C/D: Capcom made DmC to...

#21SiLVeR_420Posted 5/2/2013 8:03:51 AM
Rising_shadow posted...
DMC4 was so obviously rushed that the mere fact they managed to put together a good game in half the development time of DmC shows how incapable NT are. Not to mention the amazing gameplay that could have been even better if they added Yamato as a weapon and added extra moves to Dante's styles.

It was more like a quarter of DmCs development time.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#22Xtreme65Posted 5/2/2013 12:31:43 PM
Nero is still way to boring to play as. If it werent for Dante I'd probably never play it again. So no DmC does not make DMC4 look better. By giving New Dante the grapple hook it actually makes Nero's gameplay look somewhat worse. And even though I have a topic already dedivated to it, no one but Kyrylo has given me a good reason why they think DMC2 is better. (even though the final boss is pretty damn cool.)
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#23StrelokPosted 5/2/2013 12:36:49 PM
Actually no, it makes Nero look good.
Nero can shoot and buster, Donte can't.

And just because YOU don't think those reasons are valid doesn't mean they aren't.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#24darkslayer001Posted 5/2/2013 1:05:21 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
Nero is still way to boring to play as. If it werent for Dante I'd probably never play it again. So no DmC does not make DMC4 look better. By giving New Dante the grapple hook it actually makes Nero's gameplay look somewhat worse. And even though I have a topic already dedivated to it, no one but Kyrylo has given me a good reason why they think DMC2 is better. (even though the final boss is pretty damn cool.)

just a personal gripe, i think the grapple system in DmC is broken.
and i thoroughly enjoy devil bringer. Nero should have gotten more moves and devil arms.
#255hadowsPosted 5/2/2013 1:46:12 PM
Nero was a solid character with some solid mechanics and high level techniques, more than Donte could ever hope for. He only needed at least 1-2 other weapons and he'd be perfect.
---
Ill add something here later....
#26mad_hax_manPosted 5/4/2013 5:59:35 AM
5hadows posted...
Nero was a solid character with some solid mechanics and high level techniques, more than Donte could ever hope for. He only needed at least 1-2 other weapons and he'd be perfect.

Unlike a lot of people here, I don't hate DmC. But this is kind of what makes Capcom's decision to DmC so frustratingly stupid. They already had a game that succeeded in bringing new players in and had a character with whom they could expand on in both a story sense and a gameplay sense
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart