What is everybody's thoughts on what the message was supposed to be?

#31Yuber255Posted 4/30/2013 1:27:33 PM
I actually never got how the world is suppose to be more free now either.

Before they were secretly ruled by one demon and as long as you didn't f*** with him you wouldn't have any problems. Sure he was manipulative but is buying some stupid crap here and there really such a bad deal when we got huge technological and educational boosts while under his rule?

But what do with have now? Millions of demons swarming across the planet at worse your choices now are to be eaten, raped, possed or maybe all the above, at best you'll end up ruled by another demon and there's no way of knowing if he'll be more kind or way worse than Mundus and with all the other demons out there your ruler might change every day.

One day you're ruled by Groin Kick Embodied, the next Amon and then the next Klyge God of S'mores s***'s pure madness.

So what are your "freedoms" in this world? Fight or serve a demon master and hope he's not that cruel seems to be basically it.
---
Son of the Legendary Troll Knight Shatter
#32AlexxShadenk777Posted 4/30/2013 1:32:11 PM
There was only one message: anarchy is good.
Besides that, they just tried to make an original game (which they didn't) with badass gameplay (debateable) and interesting level design (the only undeniable success).
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#33Dark_EpathyPosted 4/30/2013 5:14:45 PM
Sure he was manipulative but is buying some stupid crap here and there really such a bad deal when we got huge technological and educational boosts while under his rule?

Did you see the interior of Mundus' tower? The multitude of human souls caught in perpetual torment? The furnace where ragdoll souls are flying up in the air probably by the hundreds, if not thousands? Mundus was raising sheep, in all senses of the word. The people were brainwashed and blind, completely at his mercy whenever he decided to throw the next batch into the oven and reap whatever benefits they brought him.

His rule was orderly, sure. But whatever life the people had was dictated by his whim and fancy.

I'm not saying there isn't a power vacuum to fill, but at least the humans can fight back.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#34Dark_EpathyPosted 4/30/2013 5:21:43 PM
The humans won't be able to defeat demons because the average human is getting his butt whooped by the lowliest of demons.

Based on what evidence? We never see any regular humans going up against any demons. Limbo is no more at the end of the game, and the demons are out in the open. Kat's Wiccan magic was effective against the Hunter--who's to say it can't be replicated and taught?

*looks at remains of city and slaughtered people*....yeaahh it's SOOOOOOOO romantic. we need more of those. Little more such "saving" and rest of the world won'T need any savior at all. GAme is pompous and pathos overfilled. which makes it forced and poor.

That's not what I meant. The idea of freedom and human strength is romantic. That the perspective on such a bleak situation is one of hope is what's romantic. That's what I'm saying we need--faith and optimism in people.

Now, I never claimed it was presented well, either. But the theme is there.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#35Rising_shadowPosted 4/30/2013 5:27:45 PM
Considering Donte's guns take forever and a day to kill the lowliest mook we can extrapolate other firearms are just as useless. Unless mankind is willing to bomb itself into submission by in-city fighting that will inevitably kill millions, they're screwed. And then the coloured mobs appear and everyone dies because screw logic dammit, they can only be hurt by specific weapons for some reason.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#36Yuber255Posted 4/30/2013 5:44:34 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
Sure he was manipulative but is buying some stupid crap here and there really such a bad deal when we got huge technological and educational boosts while under his rule?

Did you see the interior of Mundus' tower? The multitude of human souls caught in perpetual torment? The furnace where ragdoll souls are flying up in the air probably by the hundreds, if not thousands? Mundus was raising sheep, in all senses of the word. The people were brainwashed and blind, completely at his mercy whenever he decided to throw the next batch into the oven and reap whatever benefits they brought him.

His rule was orderly, sure. But whatever life the people had was dictated by his whim and fancy.

I'm not saying there isn't a power vacuum to fill, but at least the humans can fight back.

Yeah actually I forgot about that...

I still don't see how DmC ending gives people anymore freedom though since instead of 1 demon king doing that now the world is filled with millions of demons who could do worse in a million different ways no less.

I mean I suppose your mind is more free because now you know about all this stuff but whereas before you might get your soul taken eventually and in an orderly fashion now it could be taken at any moment so wouldn't the fear of this world actually cause people to be less free? What normal person with no demon fighting skills would want to go on vacation when you might run into a Cthulhu-like sea demon or anywhere other than to get supplies for that matter?

This makes me feel that by freeing people from Mundus' control Dante and Vergil inadvertently trapped humanity in a way worse, way more chaotic imprisonment and this time they're not even blissfully naive of it either.

I mean take your sheep example for instance before we were sheep with just one master but now that he's dead sure we can leave the pin but we're still sheep just now there's a million masters some maybe even worse than the old master who have new unspeakable plans for you.
---
#37Yuber255Posted 4/30/2013 5:50:18 PM
Oh yeah and I'm not actually arguing that humanity can't fight back simply that I don't see how they're more free now at all.

Their only choices now seem to be fight, serve if it's an option or die which when I think about it does kind screw over the average person who can barely fight another human let alone a demon, their choice is only either serve or die O.O

Yeah I seriously don't see how they're more free now lol.
---
#38Yuber255Posted 4/30/2013 6:19:17 PM
And you know what? I've been thinking about it and I think I do agree that humanity's pretty outmatched when fighting against demons.

i mean sure we have organized military forces and demon hunters but I think the average man is pretty f***ed. When I moved into this my new house a big ass wolf spider came out of the vent and it took me like 3 hours to kill than damned thing. Now imagine me fighting an 8 foot tall spider demon... yeah I'm pretty dead in this situation lol.

I've been thinking even the weakest of enemies that we laugh at in-game would be boss level to the average inexperienced Joe. Like take a death knight for example yeah not even a hell knight, lets even take the demon weapon requirement out of it WTF do I do against this guy?

Hit his shield with a brick? Probably not strong enough to break it. He does his stupid laugh at me.
Shoot him with a shotgun? He'd just block that with the shield and do his stupid laugh again.
Hell even if I bought a proper axe my human strength still probably wouldn't break his shield.

And keep in mind that even if you finally do manage to break his shield it only takes one swipe to kill you... and with my relatively crappy trickster skillz even with his long telegraphs I'm not gonna last long...

So I'm thinking even if we do win we're gonna lose ALOT of people...

And all three of these would be one post if I could edit btw.
---
#39NostalgiaRulesPosted 5/1/2013 2:29:16 AM
DmC sent a message? What was it?
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#40SilentS89Posted 5/1/2013 9:05:20 AM
Clearly, the message is that literal HELL ON EARTH is preferable to banks and soda.
---
"The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called aglets. Their true purpose is sinister!" ~The Question