Why does everyone say dmc3's combat is better than DmC

#1NessXPoo-M2Posted 5/1/2013 7:04:09 PM
I started playing devil may cry 3 today(got up to the first vergil fight) and the combat is TERRIBLE. You can only go side to side with dodge roll, the jumping is stiff, and also attacking enemies while their airborn is so unnecessarily complicated. Seriously, attacking in the air is only for swordmaster? and dashing is only for trickster? It bothers me that you can only pick one or the other. I believe that anyone who says that Devil may crys combat is better than DmC's is either blind or havent played both the games one after the other. :\
#2smithkakarotPosted 5/1/2013 7:04:53 PM
Board User Information
User Name NessXPoo-M2
User ID 6761441
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
Account Created Saturday, April 27, 2013 9:18 PM
Last Visit Wednesday, May 1, 2013 8:04 PM
Karma 4
Active Messages Posted 16

---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#3NessXPoo-M2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 7:06:47 PM
smithkakarot posted...
Board User Information
User Name NessXPoo-M2
User ID 6761441
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
Account Created Saturday, April 27, 2013 9:18 PM
Last Visit Wednesday, May 1, 2013 8:04 PM
Karma 4
Active Messages Posted 16

Lol. i have multiple accounts. :)
#4KyryloPosted 5/1/2013 7:15:30 PM
NessXPoo-M2 posted...
I started playing devil may cry 3 today(got up to the first vergil fight) and the combat is TERRIBLE. You can only go side to side with dodge roll, the jumping is stiff, and also attacking enemies while their airborn is so unnecessarily complicated. Seriously, attacking in the air is only for swordmaster? and dashing is only for trickster? It bothers me that you can only pick one or the other. I believe that anyone who says that Devil may crys combat is better than DmC's is either blind or havent played both the games one after the other. :\

"unnecessarily complicated"? I lol'ed. sorry, kid, it's not game for noobs, please go back to playing DmC and My little Pony. I doubt you can handle anything better than this
#5NessXPoo-M2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 7:23:53 PM
Kyrylo posted...
NessXPoo-M2 posted...

"unnecessarily complicated"? I lol'ed. sorry, kid, it's not game for noobs, please go back to playing DmC and My little Pony. I doubt you can handle anything better than this

I never said i had problem with it. XD By complicated, i meant that some of the combo layouts could have been made much better. It just feels... like the developers didnt know what buttons to use for certain attacks. :P
#6Hunter1534Posted 5/1/2013 7:55:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcFgxVnxjNQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Get better. DMC 3 and 4's combat systems don't hold your hands at all.

Learn.
---
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hara kari rock. I NEED SCISSORS! 61!
#7NessXPoo-M2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:06:12 PM
haha! I actually loked DMC 4, almost as much as DmC actually. Its just DMC 3's gameplay that bothers me.
#8NessXPoo-M2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:06:41 PM
NessXPoo-M2 posted...
haha! I actually loked DMC 4, almost as much as DmC actually. Its just DMC 3's gameplay that bothers me.

*liked
#9darkslayer001Posted 5/1/2013 8:42:31 PM
Well DmC is much streamlined and easier, made for the casuals to just pick up the controller and have fun, so i can understand why you feel DmC is more enjoyable.
objectively speaking DMC3,4 blows DmC out of the field in combat. If you want to know why I suggest you dig through these boards for info.
Good day sir.
#10NostalgiaRulesPosted 5/1/2013 9:21:58 PM
NessXPoo-M2 posted...

It might take some getting used to, since you can't switch styles on the fly like in DMC 4. Maybe try practicing a little more. In DMC 3, I think it might be best to pick your favorite style and go through the game with that chosen style until you feel ready to try another style.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.