Were people seriously offended by the...(spoilers)

#1DantechanPosted 5/3/2013 2:29:56 PM
Abortion scene.

i mean yea it's tasteless, but I kinda find it weird that it causes so much controversy. i mean damn even my brother was pissed at that scene.
#2caffiend7Posted 5/3/2013 2:31:34 PM
I was disgusted cuz it's bad comedy and VERGIL DOESN'T USE GUNS
#3syctheweilderPosted 5/3/2013 2:33:44 PM
i never read about it in the news, so i guess people weren't offended en masse.

Funny, you'd think the 'republican mothers against videogames' crowd would be all over that mess.
#4Malus_X6Posted 5/3/2013 2:34:54 PM
There's just some things you don't do on screen. You can hint to it, but as soon as an angry soccer mom sees it, the virtual s*** hits the actual fan.

I know for a fact you can get away with that sort of thing in books.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#5KyryloPosted 5/3/2013 3:00:07 PM
Dantechan posted...
Abortion scene.

i mean yea it's tasteless, but I kinda find it weird that it causes so much controversy. i mean damn even my brother was pissed at that scene.

its disgusting.
#6StrelokPosted 5/3/2013 3:12:21 PM
Tasteless, disgusting, undermining the actual arguments in favor AND against abortion, trying too hard to be socially relevant and downright dumb.

It has no place in a DMC game.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#7Xtreme65Posted 5/3/2013 3:29:06 PM
People are reading way to much into this scene. Vergil only did it to piss Mundus off and for no other reason not to mention the child that was killed was this worlds equivalent of the anti christ. People should be more offended that Vergil used a gun.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#8StrelokPosted 5/3/2013 3:32:59 PM
That VINO used a gun off of his own violation without any team-up tendencies is just icing on the top of the gigantic crapfest.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#9Rising_shadowPosted 5/3/2013 3:54:31 PM
What makes the scene disgusting isn't Vorgel just killing the fetus and Lilith. It's him shooting her, pausing while giving a **** eating grin to let her realize he just killed her fetus aberration and then shooting her in the head for no reason. The moment he killed the fetus she was useless to either him or Mundus. He killed her just to be an even bigger dick.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#10Dark_EpathyPosted 5/3/2013 3:57:31 PM
And yet that's the point--to be disgusted with Vergil. He's not supposed to be DMC Vergil. He's DmC Vergil.

You don't have to like it, guys, but there is a reason for it. Yes, not to mention the demon spawn is the equivalent to the Antichrist.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead