Do you think Capcom will continue with DMC5, DmC2, or neither?

#1StepswordsmanPosted 5/4/2013 1:33:06 AM
So, which one is it? - Results (129 votes)
DMC5
32.56% (42 votes)
DmC2
40.31% (52 votes)
DMC5, but it will be the same as DmC, except with white hair
0% (0 votes)
Neither
14.73% (19 votes)
Huskies are quite the handful
12.4% (16 votes)
This poll is now closed.
With the next-gen console reveal being around the corner, what do you think happens next to the only game series that matter? Capcom has plenty of well-known titles right now, And DmC was quite a blunder. And with new consoles being Facebox and Twitterstation, I find it hard to expect a potential new DMC game, if it ever happens, to be something as great as DMC3 or DMC4. Or do you think the impossible has happened, and Capcom has learned from its mistakes for once?

Anyway, any ideas? Also, when is TST for DmC going to be held? I'd ask on the board where people actually discuss the game, but sadly, the X360 board literally only has one page of topics, four of which either ask or just state that DmC is dead and DmC2 isn't happening.
---
Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing.
#2smithkakarotPosted 5/4/2013 1:33:49 AM
I WANT to say DMC5.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#3produnerPosted 5/4/2013 1:46:30 AM
First and last options should be one.

Capcom is losing money and DMC is one of their top 5 franchises. They will be forced to make DMC5 instead of taking other risks. Also, there is the possibility of capcom paying more attention to next gen releases and then they might start making another DMC.
#4Stepswordsman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 2:22:04 AM
I want to say DMC5 as well, but I'm just not as good at predicting companies' moves as people like Shatter, unfortunately. And trying to look at things realistically, DMC's fate seems a bit grim. Is DMC really Capcom's top franchise? Because while I won't deny that DMC is one of their best series thanks to DMC3 and DMC4, their best selling games right now seem to be Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, DW Clone and Dragon Dogma. And it's Itsuno who is working on DD, too.

Oh well, guess we still don't have enough info on Capcom's strategy for this year. I just hope that "Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing" was something more than just a quick attempt to shift blame while they continue to try and get CoD audience with terrible reboots.
---
#5AkanesasusoraPosted 5/4/2013 2:39:08 AM
I want to say DMC5 as well, but I'm just not as good at predicting companies' moves as people like Shatter, unfortunately. And trying to look at things realistically, DMC's fate seems a bit grim. Is DMC really Capcom's top franchise? Because while I won't deny that DMC is one of their best series thanks to DMC3 and DMC4, their best selling games right now seem to be Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, DW Clone and Dragon Dogma. And it's Itsuno who is working on DD, too.

Last I heard, DMC was Capcom's fifth best selling franchise, with about 10 million copies sold.
And lol at shatterstar being good at predicting anything.

I HOPE Capcom will make a DMC5.
However, I EXPECT them to just drop the franchise, given how stupidly they've been acting the last few years.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7kgu0LGm21qgtcg1o1_500.gif
#6KyryloPosted 5/4/2013 2:42:42 AM
Stepswordsman posted...

Oh well, guess we still don't have enough info on Capcom's strategy for this year. I just hope that "Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing" was something more than just a quick attempt to shift blame while they continue to try and get CoD audience with terrible reboots.

as shatter? you mean when he predicted dragon's dogma 2 and Asura's wrath 2 and we ended with 2 psn hd remakes?
#7produnerPosted 5/4/2013 3:58:41 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Stepswordsman posted...

as shatter? you mean when he predicted dragon's dogma 2 and Asura's wrath 2 and we ended with 2 psn hd remakes?

Not exactly, his spot-on prediction was about benefits from outsourcing such as fresh-high quality products, cut in costs and capcom is making more money!!!!

"mate, you don't understand business don't you? Capcom will make DmC2 and will continue making more money and fresh games by outsourcing. Capcom is making money, Mate! use that brain of yours!.....LOL"- shatterstar, A.K.A solid mate, they legendary business man and DMC player.

*a week later* capcom: " 70 million$ losses, drop in quality due to excessive outsourcing".
#8KyryloPosted 5/4/2013 4:05:45 AM
produner posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Stepswordsman posted...

Not exactly, his spot-on prediction was about benefits from outsourcing such as fresh-high quality products, cut in costs and capcom is making more money!!!!

"mate, you don't understand business don't you? Capcom will make DmC2 and will continue making more money and fresh games by outsourcing. Capcom is making money, Mate! use that brain of yours!.....LOL"- shatterstar, A.K.A solid mate, they legendary business man and DMC player.

*a week later* capcom: " 70 million$ losses, drop in quality due to excessive outsourcing".

lol. yeah that's too. According to him Lollipop Chainsaw and Kan&Lynch are best games in the world, btw. After DmC of course.
#9Stepswordsman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 4:11:03 AM
Well, haven't you heard that a guy got fired from Gamespot for giving Kane&Lynch an inappropriately low score? They didn't even fire anyone from IGN from doing the same to God Hand, even though they gave it 3.0 instead of 10.0, as opposed to 6.5 instead of 9.0 (or something) in K&L's case.

That's just how good that game is.
---
#10PunkMcThrustPosted 5/4/2013 6:04:59 AM
Stepswordsman posted...

Street Fighter
Megaman
Monster Hunter
Resident Evil
Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry really is their 5th biggest franchise. Which makes the reboot make even less sense.
---
Armstrong for President