DMC4 arguement is moot.

#51geneocide(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 1:06:13 PM
Yuber255 posted...
I don't even call what you did in DMC4 backtracking it was literally just walking in reverse with a different dude. Suppose that is still backtracking but... let me explain.

Imo there are 2 types of backtracking the 1st is the type DMC1 and 3 had where generally when going over an old place it's to get to a new place using a new item/move you've acquired or to just find items you can get using your new item/move.

This kind of backtracking is usually seen in Metroid-style games and I actually like it as it makes the world feel less linear and more realistic imo.

The other type of "backtracking" is DMC4's which would be like if part way through Super Metroid you played a different person and just went to all the places Samus just went and fought the same bosses again but in reverse. I hate this kind of "backtracking" as it's clearly just a cheap way to pad out the game without making new resources.

I can give you this. But Dev time was cut and Dante was "Cleaning" Neros mess.

SiLVeR_420 posted...
5hadows posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
If DMC5 happens, Kamiya won't be the one doing it. And I'm happy for that

The sequels might have been better, but they already had taken the basic formula from Kamiya, besides Itsuno almost destroyed the series with 2, he had then a lot of time and feedback to produce 3 and then keep the formula for 4.

Had Kamiya been in charge of the series from 1 up to now we might have gotten games just as good as the ones Itsuno did and maybe even not get this reboot from NT.

Itsuno came onto DMC2 very late in its development.

If Kamiya was in charge we wouldn't be playing Dante. It would have been either his son or daughter.

This^ I believe the argosax was actually one of Itsunos only things added in. But the argosax was one of the better bosses.
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#52Yuber255Posted 4/30/2013 1:42:48 PM
geneocide posted...
Yuber255 posted...
I don't even call what you did in DMC4 backtracking it was literally just walking in reverse with a different dude. Suppose that is still backtracking but... let me explain.

Imo there are 2 types of backtracking the 1st is the type DMC1 and 3 had where generally when going over an old place it's to get to a new place using a new item/move you've acquired or to just find items you can get using your new item/move.

This kind of backtracking is usually seen in Metroid-style games and I actually like it as it makes the world feel less linear and more realistic imo.

The other type of "backtracking" is DMC4's which would be like if part way through Super Metroid you played a different person and just went to all the places Samus just went and fought the same bosses again but in reverse. I hate this kind of "backtracking" as it's clearly just a cheap way to pad out the game without making new resources.

Yep which makes me wonder how the game would have turned out with more Dev time... (they should make a DMC4SE with a completely new Dante scenario as per the original plan, you'd think it too late but with the whole DmC fallout something like this would probably be welcome now)

Kinda funny but now that I think about it Nero's part even had some of the better DMC1 and 3 style "backtracking to get to new places" in it most noticeable in the snowy castle so I'm willing to believe that Dante's"let's do things in reverse backtracking" was due to time.
---
Son of the Legendary Troll Knight Shatter
#53geneocide(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 1:49:50 PM
Yuber255 posted...
geneocide posted...
Yuber255 posted...

Yep which makes me wonder how the game would have turned out with more Dev time... (they should make a DMC4SE with a completely new Dante scenario as per the original plan, you'd think it too late but with the whole DmC fallout something like this would probably be welcome now)

Kinda funny but now that I think about it Nero's part even had some of the better DMC1 and 3 style "backtracking to get to new places" in it most noticeable in the snowy castle so I'm willing to believe that Dante's"let's do things in reverse backtracking" was due to time.

It was..... And Honestly I would love a DMC4SE with turbo mode, crazy combos, a deeper Nero moveset multiple costumes and a character select for each chapter. Honestly that would get the greatest game ever. But it being capcom that would never happen and it is saddening that DMC4 had to have a cut Dev time.
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#54SiLVeR_420Posted 4/30/2013 1:51:01 PM
geneocide posted...
Yuber255 posted...

SiLVeR_420 posted...
5hadows posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
If DMC5 happens, Kamiya won't be the one doing it. And I'm happy for that

The sequels might have been better, but they already had taken the basic formula from Kamiya, besides Itsuno almost destroyed the series with 2, he had then a lot of time and feedback to produce 3 and then keep the formula for 4.

Had Kamiya been in charge of the series from 1 up to now we might have gotten games just as good as the ones Itsuno did and maybe even not get this reboot from NT.

Itsuno came onto DMC2 very late in its development.

If Kamiya was in charge we wouldn't be playing Dante. It would have been either his son or daughter.

This^ I believe the argosax was actually one of Itsunos only things added in. But the argosax was one of the better bosses.

Despair Embodied was when it felt like they suddenly remembered they were making a Devil May Cry. Also Possessed Arius which is Lucia's penultimate boss. Her last boss sucks.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.