Script comparison.

#41AkanesasusoraPosted 4/30/2013 2:34:51 PM
It's called embellishing what point of that aren't you understanding? Just because the story/script was used as a selling point doesn't mean that its cool to hate on the writing while acting as if DMC's writing was that much better. That's called being a hypocrite...

You don't seem to get it. It is not alright to "embellish" an aspect of something in an attempt to make it sell, then completely fail to deliver on that. That's practically false advertising.

No one in here is saying DMC had great writing. They ARE, however, saying that there's nothing wrong with being angry when something (DMC) is completely changed in an attempt to improve one bad aspect, only for it to fall flat on its face (DmC).

And saying "No one expected it to do what Tameem said" is b******* because it doesn't matter what people expected. Tameem said that DmC "would break the myth that video game stories are trite", and he utterly failed in doing so (if anything, he probably helped to perpetuate it). Whether people thought he'd actually succeed in writing such a story doesn't matter because their thoughts had no affect on the actual writing.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vvdrYfB.jpg
#42RichterB17Posted 4/30/2013 2:40:05 PM
nukeboysback posted...
I disagree I think it's the same minus the F bombs really. Sure the reboot attempted to appeal to a broader audience and failed at that, but nonetheless it's silly to hate the game because of the writing. There really is no difference as shown above.

Of course you'd disagree, but anyway there is a huge difference in tone between the original series and DmC. DmC tries it's hardest to be relevant and takes on an immature look on freedom vs order, and takes on an immature approach on what's cool by turning this Dante in a foul mouthed a****** who bangs strippers in a trailer. This character is supposed to be a mature character, this story is supposed to a mature story for sophisticated adults, but it's writing and it's stances on society are so blatantly immature it's funny.

The tone of the original series was more lighthearted and silly therefore we get goofy lines like "Let's Rock Baby". However in DmC we are supposed to think New Dante is witty and cool, but he comes off as a dumb teenager yelling obscenities like "F*** Nut" or "Donkey Punch" and of course "F*** You". If you don't know what a donkey punch is go look it up.

And you know damn well there are more problems with the game than just it's writing, but the writing is terrible and it's hilarious because they tried so hard to be "better" than the originals and it's worse.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#43prince_nagashPosted 4/30/2013 2:52:49 PM
Can anyone confirm Dante's age in DmC? I heard someone say that he's actually 27.

If this is true, he's almost 30 in DmC with the behaviour of 13 year old.....
#445hadowsPosted 4/30/2013 2:56:45 PM
Hey guys I brought some tomatoes and stones, who is gonna be the first to throw them at tc?

*notices a big pile of human flesh all burnt and full of footmarks all over it*

I'm late again.
---
Ill add something here later....
#45SiLVeR_420Posted 4/30/2013 3:03:20 PM
5hadows posted...
Hey guys I brought some tomatoes and stones, who is gonna be the first to throw them at tc?

I'm late again.

We can throw them anyways. :)
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#465hadowsPosted 4/30/2013 3:12:23 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
5hadows posted...

I'm late again.

We can throw them anyways. :)

Oh my, you're so thoughtful, here you can have the first stone. I've drawn funny faces on each one of them that nukey can realize even inanimate objects are mocking him.

I'll leave the rest of stones here and now I'm off to bake us all some tomato pie.
---
Ill add something here later....
#47nukeboysback(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 4:03:53 PM
Akanesasusora posted...
It's called embellishing what point of that aren't you understanding? Just because the story/script was used as a selling point doesn't mean that its cool to hate on the writing while acting as if DMC's writing was that much better. That's called being a hypocrite...

You don't seem to get it. It is not alright to "embellish" an aspect of something in an attempt to make it sell, then completely fail to deliver on that. That's practically false advertising.

No one in here is saying DMC had great writing. They ARE, however, saying that there's nothing wrong with being angry when something (DMC) is completely changed in an attempt to improve one bad aspect, only for it to fall flat on its face (DmC).

And saying "No one expected it to do what Tameem said" is b******* because it doesn't matter what people expected. Tameem said that DmC "would break the myth that video game stories are trite", and he utterly failed in doing so (if anything, he probably helped to perpetuate it). Whether people thought he'd actually succeed in writing such a story doesn't matter because their thoughts had no affect on the actual writing.

Ok first off, you should never allow a video game to make you angry. Sure I like games, but to allow a piece of fiction to dictate how I feel? Nah I enjoy life to much for that.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with embellishing. If that was the truth, the entire economy would collapse and cease to exist. Embellishing is an important business practice. Name any successful company that doesn't embellish (it doesn't have to be a video game company) and I swear ill apologize, if you want.

Finally, once again despite what Tameen said, it's true the script sucked. However, so did the previous installments. Why does DmC recieve hate for its story? The story was never that good in the first place.
#48nukeboysback(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 4:13:47 PM
RichterB17 posted...
nukeboysback posted...
I disagree I think it's the same minus the F bombs really. Sure the reboot attempted to appeal to a broader audience and failed at that, but nonetheless it's silly to hate the game because of the writing. There really is no difference as shown above.

Of course you'd disagree, but anyway there is a huge difference in tone between the original series and DmC. DmC tries it's hardest to be relevant and takes on an immature look on freedom vs order, and takes on an immature approach on what's cool by turning this Dante in a foul mouthed a****** who bangs strippers in a trailer. This character is supposed to be a mature character, this story is supposed to a mature story for sophisticated adults, but it's writing and it's stances on society are so blatantly immature it's funny.

The tone of the original series was more lighthearted and silly therefore we get goofy lines like "Let's Rock Baby". However in DmC we are supposed to think New Dante is witty and cool, but he comes off as a dumb teenager yelling obscenities like "F*** Nut" or "Donkey Punch" and of course "F*** You". If you don't know what a donkey punch is go look it up.

And you know damn well there are more problems with the game than just it's writing, but the writing is terrible and it's hilarious because they tried so hard to be "better" than the originals and it's worse.

The original DMC featured a superhero pizza eating frat boy who acted as if killing was a game. There was hardly any emotion just silly jokes and halfassed one liners. Original Dante was just as much as an ass as new Dante.

But where do you get that DmC was supposed to be considered a more 'serious' story? Tameen did say something about it being 'Shakespearean' but that doesn't mean it can't be just as goofy and corny as the original. (Which it was)

No one said that new Dante should be witty and cool. Attempting to a broader audience does not mean trying to be more mature or sophisticated. In fact, most casuals are kids who play MW. Look at Kratos, he has no memorable lines but trumps Dante in terms of popularity and sales.

DmC's story was on par with DMC's story. I don't get the confusion.

(By the way, many people say that there are more things wrong with this game besides the writing, well the same could be said for the originals).
#49Rising_shadowPosted 4/30/2013 4:17:12 PM
The original DMC featured a superhero pizza eating frat boy who acted as if killing was a game.

Does anyone really take this troll seriously, even before he wrote this? Is it possible to be this blatant a troll?
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#50Malus_X6Posted 4/30/2013 4:29:17 PM
The original DMC featured a superhero pizza eating frat boy who acted as if killing was a game.

Does anyone really take this troll seriously, even before he wrote this? Is it possible to be this blatant a troll?

No, but it's funny watching him try and fail... It becomes hilarious when he gets owned and CONTINUES trying.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI