What is everybody's thoughts on what the message was supposed to be?

#21Werndan101Posted 4/29/2013 10:39:15 PM
The news sucks, soda sucks and banks suck.

Also, anarchists suck because they place too much emphasis on freedom and forget about the demons that lurk within, just waiting to tear stuff up if they're not kept in check.

Yeah, I can agree with all of that. It's just very hamfisted about it and expects us to sympathize with Donte.
---
Need help figuring out components for your gaming PC? Check this.
http://tinyurl.com/falconguide
#22KyryloPosted 4/29/2013 11:09:13 PM
Werndan101 posted...
The news sucks, soda sucks and banks suck.

Also, anarchists suck because they place too much emphasis on freedom and forget about the demons that lurk within, just waiting to tear stuff up if they're not kept in check.

Yeah, I can agree with all of that. It's just very hamfisted about it and expects us to sympathize with Donte.

everything's sucks it depends on perspective. Anarchism is childish crap made out by rebellious teenies with troubled childhood.
#23produnerPosted 4/29/2013 11:18:41 PM
No one understands the game. It is either abortions or freedom.
#24KyryloPosted 4/29/2013 11:19:36 PM
produner posted...
No one understands the game. It is either abortions or freedom.

lol.
#25embrandedonePosted 4/29/2013 11:57:27 PM
That some people should not be allowed near a keyboard, a pen or anything that might help translate their thoughts into a 'story'.

TamTam: Dhuuhururur! I haz keyboar! I bash the keybaord! I write story! Duhurhuurdhurhdur! I iz typing!
---
"Nostalgia Goggles is just an excuse the FPS generation uses to defend their crappy games...like FF13 or RE6"
#26UtaNapishtiPosted 4/30/2013 1:37:18 AM
Well I thought that the message was about the importance of friendship.
#27Ether101(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 10:15:34 AM
Dark_Epathy posted...
No, I'm talking about the real messages that they were trying to convey. Things like how hackers are cowards and weaklings or what not.

Right. Well, posterity, like I said.

One of the problems with your argument is that out side of being a complete jack ass, DINO doesn't show any signs of having a self. He just does what other people want him too.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#28Dark_EpathyPosted 4/30/2013 11:27:37 AM
I wouldn't say that. When he regains his memories, he has ample reason to want to join Vergil's cause, and he doesn't really have a reason to question Vergil's motives at that point. It's not as if he goes along with him brainlessly at the end, either--they do have at it.

Whole game ricks of overblown pathos and baseless ideology, that breaks once you start to think about what happens on monitor.

How is the ideology baseless? Your assumption is that the humans won't be able to defeat the demons, but keep in mind that this is a work of fiction--the humans succeed or fail depending on the inclination of the author. Given the admittedly cheesy Twitter scene, we can presume that the humans are going to fight back. Whether they succeed or fail, considering the open-ended ending, is a question of optimism or pessimism. I'm betting on the game being optimistic.

Now, keep in mind that I'm not trying to get you to agree with this idea. You don't have to buy into "freedom at all costs," because, yes, it is indeed a very romantic notion. But because it's romantic is why I'm willing to embrace it; we need more of that in the world.

However, while you may not agree with it, that's the theme of the game, as far as I can tell. You may or may not think it sucks, but it's there. To dismiss the game as empty and pompous, though it is in parts, seems unfair when it is trying to get a deeper message across.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#29StrelokPosted 4/30/2013 11:40:23 AM
The humans won't be able to defeat demons because the average human is getting his butt whooped by the lowliest of demons.
Guns are practically useless.
Some require very specific weapons to kill, weapons which humans can't use.

Donte doomed humanity, plain and simple.

And there is no "deeper message". It is snobbish, pretentious drivel, which, again, is lower ranked on my list than Naruto x Sasuke fanfics written by 13 year old girls.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#30KyryloPosted 4/30/2013 11:41:20 AM
Dark_Epathy posted...
I wouldn't say that. When he regains his memories, he has ample reason to want to join Vergil's cause, and he doesn't really have a reason to question Vergil's motives at that point. It's not as if he goes along with him brainlessly at the end, either--they do have at it.

Whole game ricks of overblown pathos and baseless ideology, that breaks once you start to think about what happens on monitor.

How is the ideology baseless? Your assumption is that the humans won't be able to defeat the demons, but keep in mind that this is a work of fiction--the humans succeed or fail depending on the inclination of the author. Given the admittedly cheesy Twitter scene, we can presume that the humans are going to fight back. Whether they succeed or fail, considering the open-ended ending, is a question of optimism or pessimism. I'm betting on the game being optimistic.

Now, keep in mind that I'm not trying to get you to agree with this idea. You don't have to buy into "freedom at all costs," because, yes, it is indeed a very romantic notion. But because it's romantic is why I'm willing to embrace it; we need more of that in the world.

However, while you may not agree with it, that's the theme of the game, as far as I can tell. You may or may not think it sucks, but it's there. To dismiss the game as empty and pompous, though it is in parts, seems unfair when it is trying to get a deeper message across.

*looks at remains of city and slaughtered people*....yeaahh it's SOOOOOOOO romantic. we need more of those. Little more such "saving" and rest of the world won'T need any savior at all. GAme is pompous and pathos overfilled. which makes it forced and poor.