C/D: Capcom made DmC to...

#1ShengaliPosted 5/1/2013 11:26:29 AM
C/D: Capcom made DmC to make DMC(4?) look better - Results (102 votes)
Confirm
9.8% (10 votes)
Deny
17.65% (18 votes)
Neutral
2.94% (3 votes)
Stay outta my head!!!
3.92% (4 votes)
Even DMC2 looks better now
65.69% (67 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What do you think? Rumor was NT made a Dante close to classic - anyone who has seen the concept art for that doesn't exactly buy it - and Capcom supposedly pushed them in the other direction.

So why, Capcom? I think that there were so many complaints after DMC4 (lolbacktracking) that Capcom pushed NT to make DmC, as a way to make DMC - most notably DMC4 - look terrific in comparison. Heck, people are even saying that DMC2 looks great, comparatively, and a majority of people used to hate that game!

So, C/D: Capcom had NT make DmC to make DMC look better.

Mods: This poll is regarding DmC & DMC, on the DmC forum. No slights or insults were made towards anyone. So there should be no reason to lock/delete it.
#2SilentS89Posted 5/1/2013 11:49:20 AM
If yes, Mission Successful.

But at what cost?
---
"The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called aglets. Their true purpose is sinister!" ~The Question
#3Dark_EpathyPosted 5/1/2013 11:56:04 AM
No. I can appreciate why some of you try to read into Capcom's decision-making, but this game was little more than an experiment in the interest of grabbing a wider audience. It didn't work. End of story.

You can remark that DMC4 was the highest-selling of the series, but Capcom, ultimately, just wanted more. If they can get a piece of the pie held by CoD and other, more mainstream titles, why shouldn't they try? Well, you guys showed them why they shouldn't. But that was the main reason why they went with DmC--it wasn't part of some conspiracy to enhance a forthcoming DMC game or make the old ones look better.

If it was, I'd actually be inclined to dislike Capcom as much as the rest of you. They would have essentially thrown Ninja Theory to the wolves to make themselves look better. And that's pretty reprehensible, honestly.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#4FireMage7777Posted 5/1/2013 12:18:52 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
No. I can appreciate why some of you try to read into Capcom's decision-making, but this game was little more than an experiment in the interest of grabbing a wider audience. It didn't work. End of story.

You can remark that DMC4 was the highest-selling of the series, but Capcom, ultimately, just wanted more. If they can get a piece of the pie held by CoD and other, more mainstream titles, why shouldn't they try? Well, you guys showed them why they shouldn't. But that was the main reason why they went with DmC--it wasn't part of some conspiracy to enhance a forthcoming DMC game or make the old ones look better.

If it was, I'd actually be inclined to dislike Capcom as much as the rest of you. They would have essentially thrown Ninja Theory to the wolves to make themselves look better. And that's pretty reprehensible, honestly.

Anybody with a brain could've told you that DmC wasn't going to get a piece of that pie
---
I love my fans...too bad most of them aren't the good kind :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#5Nick_KazamaPosted 5/1/2013 12:26:58 PM
"This poll is regarding DmC & DMC, on the DmC forum. No slights or insults were made towards anyone. So there should be no reason to lock/delete it."

Mods - WE DON'T CARE!! WE LUUUUUUUUUUURVE TO MOD THINGS!!! Are you insulting us??? I think you are!! Now I have a valid reason to mod you!!! >:D Now that that's taken care of, I think I see a topic on another board, some one is making an on topic topic about the actual game... MUST MOD IT FOR BEING OFF TOPIC!!!
---
My harem -
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/NIck_Kazama/bunnyharuhi.jpg
#6Shengali(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 12:54:47 PM
Nick_Kazama posted...
"This poll is regarding DmC & DMC, on the DmC forum. No slights or insults were made towards anyone. So there should be no reason to lock/delete it."

Mods - WE DON'T CARE!! WE LUUUUUUUUUUURVE TO MOD THINGS!!! Are you insulting us??? I think you are!! Now I have a valid reason to mod you!!! >:D Now that that's taken care of, I think I see a topic on another board, some one is making an on topic topic about the actual game... MUST MOD IT FOR BEING OFF TOPIC!!!

I lol'd :p
#7Nick_KazamaPosted 5/1/2013 1:02:20 PM
Shengali posted...
Nick_Kazama posted...

I lol'd :p

Haha, and to prove a point! :333

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/NIck_Kazama/media/moderation3copy.jpg.html?sort=3&o=300
---
My harem -
#8TriangleMasherPosted 5/1/2013 1:13:11 PM
SSJ1 Mid Goku was great.

I also like SSJ2 Late Goku too, his melees were fun to string.

come at me mods
---
Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle
http://tinyurl.com/cslynkm
#9Rising_shadowPosted 5/1/2013 1:19:25 PM
Haha, and to prove a point! :333

I want to laugh but the fact is that mods can be that stupid and that actually makes me despair for humanity. Are they hiring Forest Gump to moderate their boards these days?
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#10Nick_KazamaPosted 5/1/2013 1:19:27 PM
TriangleMasher posted...
SSJ1 Mid Goku was great.

I also like SSJ2 Late Goku too, his melees were fun to string.

come at me mods

Mods - LE GASP!!! YOU ARE FLAMING US!!!! WE WILL MOD YOU WITH OUR MODS POWERZZZ!!! *Takes away 3 little "karma" points* BWAHAHAHA!!! TAKE THAT!!!
---
My harem -