On scale

#41Sephivengeance9Posted 4/30/2013 3:02:24 PM
nukeboysback posted...
Lord_Mizer posted...
nukeboysback posted...
Lord_Mizer posted...
nukeboysback posted...
You guys here are hilarious. DMC always had s*** writing. I guess because the game is old you look for any random reason to complain.

I love this excuse.

"B-But...DMC never had the greatest writing, so that makes DmC's better by default. We should always settle for that."

Next you'll say that DMC was first released in 99...oh wait.

I never once said that. It's just idiotic and hypocritical to complain about DmC's writing when the rest of the franchise's writing was just as bad. Get DMC off of your imaginary pedestal.

No...it's more idiotic to defend DmC's disappointing writing by going after the original series writing as if that was something to accomplish. Especially since NT was hired to do this for their "remarkable writing skills."

Looks like they've succeeded...nah, I don't think so.

Plain and simple. You guys are complaining about DmC's bad writing. Sure it was sub par. But why are you acting as if the rest of the series writing wasn't just as bad? The only difference between DMC's writing and DmC's writing, were a couple of F bombs.

The simple answer is, they're not acting like it was better. the fact of the matter is that a large majority of the writing in the previous games didn't take itself seriously and it was obvious. Sure, there were a few attempts at serious moments, which either came off of cheesy, or just funny. But that was it, no-one bought DMC for the writing, they bought it for the gameplay. The fact that the writing didn't take itself overly seriously most of the time was just a way to get a few cheap laughs from us.

DmC, however, from day-freaking-ONE, was being advertised as a game for the story. They made HUGE promises about the writing, and guess what? None of those promises were delivered, what everyone got was a very lazily written, and glossed over attempt at writing, which, despite having that going for it STILL had gaping plot-holes all over the place. Couple that with entire scenes of complete nonsense, scenes put in the game for no other reason than "shock value", weak characterizations and bad dialogue, I personally can't help but look at the game and think to myself.

<sarcasm>
"Yes, the story totally made up for the hit the gameplay took."
</sarcasm>
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#42AkumaRyuKenPosted 4/30/2013 3:46:34 PM
I give it a 1, too many plot holes, inconsistencies & overall lack of originality.
---
I'm not the type to die from being killed!
#43Ink-RibbonPosted 4/30/2013 5:40:57 PM
So, I was looking here, I was looking there...

This topic is quite interesting, but it's amazing seeing and reading antis comments. They keep overreacting and saying DmC has the worst story ever made for a game...

Well, and then you'll say nobody takes you seriously. I wonder why. You should do the same.

That being said, the story was quite regular, the dialogue was sometimes weak and bad ( Poison's dialogue was horrible, I'll give you that) and there are some holes regarding plot.

Hey, but then again there were holes in previous games, able to even make The moon being jealous of them! I could even start saying how the hell Dante's "bike" was in the last mission from DMC 2...

I advice you watching more movies, if you really think DmC has the worst story and writing ever made. Uwe Boll is waiting for you, guys.

Albert Pyun, Uwe Boll, Fred Olen Ray, Jim Wynorski, Isaac Florentine...I bet you guys know nothing about movies and you basically jump into the bandwagon, repeating what others are saying.

I miss the refresh concept and news from you, antis. Now please, tell me something new. XD
#44UtaNapishtiPosted 4/30/2013 6:06:12 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...

This topic is quite interesting, but it's amazing seeing and reading antis comments. They keep overreacting and saying DmC has the worst story ever made for a game...

Well, and then you'll say nobody takes you seriously. I wonder why. You should do the same.

That being said, the story was quite regular, the dialogue was sometimes weak and bad ( Poison's dialogue was horrible, I'll give you that) and there are some holes regarding plot.

Hey, but then again there were holes in previous games, able to even make The moon being jealous of them! I could even start saying how the hell Dante's "bike" was in the last mission from DMC 2...

I advice you watching more movies, if you really think DmC has the worst story and writing ever made. Uwe Boll is waiting for you, guys.

Albert Pyun, Uwe Boll, Fred Olen Ray, Jim Wynorski, Isaac Florentine...I bet you guys know nothing about movies and you basically jump into the bandwagon, repeating what others are saying.

I miss the refresh concept and news from you, antis. Now please, tell me something new. XD

0/10

Everyone, we need to watch more ****ty movies if we want to say this game's story sucks. Otherwise, you know nothing about movies

XD
#45Lord_MizerPosted 4/30/2013 6:39:14 PM(edited)
Ink-Ribbon posted...

Ink...no one is sane enough to ever you seriously, so I wouldn't talk if I were you. Trying to say that DMC's writing was bad (which it did get loopy at times) does not detract from DmC's writing. Again, a video game developer that was hired for their "storytelling prowess" and was told to "improve" the writing of the series. When they can't even do that correctly, they deserve to be criticized.

Also, I've no idea why you're bringing up movies and Uwe Boll as if it was something to be proud of. Uwe Boll is not good at making decent movies...at all. You don't need to watch crappy movies just to judge the quality of video game movies...that's just stupid, Ink.

As I said before...

No...it's more idiotic to defend or excuse DmC's disappointing writing by going after the original series writing as if that was something to accomplish. Especially since NT was hired to do this for their "remarkable writing skills."

Now, I know your next response with involve more passive aggressive attacks towards "antis", using the words "Peace and love" and abusing the "XD" emoticon. So I'll just save myself the trouble and avoid another Seinfeldian conversation with you.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#46Yuber255Posted 4/30/2013 6:26:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#47Yuber255Posted 4/30/2013 6:28:06 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...

I just watched Bad Girls From Mars an hour ago and know everyone on your list and I still think DmC has a bad story, what say you?
---
Son of the Legendary Troll Knight Shatter
#48UtaNapishtiPosted 4/30/2013 6:32:13 PM
Lord_Mizer posted...

Also, I've no idea why you bringing up movies and Uwe Boll as if it was something to be proud of. Uwe Boll is not good at making decent movies...at all. You don't need to watch crappy movies just to judge the quality of video game movies...that's just stupid, Ink.

As I said before...

No...it's more idiotic to defend or excuse DmC's disappointing writing by going after the original series writing as if that was something to accomplish. Especially since NT was hired to do this for their "remarkable writing skills."

To add to this, I don't think too many people seriously think DmC has the worst story ever made. It's just like saying, say, Justin Bieber is the worst singer ever. No one would seriously argue that William Hung is a better singer than Bieber. It's just purposeful hyperbole.

HOWEVER, I'd say that as far as video game stories which have intentionally been written as the main selling point and according to the writer were made with a lot of effort go, DmC is the worst. There's tons of half-assed nonsensical stories out there that the writers clearly didn't give a crap about and didn't even try. This is clearly not the case with DmC. It is clear that Tameem genuinely thought that his story was brilliant.
#49largerockPosted 4/30/2013 6:39:01 PM

becuz...

333 = DAYMON NOOM3R

AMIEDGY!?
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#50ZeroX91Posted 4/30/2013 6:44:40 PM
Why the hell isn't Michael Bay on that list Ink?
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429N9zGDugc