How is this worse than DMC2?

#11KyryloPosted 4/29/2013 2:14:01 AM
Xtreme65 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
I will admit that in a way DMC2 was the best thing that happened to the series. (it did try a few things that would turn out exceptionally well later on. It also was a learning experience for developers of what NOT to do.)

But the game itself is still pretty bad. It has almost no redeemable qualities as a stand alone game (though I suspect you shall say the same thing about DmC.)

At least DmC has better upgrades and moves you can actually learn later so there was more to look forward to.

At least DmC had other melee weapons that weren't all the same thing giving you much more combo variety (Eryx is useless though.)

At least you can't spam guns in DmC. Hell at least spamming Demon Dodge/Trinity Smash takes more skill than simply holding the square button.

As for bosses......most of them were still pretty bad but I'll agree that Despair Embodied was pretty cool and is actually one of my more favorite bosses in the series.

The differense is ....do you really need all that moves in weapons in DmC? it's like "look, we got new moves, and weapons, and, and, and....". And easy dispachable enemies not worth the effort learning combos. I played DMC2 as stand alone game, cause it was my first DMC game, and I fell in love with franchise since than:D

Oh no doubt that some moves are useless. But there are more useful moves in DmC than there are total moves in the entirety of DMC2. Not to mention if we went that route you might as well put Dante's sword down because all you need is Ebony and Ivory in DMC2.

So DMC2 was your first one eh? I can see how that might affect someones opinion. It's kinda like how InuYasha was my first anime. I know there's alot better anime out there but Inu will always have a place in my heart. :D

my first anime was Sailor Moon >_> yeah you may laugh, but it was only one animated series on TV back there. As for DMC I played it like DMC2, DMC3, DMC1 and DMC4.
#12SiLVeR_420Posted 4/29/2013 2:16:38 AM
Kyrylo posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
I will admit that in a way DMC2 was the best thing that happened to the series. (it did try a few things that would turn out exceptionally well later on. It also was a learning experience for developers of what NOT to do.)

But the game itself is still pretty bad. It has almost no redeemable qualities as a stand alone game (though I suspect you shall say the same thing about DmC.)

At least DmC has better upgrades and moves you can actually learn later so there was more to look forward to.

At least DmC had other melee weapons that weren't all the same thing giving you much more combo variety (Eryx is useless though.)

At least you can't spam guns in DmC. Hell at least spamming Demon Dodge/Trinity Smash takes more skill than simply holding the square button.

As for bosses......most of them were still pretty bad but I'll agree that Despair Embodied was pretty cool and is actually one of my more favorite bosses in the series.

It set the groundwork for 3 so it has that.

It gave us the ability to play as Trish...although she was still very overpowered making the game easier then it already was.
It also introduced Bloody Palace although it wasn't that interesting.

Better upgrades? I only remember damage upgrades in DmC which was what DMC2 had.

I'll give you the weapons.

Guns do barely anything in DmC. I'll take overpowered E&I to DmCs peashooter version. The design for DmCs guns suck to.

Both Dante's last boss and Lucia's penultimate boss are good. It was like the Dev team suddenly remembered they were making a Devil May Cry game.

Also Trismagia, Nefasturris and that giant goat battle were all pretty good ones:D

Trismagia was the 3 heads guy right? I didn't like that fight because it took longer then it should have.

Bolverk was a pretty good fight to actually..His wolves were annoying though.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#13Xtreme65(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 2:16:49 AM
Off the top of my head you at least had to buy Stinger and trillion stabs in DmC. Also the Damage upgrades were next to useless in DMC2. Now I haven't tested it out in DmC yet but in DMC2 in normal mode a fully upgraded Vendetta only required one less hit to kill one of the skeleton cage guys and it was the same amount of hits with every other sword as well so you basically should only be using the Merciless as that has longer range.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#14SiLVeR_420Posted 4/29/2013 2:21:09 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

The differense is ....do you really need all that moves in weapons in DmC? it's like "look, we got new moves, and weapons, and, and, and....". And easy dispachable enemies not worth the effort learning combos. I played DMC2 as stand alone game, cause it was my first DMC game, and I fell in love with franchise since than:D

Oh no doubt that some moves are useless. But there are more useful moves in DmC than there are total moves in the entirety of DMC2. Not to mention if we went that route you might as well put Dante's sword down because all you need is Ebony and Ivory in DMC2.

So DMC2 was your first one eh? I can see how that might affect someones opinion. It's kinda like how InuYasha was my first anime. I know there's alot better anime out there but Inu will always have a place in my heart. :D

my first anime was Sailor Moon >_> yeah you may laugh, but it was only one animated series on TV back there. As for DMC I played it like DMC2, DMC3, DMC1 and DMC4.

I like Sailor Moon so I won't laugh. It wasn't my first anime. That spot belongs to Trigun.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#15KyryloPosted 4/29/2013 2:45:07 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

It set the groundwork for 3 so it has that.

It gave us the ability to play as Trish...although she was still very overpowered making the game easier then it already was.
It also introduced Bloody Palace although it wasn't that interesting.

Better upgrades? I only remember damage upgrades in DmC which was what DMC2 had.

I'll give you the weapons.

Guns do barely anything in DmC. I'll take overpowered E&I to DmCs peashooter version. The design for DmCs guns suck to.

Both Dante's last boss and Lucia's penultimate boss are good. It was like the Dev team suddenly remembered they were making a Devil May Cry game.

Also Trismagia, Nefasturris and that giant goat battle were all pretty good ones:D

Trismagia was the 3 heads guy right? I didn't like that fight because it took longer then it should have.

Bolverk was a pretty good fight to actually..His wolves were annoying though.

I agree trsimagia was a little annoying. Bolverk was ok. I didn't like fight itself though. But best design in game for boss takes Nefaasturris and Despair.
#16NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/29/2013 3:04:07 AM
Xtreme65 posted...
I mean from what I've seen the popular opinion is.

DMC3=DMC1
DMC4
DMC2
DmC

DMC2 is arguably the worst HnS game of all time considering you don't even have to swing your sword to win. So yeah I'm actually gonna chalk this up to the hair as there is no real logical reason that DmC can be seen as worse than DMC2.

I think the best way to describe it is that while DMC 2 got rather boring after awhile, it didn't have lots of glitches, DMC Dante still resembled and behaved like DMC Dante, DMC Dante didn't have a foul mouth, there wasn't a ton of swearing and there wasn't any sex scenes. In other words, DMC 2 still remained true to the original DMC franchise. There have been fans of DmC that have said that they think DmC is a good game, but it doesn't resemble a DMC game at all.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#17PunkMcThrustPosted 4/29/2013 5:26:02 AM
DMC2 isn't an HnS
Neither is DmC or DMC1 or 3 or 4.

Diablo and Titan Quest are Hack and Slash games. Devil May Cry is character action.
---
Armstrong for President
#18KyryloPosted 4/29/2013 5:43:59 AM
PunkMcThrust posted...
DMC2 isn't an HnS

Diablo and Titan Quest are Hack and Slash games. Devil May Cry is character action.

now we coming up with self made genres? ok.
#19Psychochild27Posted 4/29/2013 8:54:12 AM

I would hope that a game that had two titles before it that pushed each respective system's technical limits would have more moves than the freshman effort on a system that has all of 32 MB of ram to work with. Remember, real time weapon switching to the extent that DMC3 featured it was a massive technical undertaking.

On the flip side, half the time you can't even use guns if you wanted to. Besides feeling and looking awful, nearly half the enemies you stumble across are outright immune to gunfire. Guns should feel intuitive and exciting to use in combat and DMC1/4 really nailed this (And 3 to a lesser extent if you had Gunslinger on). Just because DmC's guns swing hard in the other direction doesn't make it a good design choice.
#20Pesmerga255Posted 4/29/2013 10:21:12 AM
PunkMcThrust posted...
DMC2 isn't an HnS

Citation needed.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!