Worst boss in the game

#21Triguns VashPosted 4/29/2013 1:28:08 PM
Mundus is definitely the worst. At least Bob is unorthodox. Mundus was just boring and simple, especially considering he's supposed to be 'all powerful'.
---
You haven't lived until you've had a coma.
#22Hades192Posted 4/29/2013 1:35:07 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
The Vorgel fight is easily the worst. It's an insult to the Vergil fights from 3.

Made me appreciate the DMC3 fight even more!

Used to think it was BS Vergil dropping from the sky which seemed like an unlimited number of times until he would eventually connect and tear me up.

It's easy to take things for granted in games until you play DmC!
#23caffiend7Posted 4/29/2013 2:23:20 PM
Kids, kids they're all just awful
#24Edward_R_MurrowPosted 4/29/2013 6:42:56 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
Yeah I agree about the cutscenes (was already in my post) but I find the actual fight to be slightly better. Vergil1 leaves himself open after each attack he does, not the always the case with DmC Vergil some moves you have to parry in order for him to be vulnerable because DmC Vergil will block your attacks more than Vergil1.

Sort of. Vergil 1 in DMC3 can't be combo'd after Rapid Slash or the "tutu teleport" attack where he stacks the summoned swords with repeated tricks. I think Vorgil in DmC was mostly the same as far as when I couldn't get a Demon Pull off and wail on him. Could be wrong though. Anyone here feel free to correct me.

Vergil1 also has less attacks.

Not that many fewer.

Vergil 1

-Uppercut Slash (Lone)
-Three Hit Combo (with Uppercut Slash)
-Rapid Slash
-Judgment Cut
-Summoned Swords
*Tutu Teleport
*Blistering Swords
*Spiral Swords

Vorgil

-Rapid Slash
-Dimension Slash
-Judgment Cut (his little circle things)
*Aerial
*Ground
-Helm Breaker
-Starfall
-Summoned Swords (always seems to be in a Blistering pattern)
*Slow build up
*Fast build up
-Doppelganger DT

It's kind of sad when Vergil 1 is comparable to the final boss of DmC on moveset alone without even looking into things where Vergil one comes out far ahead like aggressiveness, propensity for being looped (or lack thereof), overall flow, and whether or not one requires a silly gimmick to end the fight.

Vorgil's better than a lot of action game bosses, and a sight better than the vast majority of bosses in recent games (haven't played Revengeance yet though). But beating the Cardinal Virtues, NG3's Dumbosaur, mostly blaise stuff like Darksiders/Lords of Shadow, or trash like El Shaddai isn't saying much except that action gaminng design standards are in the toilet. Thanks God of War for selling so goddamn much!
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#25darkslayer001Posted 4/29/2013 9:32:16 PM
Edward_R_Murrow posted...
Yeah. He's pretty awful. This is the whole fight:

1. Dodge easy attack patterns.
2.Eryx slam switches.
3. Pound while helpless.
4. Fight Stygians.
5. Repeat 1-4 twice more.

But hey...it, uh, looks cool...maybe....I guess.

all the bosses are terribly programmed. but the Barbas fight was visually good.
#26ScreamingMidgetPosted 4/30/2013 1:35:00 AM
All of them were complete s***.
#27LordKaizerPosted 4/30/2013 5:32:44 AM
Edward_R_Murrow posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
Yeah I agree about the cutscenes (was already in my post) but I find the actual fight to be slightly better. Vergil1 leaves himself open after each attack he does, not the always the case with DmC Vergil some moves you have to parry in order for him to be vulnerable because DmC Vergil will block your attacks more than Vergil1.

Sort of. Vergil 1 in DMC3 can't be combo'd after Rapid Slash or the "tutu teleport" attack where he stacks the summoned swords with repeated tricks. I think Vorgil in DmC was mostly the same as far as when I couldn't get a Demon Pull off and wail on him. Could be wrong though. Anyone here feel free to correct me.

Vergil1 also has less attacks.

Not that many fewer.

Vergil 1

-Uppercut Slash (Lone)
-Three Hit Combo (with Uppercut Slash)
-Rapid Slash
-Judgment Cut
-Summoned Swords
*Tutu Teleport
*Blistering Swords
*Spiral Swords

Vorgil

-Rapid Slash
-Dimension Slash
-Judgment Cut (his little circle things)
*Aerial
*Ground
-Helm Breaker
-Starfall
-Summoned Swords (always seems to be in a Blistering pattern)
*Slow build up
*Fast build up
-Doppelganger DT

It's kind of sad when Vergil 1 is comparable to the final boss of DmC on moveset alone without even looking into things where Vergil one comes out far ahead like aggressiveness, propensity for being looped (or lack thereof), overall flow, and whether or not one requires a silly gimmick to end the fight.

Vorgil's better than a lot of action game bosses, and a sight better than the vast majority of bosses in recent games (haven't played Revengeance yet though). But beating the Cardinal Virtues, NG3's Dumbosaur, mostly blaise stuff like Darksiders/Lords of Shadow, or trash like El Shaddai isn't saying much except that action gaminng design standards are in the toilet. Thanks God of War for selling so goddamn much!

PLAY REVENGEANCE NOW. i can safely say without being ironic that revengeance's bosses are the best bosses in 2013 unless bayonneta 2 got released in the same year or a new game just drop in out of nowhere.
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#28zfair89Posted 4/30/2013 6:15:20 AM
I liked when he called Dante an emo punk. That was a nice touch.
#29PunkMcThrustPosted 4/30/2013 6:31:34 AM
Basically

The presentation of the fight is pretty cool. From the moment you jump into the broadcast tower it's already the coolest thing in the game aside from maybe the nightclub.

Donte actually drops some corny one-liners at him rather than his usual terrible vulgarities that make no sense.

Barbas taunts you back which makes you like him more because you hate Donte and feel Barbas is right about him.

Visually, the fight goes far beyond what I thought the TERRIBLE Unreal Engine 3 was capable of.

The helicopter parts are really cool.

It's a terrible fight but these are the reasons it's the highlight of the game. It's the most memorable sequence by far.
---
Armstrong for President