C/D: Capcom made DmC to...

#11StrelokPosted 5/1/2013 12:25:46 PM
That thing got overturned right?
RIGHT?
Please don't make my faith in humanity drop any deeper than it already has...
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#12Nick_KazamaPosted 5/1/2013 12:45:56 PM
Strelok posted...
That thing got overturned right?
RIGHT?
Please don't make my faith in humanity drop any deeper than it already has...

I can safely say that it did........................ NOT get overturned! :'D Shows how smart and stuck up the mods here are...
---
My harem -
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/NIck_Kazama/bunnyharuhi.jpg
#13Rising_shadowPosted 5/1/2013 12:52:42 PM
...How the hell did they justify not overturning that? Because seriously, that's not stupidity anymore, that's sheer hubris.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#14StrelokPosted 5/1/2013 11:03:16 PM
If that didn't get overturned by a lead or admin...

I think that my faith in humanity just reached the core of the Earth.
There is no loving God.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
#15KatanaYamato00Posted 5/1/2013 11:40:21 PM
Shengali posted...
What do you think? Rumor was NT made a Dante close to classic - anyone who has seen the concept art for that doesn't exactly buy it - and Capcom supposedly pushed them in the other direction.

So why, Capcom? I think that there were so many complaints after DMC4 (lolbacktracking) that Capcom pushed NT to make DmC, as a way to make DMC - most notably DMC4 - look terrific in comparison. Heck, people are even saying that DMC2 looks great, comparatively, and a majority of people used to hate that game!

So, C/D: Capcom had NT make DmC to make DMC look better.

Mods: This poll is regarding DmC & DMC, on the DmC forum. No slights or insults were made towards anyone. So there should be no reason to lock/delete it.

Actually one concept art in particular does look like the old Dante. And some of the aesthetics are more gothic then what we got in the actual game. Unfortunately, i read in an interview somewhere, that Eshiro told NT not to go too dark and gross with the game (WTH!). So its yet again Capcom denying DMC's original horror aesthetic for...i have no idea.

DMC 4 didn't do anything creative with its backtracking. With DMC 1,2 and 3 at least they changed the level design a bit. With DMC 4 you literally had to backtrack through the same levels all over again.

DMC 4 is just a very lazily put game. Polished in gameplay without doing anything drastically new, but everything else was so bland that not even the gameplay could hide the sheer lack of creativity the team started to show.
#16StrelokPosted 5/2/2013 12:37:09 AM
Yeah, because a different character facing different enemies with alternate solutions to a few puzzles is a 100% carbon copy -_-
---
#17KyryloPosted 5/2/2013 12:49:55 AM
KatanaYamato00 posted...
Shengali posted...
What do you think? Rumor was NT made a Dante close to classic - anyone who has seen the concept art for that doesn't exactly buy it - and Capcom supposedly pushed them in the other direction.

So why, Capcom? I think that there were so many complaints after DMC4 (lolbacktracking) that Capcom pushed NT to make DmC, as a way to make DMC - most notably DMC4 - look terrific in comparison. Heck, people are even saying that DMC2 looks great, comparatively, and a majority of people used to hate that game!

Mods: This poll is regarding DmC & DMC, on the DmC forum. No slights or insults were made towards anyone. So there should be no reason to lock/delete it.

Actually one concept art in particular does look like the old Dante. And some of the aesthetics are more gothic then what we got in the actual game. Unfortunately, i read in an interview somewhere, that Eshiro told NT not to go too dark and gross with the game (WTH!). So its yet again Capcom denying DMC's original horror aesthetic for...i have no idea.

DMC 4 didn't do anything creative with its backtracking. With DMC 1,2 and 3 at least they changed the level design a bit. With DMC 4 you literally had to backtrack through the same levels all over again.

DMC 4 is just a very lazily put game. Polished in gameplay without doing anything drastically new, but everything else was so bland that not even the gameplay could hide the sheer lack of creativity the team started to show.

dark and gross =/= gothic. And of all Dontes I haven't saw single one remotely looking like normal Dante.
#18KatanaYamato00Posted 5/2/2013 1:32:05 AM
Kyrylo: I never said that dark and gross are the same thing nor that both meant that its gothic. Some of the concept art showed more gothic architecture then what was in the actual game.
#19360pagesPosted 5/2/2013 5:41:22 AM
KatanaYamato00 posted...
Shengali posted...

You do realize their development time was cut in half for DMC4. They barely had more than a year to work with.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#20Rising_shadowPosted 5/2/2013 6:46:19 AM
DMC4 was so obviously rushed that the mere fact they managed to put together a good game in half the development time of DmC shows how incapable NT are. Not to mention the amazing gameplay that could have been even better if they added Yamato as a weapon and added extra moves to Dante's styles.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!