Script comparison.

#31Lord_MizerPosted 4/30/2013 2:02:23 PM
Ahem, TC.

That doesn't work like that... especially since NT was hired to "improve" the story in the first place with their "great storytelling."
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#32SiLVeR_420Posted 4/30/2013 2:05:58 PM
nukeboysback posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
nukeboysback posted...
Yuber255 posted...

Not when they try to make it a selling point.

While they did make it a selling point, that's what business's do. They embellish to further their product. I doubt people really expected DmC's writing to be ground breaking. I just think its silly to complain about DmC's writing when the previous installments writing was just as lame.

The previous games didn't make the story a selling point like NT did. What part of that are you not understanding?
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#33nukeboysback(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 2:07:23 PM
Yuber255 posted...
nukeboysback posted...
Yuber255 posted...
Didn't I just read a post where you said basically this same thing but shorter somewhere else?

What did you make this topic just to ensure that everyone lay witness to your gloriously wisdom? lol.

DMC1-4 were going for a more cheesy script and as a cheesy script for the most part they were good on that level. I mean you don't come into Army of Darkness expecting its story to wow you do you? But it works for what its trying to do and anymore story would have probably ruined it.

Now the problem with DmC's story is even on a cheesy level it sucks, it's the difference between Army of Darkness and Man with the Screaming Brain both are cheesy but one is a lower grade stinky kind of cheese.

But on top of this it tries to take itself more seriously to be... edgy and it sucks as an edgy more serious story too.

It also tries to have a moral but that's also handled terribly.

(DMC) So what you're left with is a story that works because while not the best by far never tries to take itself seriously and works for what it is.

vs.

(DmC) a story that wants you to take it and its characters seriously and while at the same time still tries to be cheesy but fails on both accounts.

If you are going to try and be sarcastic, I think you should learn how to first, the second sentence was horrible...

Anyway, kids whine about the script being bad I agree it was bad. However, it's makes no sense to whine about the script when the entire series was bad. Sure Tameen said the game was going to be 'Shakespearean' but that was simple embellishing to sell the product, no one expected that. Also, once was it said that DmC was supposed to be taken seriously, I don't know why most of you guys keep making that up. It's ok to hate the game because of the look and gameplay, but it's simply hypocritical to hate because of the script.

You give me a lesson on sarcasm then make a paragraph that has nothing to do with what I posted...

Where did I say anything about Shakespearean or what Tameem said? DmC is clearly a more serious game and it fails at it while the old ones are more cheesy and they succeed at that. Read better please.

And I thought my sarcasm was exquisite btw...

Your sarcasm had promise, but the grammar threw off its charm and cynical effect.

I disagree I believe my post responded to everything younposted. Saying that DmC is a more serious game is clearly your opinion, I think it's just as cheesy as the other DMC's. I brought up what Tameen said simply because, people are using the fact that he said that it was going to be shakesperan, as a reason to complain about the writing of DmC. That's called embellishing, and most, if not all businessman do it.
#34produnerPosted 4/30/2013 2:10:01 PM
nukeboysback posted...
Yuber255 posted...
nukeboysback posted...
Yuber255 posted...
Didn't I just read a post where you said basically this same thing but shorter somewhere else?

What did you make this topic just to ensure that everyone lay witness to your gloriously wisdom? lol.

DMC1-4 were going for a more cheesy script and as a cheesy script for the most part they were good on that level. I mean you don't come into Army of Darkness expecting its story to wow you do you? But it works for what its trying to do and anymore story would have probably ruined it.

Now the problem with DmC's story is even on a cheesy level it sucks, it's the difference between Army of Darkness and Man with the Screaming Brain both are cheesy but one is a lower grade stinky kind of cheese.

But on top of this it tries to take itself more seriously to be... edgy and it sucks as an edgy more serious story too.

(DMC) So what you're left with is a story that works because while not the best by far never tries to take itself seriously and works for what it is.

vs.

(DmC) a story that wants you to take it and its characters seriously and while at the same time still tries to be cheesy but fails on both accounts.

If you are going to try and be sarcastic, I think you should learn how to first, the second sentence was horrible...

Anyway, kids whine about the script being bad I agree it was bad. However, it's makes no sense to whine about the script when the entire series was bad. Sure Tameen said the game was going to be 'Shakespearean' but that was simple embellishing to sell the product, no one expected that. Also, once was it said that DmC was supposed to be taken seriously, I don't know why most of you guys keep making that up. It's ok to hate the game because of the look and gameplay, but it's simply hypocritical to hate because of the script.

You give me a lesson on sarcasm then make a paragraph that has nothing to do with what I posted...

Where did I say anything about Shakespearean or what Tameem said? DmC is clearly a more serious game and it fails at it while the old ones are more cheesy and they succeed at that. Read better please.

Your sarcasm had promise, but the grammar threw off its charm and cynical effect.

I disagree I believe my post responded to everything younposted. Saying that DmC is a more serious game is clearly your opinion, I think it's just as cheesy as the other DMC's. I brought up what Tameen said simply because, people are using the fact that he said that it was going to be shakesperan, as a reason to complain about the writing of DmC. That's called embellishing, and most, if not all businessman do it.

You have yet to bring any factual or objective point of view about DMC's writing.
#35nukeboysback(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 2:10:28 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
nukeboysback posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
nukeboysback posted...
Yuber255 posted...

While they did make it a selling point, that's what business's do. They embellish to further their product. I doubt people really expected DmC's writing to be ground breaking. I just think its silly to complain about DmC's writing when the previous installments writing was just as lame.

The previous games didn't make the story a selling point like NT did. What part of that are you not understanding?

It's called embellishing what point of that aren't you understanding? Just because the story/script was used as a selling point doesn't mean that its cool to hate on the writing while acting as if DMC's writing was that much better. That's called being a hypocrite...
#36rockman11_zPosted 4/30/2013 2:11:07 PM
Guys, me and Naoto-chan are getting married soon. You're all invited.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#37Yuber255Posted 4/30/2013 2:11:26 PM
nukeboysback posted...
Yuber255 posted...
nukeboysback posted...
Yuber255 posted...

vs.

Yeah "gloriously?" I totally would have fixed that if Gamefaqs would let me edit... -_-
---
Son of the Legendary Troll Knight Shatter
#38nukeboysback(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 2:15:24 PM
produner posted...
nukeboysback posted...
Yuber255 posted...
nukeboysback posted...
Yuber255 posted...

vs.

You have yet to bring any factual or objective point of view about DMC's writing.

Dude dont go mimicking what you hear other users say. I just showed you examples of the script from each game. And even if i haven't provided you with such, neither have you.

Instead of accusing me of not doing so, how about you actually provide that factual or objective view.
#39nukeboysback(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 2:16:54 PM
Yuber255 posted...
nukeboysback posted...
Yuber255 posted...
nukeboysback posted...
Yuber255 posted...

vs.

Yeah "gloriously?" I totally would have fixed that if Gamefaqs would let me edit... -_-

Try using gamefaqs from your phone it's even worse lol!
#40Lord_MizerPosted 4/30/2013 2:27:18 PM
nukeboysback posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
nukeboysback posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
nukeboysback posted...
Yuber255 posted...

It's called embellishing what point of that aren't you understanding? Just because the story/script was used as a selling point doesn't mean that its cool to hate on the writing while acting as if DMC's writing was that much better. That's called being a hypocrite...

No one said DMC's writing was "that much better." Trying to use the whole "DMC's writing was bad too" as a defense for DmC's sub-par writing is a horrible excuse. Are you being willfully blind?

Ninja Theory was hired to do this because of their "storytelling abilities." The story was hyped up as a major selling point. There's no denying that (though you probably will do just that, anyways)

The original series writing was never great in the first place. However, the story or plot was never touted as a selling point...it was the gameplay that had people's attention.

On the other hand, the reboot was made with a stronger emphasis to the story. Why else did you think Capcom brought Ninja Theory on for DmC? For their legendary skills in gameplay matters? I don't think so.

So yeah, when a video game developer who is known for their "storytelling" drop the ball on the supposed element, criticism is allowed.

You making a topic and essentially saying "B-But...DMC never had the greatest writing, so leave DmC's writing alone!" does not excuse that fact.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow