Script comparison.

#1nukeboysbackPosted 4/30/2013 1:08:20 PM
Random kids got their feelings hurt when confronted with the truth. Hopefully the majority doesn't feel the same. I believe in terms of writing DmC's was just as bad as the original, minus a couple of F bombs.

DMC 1: 'Hmpph! Flock of feather face!
'I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with lightttttt!'
'Hmpph! Lets rock baby! (Coming from a grown man)

DMC 2: (flips coin like a douche) 'hmpph! Look like its your lucky day!'
'Hmpph! Every hero has a weakness!'

DMC 3: 'Craaaazzzzyy!' (Again coming from a grown man)
'Hmpph! Looks like this is gonna be one hell of a party!

DMC 4: 'First I whip it out, then I thrust it, with great force. Every angle, it penetrates. Until, with great strength, I ram it in. In the end, we're all satisfied'!
'Hmpph! I think you'll blush a pretty pink when I kick your ass!

Anyway, it's cool to hate the game for its gameplay, but for the script? That's a bit hypocritical in my opinion.
#2Pesmerga255Posted 4/30/2013 1:15:15 PM
Keep this **** in one topic.

You also seem to be forgetting that the writer said that DmC would prove that video game stories aren't trite.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3produnerPosted 4/30/2013 1:16:46 PM
Mark as off-topic.
#4StrelokPosted 4/30/2013 1:16:54 PM
Not to mention that this games script is even more awful because the ENTIRE THING is terrible, not just one or two lines.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#5Lord_MizerPosted 4/30/2013 1:17:20 PM
TC, it sounds like you're still trying to excuse DmC's writing by attacking the original series writing.

That doesn't work like that... especially since NT was hired to "improve" the story in the first place with their "great storytelling."
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#6SiLVeR_420Posted 4/30/2013 1:17:20 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

You also seem to be forgetting that the writer said that DmC would prove that video game stories aren't trite.

Even though a Japanese man did that years ago in 1998.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#7Pesmerga255Posted 4/30/2013 1:17:38 PM
produner posted...
Mark as off-topic.

Disruptive posting and specify that he's flooding the board. That's what I'm going to do if he continues to make topics.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#8Hades192Posted 4/30/2013 1:19:00 PM
nukeboysback posted...
Random kids got their feelings hurt when confronted with the truth. Hopefully the majority doesn't feel the same. I believe in terms of writing DmC's was just as bad as the original, minus a couple of F bombs.

DMC 1: 'Hmpph! Flock of feather face!
'I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with lightttttt!'
'Hmpph! Lets rock baby! (Coming from a grown man)

DMC 2: (flips coin like a douche) 'hmpph! Look like its your lucky day!'
'Hmpph! Every hero has a weakness!'

DMC 3: 'Craaaazzzzyy!' (Again coming from a grown man)
'Hmpph! Looks like this is gonna be one hell of a party!

DMC 4: 'First I whip it out, then I thrust it, with great force. Every angle, it penetrates. Until, with great strength, I ram it in. In the end, we're all satisfied'!
'Hmpph! I think you'll blush a pretty pink when I kick your ass!

Anyway, it's cool to hate the game for its gameplay, but for the script? That's a bit hypocritical in my opinion.

Too little, too late Hero!
#9produnerPosted 4/30/2013 1:19:56 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
produner posted...
Mark as off-topic.

Disruptive posting and specify that he's flooding the board. That's what I'm going to do if he continues to make topics.

His topics are **** to begin with. He doesn't understand the criteria behind good writing and picks the worst lines instead of highlighting the whole script and plot.
#10AkanesasusoraPosted 4/30/2013 1:20:16 PM
Are you seriously trying to prove that DMC as a whole has terrible writing by picking out a pair of lines from each game? lolokay

Also, this.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7kgu0LGm21qgtcg1o1_500.gif