Worst boss in the game

#11SiLVeR_420Posted 4/29/2013 12:43:17 AM
Xtreme65 posted...
Vergil wasnt that bad. It was better than Vergil1 in DMC3 at least the cinematic cut off points were annoying though, only the one where he Devil Triggers was necessary. Worst boss goes to Mundus, honestly thats a bigger insult because the Mundus fight in DMC1 was so freaking good and what we got here is.....well possibly the worst boss in the series....no in ANY HnS game (only the hell turd in two might compare but at least that fight was harder.) for crying out loud there was even a marker on the ground telling you where he was going to strike. He actually has LESS moves than Succubus/Poison.

No it wasn't.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#12KyryloPosted 4/29/2013 12:45:22 AM
Xtreme65 posted...
Vergil wasnt that bad. It was better than Vergil1 in DMC3 at least the cinematic cut off points were annoying though, only the one where he Devil Triggers was necessary. Worst boss goes to Mundus, honestly thats a bigger insult because the Mundus fight in DMC1 was so freaking good and what we got here is.....well possibly the worst boss in the series....no in ANY HnS game (only the hell turd in two might compare but at least that fight was harder.) for crying out loud there was even a marker on the ground telling you where he was going to strike. He actually has LESS moves than Succubus/Poison.

Your opinion about Vergil is subjective. Personally I hate cinematic in the middle of the boss fight. It's annoying and drives my attention.
#13Xtreme65Posted 4/29/2013 1:24:33 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

Your opinion about Vergil is subjective. Personally I hate cinematic in the middle of the boss fight. It's annoying and drives my attention.

Yeah I agree about the cutscenes (was already in my post) but I find the actual fight to be slightly better. Vergil1 leaves himself open after each attack he does, not the always the case with DmC Vergi some moves you have to parry in order for him to be vulnerable because DmC Vergil will block your attacks more than Vergil1. Vergil1 also has less attacks.

Keep in mind I am ONLY talking about Vergil1. The other Vergil fights are MUCH better. Especially Vergil3.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#14KyryloPosted 4/29/2013 1:26:45 AM
Xtreme65 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

Yeah I agree about the cutscenes (was already in my post) but I find the actual fight to be slightly better. Vergil1 leaves himself open after each attack he does, not the always the case with DmC Vergi some moves you have to parry in order for him to be vulnerable because DmC Vergil will block your attacks more than Vergil1. Vergil1 also has less attacks.

Keep in mind I am ONLY talking about Vergil1. The other Vergil fights are MUCH better. Especially Vergil3.

Well, I liked how Vergil fights developed in DMC3....to bad in DmC it ends only with one :(
#15NessXPoo-M2Posted 4/29/2013 2:38:27 AM
They were all HORRIBLE! and trust me, i loved DmC. Better than the otehrs even. Although i agree with what was previously stated that it was nothing but dodge and attack the weak spot. Not to mention they were all incredibly easy. Although if i had to pick it worst(disappointing wise) was mundus. It could have been awesome but they ended up making it the EXACT! and i repeat! EXACT same as the secret ingredient boss! >_> Although the Bob boss fight was pretty good.
#16FireMage7777(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 2:43:02 AM
NessXPoo-M2 posted...
They were all HORRIBLE! and trust me, i loved DmC. Better than the otehrs even. Although i agree with what was previously stated that it was nothing but dodge and attack the weak spot. Not to mention they were all incredibly easy. Although if i had to pick it worst(disappointing wise) was mundus. It could have been awesome but they ended up making it the EXACT! and i repeat! EXACT same as the secret ingredient boss! >_> Although the Bob boss fight was pretty good.

Define good...because a boss with attack patterns off a mid 90's platforming boss, that imposes you having to kill grunts every phase and having a horrible camera angle while doing so...doesn't sound good
---
I love my fans...too bad most of them aren't the good kind :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#17NessXPoo-M2Posted 4/29/2013 2:55:10 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
NessXPoo-M2 posted...

Define good...because a boss with attack patterns off a mid 90's platforming boss, that imposes you having to kill grunts every phase and having a horrible camera angle while doing so...doesn't sound good

By good i mean better than the rest(obviously). Sure it was a fight with attack patterns but the music, which was awesome i might add, and over all the design of the boss was clearly one of the best looking bosses in the game. And the camera was not horrible. Try comparing the camera angle to dmc1, 2, or 3 and THEN try saying that this one is bad. :)
#18FireMage7777(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 3:02:03 AM
NessXPoo-M2 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
NessXPoo-M2 posted...

By good i mean better than the rest(obviously). Sure it was a fight with attack patterns but the music, which was awesome i might add, and over all the design of the boss was clearly one of the best looking bosses in the game. And the camera was not horrible. Try comparing the camera angle to dmc1, 2, or 3 and THEN try saying that this one is bad. :)

I did, it is. Zooming out, is a bad idea
---
I love my fans...too bad most of them aren't the good kind :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#19SiLVeR_420Posted 4/29/2013 3:16:00 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
NessXPoo-M2 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
NessXPoo-M2 posted...

I did, it is. Zooming out, is a bad idea

That only works when you have beautiful background scenery.

Unfortunately for DmC UE is incapable of such things unless its in very talented hands. Which NT is not.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#20Psychochild27Posted 4/29/2013 5:12:42 AM(edited)
FireMage7777 posted...
is Bob Barbas. How was he praised as the best boss?

He's the ultimate example of style over substance and the people who praise DmC only appear to be interested in that in the first place. Thus Bob Barbas is the best boss in the game despite the fact you can replace him with a box of Wheaties and the fight wouldn't change a damn bit.

It's sort of sad that the Hunter is the best boss in the game only because he's such a shameless rip-off of Beowulf that comes and goes in the first mission of the game.

At the same time, Vergil 1 actually has something of a flow to his attack patterns which for its time did a reasonable job of letting me enjoy the fight and feel like it was more of a back and forth duel between you and a human opponent. DMC4, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden 3 RE did it better of course with their duel fights years down the road, but Vergil always felt great to go up against.

DmC Vergil meanwhile either throws a single move out, stops moving, throws a single move out, stops moving, warps just out of sight of the camera so you can't see what attack he's going to come out with and repeat for three minutes straight or he gets caught in a loop where he'll keep clumsily moving around you spawning a sword for 30 seconds because you keep dispatching it with the shotgun.

Nothing takes me out more in a fight than thinking "Did this guy break on me?" at least once every time I fight him.