How is this worse than DMC2?

#1Xtreme65Posted 4/29/2013 1:39:10 AM
I mean from what I've seen the popular opinion is.

DMC3=DMC1
DMC4
DMC2
DmC

DMC2 is arguably the worst HnS game of all time considering you don't even have to swing your sword to win. So yeah I'm actually gonna chalk this up to the hair as there is no real logical reason that DmC can be seen as worse than DMC2.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#2KyryloPosted 4/29/2013 1:43:44 AM
DMC2 isn't worse HnS of all time. Also It brought few innovations to DMC and some bosses were bloody amazing. It had cool soundtrack too. DmC - dumbed down whole franchise, atrocious bosses, no innovations. needless platforming. Also wub.wub.wubness
#3FireMage7777Posted 4/29/2013 1:45:59 AM
At least DMC2 moved the series forward, instead of potentially dooming it
---
I love my fans...too bad most of them aren't the good kind :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#4Xtreme65(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 1:53:44 AM
I will admit that in a way DMC2 was the best thing that happened to the series. (it did try a few things that would turn out exceptionally well later on. It also was a learning experience for developers of what NOT to do.)

But the game itself is still pretty bad. It has almost no redeemable qualities as a stand alone game (though I suspect you shall say the same thing about DmC.)

At least DmC has better upgrades and moves you can actually learn later so there was more to look forward to.

At least DmC had other melee weapons that weren't all the same thing giving you much more combo variety (Eryx is useless though.)

At least you can't spam guns in DmC. Hell at least spamming Demon Dodge/Trinity Smash takes more skill than simply holding the square button.

As for bosses......most of them were still pretty bad but I'll agree that Despair Embodied was pretty cool and is actually one of my more favorite bosses in the series.
---
#5KyryloPosted 4/29/2013 1:57:18 AM
Xtreme65 posted...
I will admit that in a way DMC2 was the best thing that happened to the series. (it did try a few things that would turn out exceptionally well later on. It also was a learning experience for developers of what NOT to do.)

But the game itself is still pretty bad. It has almost no redeemable qualities as a stand alone game (though I suspect you shall say the same thing about DmC.)

At least DmC has better upgrades and moves you can actually learn later so there was more to look forward to.

At least DmC had other melee weapons that weren't all the same thing giving you much more combo variety (Eryx is useless though.)

At least you can't spam guns in DmC. Hell at least spamming Demon Dodge/Trinity Smash takes more skill than simply holding the square button.

As for bosses......most of them were still pretty bad but I'll agree that Despair Embodied was pretty cool and is actually one of my more favorite bosses in the series.

The differense is ....do you really need all that moves in weapons in DmC? it's like "look, we got new moves, and weapons, and, and, and....". And easy dispachable enemies not worth the effort learning combos. I played DMC2 as stand alone game, cause it was my first DMC game, and I fell in love with franchise since than:D
#6NessXPoo-M2Posted 4/29/2013 2:03:13 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

The differense is ....do you really need all that moves in weapons in DmC? it's like "look, we got new moves, and weapons, and, and, and....". And easy dispachable enemies not worth the effort learning combos. I played DMC2 as stand alone game, cause it was my first DMC game, and I fell in love with franchise since than:D

Interesting. I played DmC as a stand alone game, and THATS what got me into the franchise.
#7SiLVeR_420Posted 4/29/2013 2:04:36 AM
Xtreme65 posted...

It set the groundwork for 3 so it has that.

It gave us the ability to play as Trish...although she was still very overpowered making the game easier then it already was.
It also introduced Bloody Palace although it wasn't that interesting.

Better upgrades? I only remember damage upgrades in DmC which was what DMC2 had.

I'll give you the weapons.

Guns do barely anything in DmC. I'll take overpowered E&I to DmCs peashooter version. The design for DmCs guns suck to.

Both Dante's last boss and Lucia's penultimate boss are good. It was like the Dev team suddenly remembered they were making a Devil May Cry game.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#8KyryloPosted 4/29/2013 2:08:08 AM
NessXPoo-M2 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

Interesting. I played DmC as a stand alone game, and THATS what got me into the franchise.

I think If i played DmC as stand alone....It ended up on my may buy or not buy list along with GoW.
#9Xtreme65(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 2:09:00 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

Oh no doubt that some moves are useless. But there are more useful moves in DmC than there are total moves in the entirety of DMC2. Not to mention if we went that route you might as well put Dante's sword down because all you need is Ebony and Ivory in DMC2.

So DMC2 was your first one eh? I can see how that might affect someones opinion. It's kinda like how InuYasha was my first anime. I know there's alot better anime out there but Inu will always have a place in my heart. :D
---
#10KyryloPosted 4/29/2013 2:09:22 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

It set the groundwork for 3 so it has that.

It gave us the ability to play as Trish...although she was still very overpowered making the game easier then it already was.
It also introduced Bloody Palace although it wasn't that interesting.

Better upgrades? I only remember damage upgrades in DmC which was what DMC2 had.

I'll give you the weapons.

Guns do barely anything in DmC. I'll take overpowered E&I to DmCs peashooter version. The design for DmCs guns suck to.

Both Dante's last boss and Lucia's penultimate boss are good. It was like the Dev team suddenly remembered they were making a Devil May Cry game.

Also Trismagia, Nefasturris and that giant goat battle were all pretty good ones:D