What is everybody's thoughts on what the message was supposed to be?

#41KyryloPosted 5/1/2013 9:09:32 AM
NostalgiaRules posted...
DmC sent a message? What was it?

Abortion or life! decision: NEITHER! OLE!
#42Dark_EpathyPosted 5/1/2013 11:07:08 AM
This makes me feel that by freeing people from Mundus' control Dante and Vergil inadvertently trapped humanity in a way worse, way more chaotic imprisonment and this time they're not even blissfully naive of it either.

I think you're considering "freedom" too literally here. The humans are free in that they can now decide how to live their lives. They are in an immediately worse situation--there's no denying that--but now they can actually choose to fight back and live on their own terms. The ending is optimistic--or, well, Dante is--that the humans can fight back against the demons and succeed.

It's not so much about guns and conventional weaponry. If the humans can organize themselves, make use of magic the way Kat does, who's to say they wouldn't be able to make an effective offensive against the demons who, likewise, no longer have a leader? And I don't doubt Dante would in fact begin a movement, inspiring hope for the people and showing them they have a chance.

Also, I wouldn't consider the in-game effectiveness of Dante's weaponry as concrete evidence of anything. We all know that gameplay doesn't equate to canon, at least for most games, and that applies here to DmC.

Consider also how a single sniper bullet kills Mundus' spawn in the real world. It's possible Limbo's absence has potentially weakened the demons, as well.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#43KyryloPosted 5/1/2013 11:39:48 AM
Dark_Epathy posted...
This makes me feel that by freeing people from Mundus' control Dante and Vergil inadvertently trapped humanity in a way worse, way more chaotic imprisonment and this time they're not even blissfully naive of it either.

I think you're considering "freedom" too literally here. The humans are free in that they can now decide how to live their lives. They are in an immediately worse situation--there's no denying that--but now they can actually choose to fight back and live on their own terms. The ending is optimistic--or, well, Dante is--that the humans can fight back against the demons and succeed.

It's not so much about guns and conventional weaponry. If the humans can organize themselves, make use of magic the way Kat does, who's to say they wouldn't be able to make an effective offensive against the demons who, likewise, no longer have a leader? And I don't doubt Dante would in fact begin a movement, inspiring hope for the people and showing them they have a chance.

Also, I wouldn't consider the in-game effectiveness of Dante's weaponry as concrete evidence of anything. We all know that gameplay doesn't equate to canon, at least for most games, and that applies here to DmC.

Consider also how a single sniper bullet kills Mundus' spawn in the real world. It's possible Limbo's absence has potentially weakened the demons, as well.

and consider how pissed off mundus kills entire city by whim. and yeah, like if Dante can fly in the light of speed in any corner of the earth. now let's be realistic. the only way it's possible it is if they build some forced plot where he by miracle whipes off in one hit all demons.
#44Yuber255Posted 5/1/2013 11:48:31 AM
Dark_Epathy posted...

But how are they more free to live their lives on their own terms in a world where the only choices are to either fight the demons, serve the demons or die?

Always wanted to be a pro NBA player but even though you've always had the skills you were held back by Mundus' puppeteer-like control on your life? Well now you can choose to do that... or not... because Shaq's demonic brethren have come from hell and eaten all the human players. In fact your old dead end cubicle job isn't even an option anymore either since that place is now the den of a hive of 12 foot tall chainsaw wielding wasp demons.

And let's just say that the humans do eventually win, now we have yet another power vacuum on our hands, who takes Mundus' place now, Dante? Or maybe we don't have a demon king at all and the humans just rule themselves. Yeah humans who have now spent years mastering all kinds of magics and fighting demons? Yep that's pretty much gonna turn into a big ol' infight until either they all wipe themselves out or only the strongest human badass survives and effectively becomes a human demon king.

I dunno maybe I am thinking about this too literally like you said lol.

Or it might just be because I'm a long time fan of the Devilman manga where after humanity becomes aware of demons they pretty much turn on each other since anyone could be a demon while the demons pretty much make them their b****es.

But when it comes down to it were there a DmC2 it could very well start with I dunno angels wiping out all the demons with some angel superweapon and that's that.

Of course then we'd have to deal with super orderly angel douches bogarding their authority in everything... damn I'm pessimistic... I think that's what it is I'm just too damn pessimistic about all this lol.
---
Son of the Legendary Troll Knight Shatter
#45SilentS89Posted 5/1/2013 11:51:46 AM
Yuber255 posted...
damn I'm pessimistic... I think that's what it is I'm just too damn pessimistic about all this lol.

It is a little difficult to be optimistic about hell on earth.

Let's look at the bright side of HELL ON EARTH.

At least it isn't EARTH ON HELL right?
---
"The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called aglets. Their true purpose is sinister!" ~The Question
#46Dark_EpathyPosted 5/1/2013 12:05:03 PM
damn I'm pessimistic... I think that's what it is I'm just too damn pessimistic about all this lol.

Ha. Well, I'm not trying to preach. Vergil essentially echoes what you described--he doesn't have faith in humankind, and he assumes they'll blow themselves up. And it's not wrong to think that way; human history is very unpleasant, disgusting, and vile, certainly. I don't blame you or anyone else for considering the worst circumstances.

I think by having Dante defeat Vergil and take responsibility for helping (not ruling) the humans, the game is suggesting a greater faith in humankind--faith that the humans won't blow themselves up or make the situation worse than how it was under Mundus. It won't be easy, and there's no glossing over the tremendous difficulty now facing the world, but the idea is pretty beautiful, I think: if we can choose, if we can live on our own terms, there's a chance for change.

It's particularly why I'd like to see a DmC2, if only to see how the writers (whoever they'd be) handle the situation.
---
#47KyryloPosted 5/1/2013 2:40:54 PM
okay. so OP keeps ignoring me, or maybe he was one of those who break and added me on ignore list XD Either way. None of his point are valid, since I named his mine and he did nothing but pretend he didn't heard.
#48Dark_EpathyPosted 5/1/2013 7:20:12 PM
Why would the OP ignore you? Aren't you guys antis? I guess that's kind of stereotypical of me, but I don't see why he'd block you.
---
#49Malus_X6Posted 5/1/2013 7:59:20 PM
Why would the OP ignore you? Aren't you guys antis? I guess that's kind of stereotypical of me, but I don't see why he'd block you.

Some antis, while against this game, sometimes have different viewpoints about things. Usually there's a screening process. As you can see, someone clearly deserves a firing without severance pay.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#50Ether101(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 1:44:50 PM(edited)
Kyrylo posted...
okay. so OP keeps ignoring me, or maybe he was one of those who break and added me on ignore list XD Either way. None of his point are valid, since I named his mine and he did nothing but pretend he didn't heard.

Or maybe, and this is just a maybe, I haven't visited this topic for a good long while?

Plus, I'm not Werndan101. It's clear that you've been driven mad by glimpsing my sublime magnificence so I forgive you for this understandable mistake.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.