55 posted...

I think we can all agree that both games were half @$$ed made.
---
Score update. George Lucas 4 Basement Dwellers 0.
#68ShengaliPosted 5/1/2013 11:17:25 AM
knightoffire55 posted...

1) Every DMC game has backtracking.

2) DmC has the worst kind of backtracking in that after you beat the game, you need to replay previous levels to get the keys & doors unlocked, as opposed to the other games having natural progression that led you back into the same areas.

3) You fail. Try harder to troll next time.

1+2=3
#69ShengaliPosted 5/1/2013 11:32:43 AM
palpatine_roxx posted...
knightoffire55 posted...

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/318/a/6/king_sombra_swag_by_snowbooons-d5l126f.png

That looks like a Ninja Turtle design for the next Micheal Bay movie.

Except that I think this one looks cool.
#70SilentS89Posted 5/1/2013 11:52:17 AM
This thread is objectively laughable.
---
"The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called aglets. Their true purpose is sinister!" ~The Question