On scale

#61smithkakarotPosted 4/30/2013 11:38:59 PM
3edgy5me outta 10
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#62Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 1:00:07 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
So, I was looking here, I was looking there...

This topic is quite interesting, but it's amazing seeing and reading antis comments. They keep overreacting and saying DmC has the worst story ever made for a game...

Well, and then you'll say nobody takes you seriously. I wonder why. You should do the same.

That being said, the story was quite regular, the dialogue was sometimes weak and bad ( Poison's dialogue was horrible, I'll give you that) and there are some holes regarding plot.

Hey, but then again there were holes in previous games, able to even make The moon being jealous of them! I could even start saying how the hell Dante's "bike" was in the last mission from DMC 2...

I advice you watching more movies, if you really think DmC has the worst story and writing ever made. Uwe Boll is waiting for you, guys.

Albert Pyun, Uwe Boll, Fred Olen Ray, Jim Wynorski, Isaac Florentine...I bet you guys know nothing about movies and you basically jump into the bandwagon, repeating what others are saying.

I miss the refresh concept and news from you, antis. Now please, tell me something new. XD

I can only say one thing. Plot of DmC is on par with Alone in the Dark from Uwe Boll: it even has something in common: moving city, invisible monsters and portals ...and OOOH it also featured abused hero from the orphanage. Now we see that Tameem is on pair with da best out there XD
#63Xtreme65Posted 5/1/2013 3:42:48 AM
Just saying, not the worst material out there. Its bad but some I think blow it out of proportion. When rating something objectively (theres that word again) you cant let personal bias get in the way. I understand it butxhered a beloved character but by itself the character isnt really what makes DmCs story bad, its the plot holes and dialogue, and the moral of the story is kinda moot when our "heroes" more or less destroyed the city.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#64Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 5:44:30 AM
Xtreme65 posted...
Just saying, not the worst material out there. Its bad but some I think blow it out of proportion. When rating something objectively (theres that word again) you cant let personal bias get in the way. I understand it butxhered a beloved character but by itself the character isnt really what makes DmCs story bad, its the plot holes and dialogue, and the moral of the story is kinda moot when our "heroes" more or less destroyed the city.

good story is the one without plotholes. Without bad written dialogues and without absurd ending. Cause it kinda ruins any good ideas behind it. Claiming that it's higher level than film Transformers....I dunno. basically they on pair.
#65TheDromaderPosted 5/1/2013 6:15:21 AM(edited)
I give it a Tameem out of Shakespear.

Or 1 out of 10 if you will.

I trully think this is the worst story and characterisation I have ever saw in a video game that tries to have a story (thats just so no nuke can complain about Tetris). I was going to give it a 2 for atleast being funny in how bad it is, but then I remembered all the times they tried to be intentionally funny and failed. If you make Jill sandwitch legit, then get out of town.

DMC used to be better than this, by a lot. It had corny (but intentionally funny, aside from the LIGHT, but hey, that was THE FIRST GAME OUT OF FOUR NOW, stuff got better) dialogue, and a simple (but FUNCTIONAL) story, but its the characterisation that really put it above average level. The personalities, the designs, the backstories, the chemistry between everyone, even in the frigin bosses who you see just once, it was genius. It actually presented some really well thought out messages without shoving them in your face, like you are who you make yourself to be, not who you are born as (Trish), or that the entire race of beings cant just be evil because of a lot of bad apples (Sparda). It wasnt too complex, but it never NEEDED to be, it always knew what it wanted to be and it was near perfect in that. And for people complaining it was too much like an anime instead of Metal Gear or God knows what else:

NO. F****NG. DUH. Thats what it is, and it was proven to be the best AS it (DMC3 and 4). Go play Heavenly Sword or something if you want people trying hard to make another Citizen Kane, this is obviously not a place for you, THIS IS CUHRAYYYYZE TOWN.

This is seriously what pisses me off, peple wanting to saturate everything, make everything the same nitty-gritty bullcrap. Let games have theyr own personalties damnit.
---
Dont speak, just PARTY!